Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
My friend totally got them confused, too. I think it's because they both have purple hair, purple/black outfits, and have their eyes concealed. Rider could equip a cloak and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
I don't think you get the clearest idea of character motivations from watching the anime so far, but in its defense I'm not sure how much character drama Fate/Zero had going on by episode 9 either. It had more intrigue and more interesting fight scenes, but in terms of character development, I think a lot of the important scenes happened in the second half of the story.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Hya hya foowah!
I'm pretty sure that servants cannot directly kill their masters. If they could, it wouldn't make sense why they'd ever stick around with masters they hate, since they'd have countless opportunities to kill them and find someone else. I think that having your servant's command seals implies a "you shall not harm me" command is already in place. Or else most people would have to use one of their command seals at the very beginning just to be able to sleep at night.

• Locked thread