Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Great Joe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJf8RbxYE8

Game Room and its quick looks are a microcosm of giant bomb.

i harbor great fantasies of game room making a comeback, but with a less lovely pricing model and way better library

my take on game room is

1) one free play per day on any game - not just one free play at all, forever, per account, which is loving stupid. this means you can participate in challenges sent by friends who own games you don't
2) games cost a dollar to own forever - all of them. go ahead and do a bundle deal where you save a dollar or two for buying a bunch of them at once; who cares. don't gouge motherfuckers wanting to play a 20+ year old atari game
3) just bend over backwards to get companies to license their games to you - you're microsoft. just go up to capcom, tell them to imagine the biggest number they can, and then write that number on a check and give it to them. you won't miss the money EVER
4) do the games with gold thing and give away one free game a month

oh wow a permanent community playing and enjoying oldass videogames they'd never otherwise bother with

how'd that happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Neurolimal posted:

e: tbh i'd straight up buy an xbone if they managed to bring back the game room but also got those crazy japanese arcade games with scannable cards and poo poo, they totally could mimic that poo poo with the kinect

please remember ps3's eye of judgement and also remember how much that ultimately sucked

augmented reality was neat for as long as hologram games and VR games were - the very first time you did them, and then it was near vertical vanishing returns

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
glad i'm too loving old and uncool to know who the gently caress dan ryckert is

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
what's going to happen to dan when you all stop listening to him and giving him the attention he craves