Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CaptainFish posted:

Biggest bummer of Patrick not being on staff, no more stuff where he just goes and streams with Lang.

That happened like twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

NienNunb posted:

How problematic do you think Patrick thinks Dan is?

Ostensibly severely

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I gotta figure out where those awesome NASCAR crashes came from

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Now watch Wrestlemania 9

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

He might have just popularized it, it's wrestler slang for "jobber" i.e. someone who is there to lose all the time and make the other guy look good

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

e: Never mind I was looking at the wrong thing on Kotaku. Serves me right.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Wormskull posted:

Patrick having friends is something I ponder constantly, it's like why a group of self-styled game journalism rebels would have a Patrick type journalist on there team, is another one that makes me lose sleep at night.

Because we both know Patrick was a step up from Kessler and Nicholson

Or did you forget

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

neither of those names are familiar to me. *looks at his rolodex of video game journalists and becomes depressed at how empty it is, as he failed to keep up to date on the names of grown men who write about the cultural impact of video games in our tumultuous 21st century world*

Let me jog your memory with their most defining writing traits then

Matt "three words in every sentence are hyperlinks to giant bomb wiki pages no matter how obscure" Kessler

And Brad "Kotaku/joystiq/Destructoid/the National Enquirer is reporting this thing I am quoting and rephrasing so it sounds like I did some actual work" Nicholson

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Verisimilidude posted:

Dan goes on an awful lot of first dates and I think the reason is because he keeps taking them to wrestling events and video game theme bars.

The same bar over and over again, the staff are starting to place bets every time

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

But was he wearing that stupid jacket

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

I couldn't watch prerec after they failed to grasp the fundamentals of Risk of Rain

Did it ever get better

They whined about call of duty more recently

So no, not really

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

A shocking number of people didn't get the extremely obvious joke and that's good

having not bothered to watch the quick look what joke is that

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Alright this all sounds pretty good then

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

source your quotes

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Brad always sounds deflated

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Blackheart posted:

Okay i rarely bash on Giantbomb because i love them. But this is just terrible. Take the video down and do some loving research.

1. Ur afking for several minutes in a game while other people are trying to have fun.
2. You spend no time learning the loving abilities on the heroes.
3. You dont understand the game or game modes, "i thought they were transporting it", when it said u were just attacking A.
4. If this is your job and it gets food on the table, then do some loving research on the game and play it for an hour or two before doing a quick look. Like wtf.

I can't fathom this. You go into a quick look unprepared and haven't played any of the heroes before? The game is growing on you Brad? Seriously? You haven't even loving played it.

This is the shittiest content you guys ever produced. And its a loving disgrace.

Peace.

Source your quotes

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

shame about brad

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

That description of Rorie from a few pages back was super loving apt and now I think of it every time he says anything on UPF

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Haven't watched yet but I bet he dies and doesn't know why

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

[darkness split by a spotlight shining down on a slim, Rockabilly hairdo and fixed gap teeth]

Good evening. I'm Motherfucker Mike. Now, some of you may be wondering- "What is this cat up to? What's his plan tonight?" No plan. No jokes. Just a serious discussion on this countries borders and the safety of its people. That's why I- *puts on Lets Make America Great Again hat* fully intend to express my rights as an American and vote for Trump. Because it's time we tell those assbags in congress: "You're Fired!"

you saved this for a new page so it would be quoted all the way down didnt you

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i don't do that petty bullshit mate, though i won't lie - i did feel excited when i saw it was the start of a new page

I mean it was a real banger so I wasnt gonna hold it against you or anything

also I caught some of bomberman 94 last night, it was really fun

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jeffs old hoarders bit was cool

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Undertale is too mainstream bruh

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Abu Dave posted:

good posting©

had to start on this page sometime

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fatty posted:

https://youtu.be/Tl2RT64PgCU?t=329

"That cybernetic skull looks like a real idiot!"

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I watched the old clip of Jeff playing an anime game and a caller asking him about Megan's Law and when Ryan had that huge outburst of laughter I thought it was Austin for a second :(

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

SuperHot is a confirmed sick game but I also preordered it from Humble in 2014 when it was like 15 bucks so i get why you might not buy it for 25

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So where's the book report

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

dont bring elementary school kids into this thread please

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Lang zone is a way better name by a macaroni mile

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Sharkopath posted:

Todays old game tapes episode is the entirety of Sony e3 2006.

oh poo poo

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

His Twitter implied he didn't really like it that much

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

His 4-star review implies otherwise.

his 4-star review implies he was really back and forth on it so w/e

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Man this sony presser is some real business

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Proud Rat Mom posted:

he is the homer simpson to brad's frank grimes

no chance, frank grimes was good at things

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fiction posted:

Alex talks a lot of mess about bloodlines in the new one.

Even Alex is allowed to be way wrong sometimes considering Brad is wrong about something almost all the time

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

In Training posted:

There's a part in bloodlines where it's like, they made a screen with about 30% more vertical space than normal and then folded it diagonally and deleted the in between elements. It's hard to explain but something like this

code:
.......---
Looks like this in the game

code:
..---...
So you can't see lots of platforms and your sprite is detached at the midriff and you can just fall into invisible pits and poo poo. I wonder who in the world thought that was fun

That's in the last level which has a few rooms like that, it's totally fine as a new challenge in the last stage of a castlevania game

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Fiction posted:

Jeff hearing about the UCLA shooting on the throwback hip hop channel and all he can say is "oh word??"

E: please don't reply to this post with "oh word??"

word

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

check out the big brain on brad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

so what content from e3 is worth checking out this time so far?