Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the game was more broken than the release version of civ3: conquests and the writing and atmosphere had all the intelligence of a 14 year old reading 1984, i robot, and the wikipedia article for tesla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
much like your posting

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Coolguye posted:

much like your posting

:downsbravo:

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

the game was more broken than the release version of civ3: conquests and the writing and atmosphere had all the intelligence of a 14 year old reading 1984, i robot, and the wikipedia article for tesla

It's motherfucking Tesla bitches!!! Lol that man did some wild poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Coolguye posted:

much like your posting

Would hate to be Borsche69 right now.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
it sure is great that we have all these other similar games with superior gameplay and atmosphere such as

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
love me some good fuckin atmosphere

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
never played it but going by the name alone it sounds like some dweeb space bullshit for olds so iawtop

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Negative, op

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
The real lesson we should all take from this is that a game that was "more broken than the release version of civ3: conquests" and had "all the intelligence of a 14 year old reading 1984, i robot, and the wikipedia article for tesla" is still considered a masterpiece, which tells you a lot about the baseline for vidya gaems.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

lol if you wouldn't deepthroat sid meier's doughy cock for a chance to play an updated version of this, rolling his balls around tenderly and maybe sticking your pinky up his butt if he adds in a cool xpac

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
wasnt it brian reynolds who was actually responsible for all the scifi stuff? wouldnt want to deepthroat the wrong cock for nothin

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I spent hours making my little moon base and then i met my first other leader. He was some smug looking well dressed gentlemen and he gave me a very well mannered veiled threat about paying for protection. I told him to go gently caress himself: the game was super early and I barely have a working base let alone soldiers. The game was set to easy , what forces could he possibly have? Anyway, he then invaded with a million guys and I immediately died, and then never played again.

Basically OP is correct, and also I'm bad at games

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

grate deceiver posted:

wasnt it brian reynolds who was actually responsible for all the scifi stuff? wouldnt want to deepthroat the wrong cock for nothin

Double it up just to make sure

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
alpha centauri is a garbage game yes

people who consider it masterpieces are people who can't handle well designed games so they go straight for the story

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Alpha Centauri is loving badass.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

lotta people wrong itt

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Panzeh posted:

people who consider it masterpieces are people who can't handle well designed games so they go straight for the story

Gamers are allowed to enjoy stories you killjoy rear end in a top hat. gently caress off.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Thug Lessons posted:

Gamers are allowed to enjoy stories you killjoy rear end in a top hat. gently caress off.

It might be legal but should it?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Thug Lessons posted:

im a gamer and i enjoy stories

when reading a book

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Mung Dynasty posted:

im a gamer and i enjoy stories

when reading a book
fukkkken owneeeeed

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
It's gay poo poo OP.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Widestancer posted:

lol if you wouldn't deepthroat sid meier's doughy cock for a chance to play an updated version of this, rolling his balls around tenderly and maybe sticking your pinky up his butt if he adds in a cool xpac

hell, i would

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

:bravo: is always funnier than :downsbravo: please keep that in mind

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

oddium posted:

:bravo: is always funnier than :downsbravo: please keep that in mind

:downsbravo:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Panzeh posted:

SMAC is literally the story game of the Civ franchise.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

Alpha Centauri is loving badass.

gently caress off back to D&D please.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Borsche69 posted:

gently caress off back to D&D please.

Wow, fresh off probation for other forums poo poo and you can't help but do it again. Figures you've got no taste.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
As GBS learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained posters whose mods at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free forum gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
what exactly is broken about smac op?

saying "there's only one optimal strategy for winning with slight variations" doesn't count because that's every civ game

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

darealkooky posted:

what exactly is broken about smac op?

saying "there's only one optimal strategy for winning with slight variations" doesn't count because that's every civ game

The AI is stupid as gently caress (Civ2 levels of stupid) and Supply Crawlers are broken as gently caress.

Saying something arbitrarily 'doesn't count' is stupid as gently caress, you can't just remove a piece of criticism about a game when you deem it doesn't apply. And you're also wrong about Civ4 having just one optimal strategy, idiot.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

People talk about the AI being bad in all games but I feel like they must really not remember playing Civ2 and SMAC. The AI in Civ3 made more sense.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

lol complaining about stuff being broken in a one player game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Even though I don't enjoy it, I need to pick this broken strategy because the deep metagame of me and myself requires I use every advantage

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

darealkooky posted:

lol complaining about stuff being broken in a one player game

darealkooky posted:

Even though I don't enjoy it, I need to pick this broken strategy because the deep metagame of me and myself requires I use every advantage

You are retarded.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

darealkooky posted:

Yes. It's actually Extremely Epic to play games in stupid and retarded ways, instead of using skill.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Borsche69 posted:

You are retarded.

:forkbomb:

• Locked thread