Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SelenicMartian posted:

While the Bone PR priests and worshippers are quite a conversation piece, the recent announcement of PS Home shutdown has revealed an even dumber demographic group: people who spent thousands of $ on PS Home.

don't forget people who bought a ps4 for destiny because hype then found out it was boring poo poo just like every game :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Berious posted:

don't forget people who bought a ps4 for destiny because hype then found out it was boring poo poo just like every game :smith:

Don't worry, they stopped treasure caves and fixed engrams. I have no idea what I just said.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Berious posted:

it was boring poo poo just like every game :smith:
get out you fake gamer bitch

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jamfrost posted:

Don't worry, they stopped treasure caves and fixed engrams. I have no idea what I just said.

That sounds like a bad thing whatever that is.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Berious posted:

lmao, worse than pre-ordering.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im posting on an internet games forum but check out this crazy twist: i think all games are bad lmao!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

if you're not cynical as all hell and don't crater your expectations when it comes to bideo games you haven't learned a thing.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

mcvey posted:

if you're not cynical as all hell and don't crater your expectations when it comes to bideo games you haven't learned a thing.

I am excited about this year's Call of Duty I think jetpacks will really "change things up" for the better :)

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
disturbing lack of charts itt

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bass Bottles posted:

I am excited about this year's Call of Duty I think jetpacks will really "change things up" for the better :)

u get robot suits i think i saw

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Seriously? Are we doing this again? I mean, there was a moment where I would've been right there with you. But that time has passed. The concept isn't that good and it's not that fun, just dredging up the same things over and over as if it's fresh and new. But it isn't.
The real contributors in the past have moved on. I don't see any of them, do you? And just because you mimic what they did, doesn't make you them. This was dead out of the gate.

What's the plan? Limp forward as the handful of people into it get more and more insular? My recommendation is you quit now. We've all had a laugh but it's just pathetic at this point. It's time you realized that I'm talking about Microsofts' Xbox One.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

disturbing lack of charts itt

Wait a few weeks for the September NPD numbers, I'm sure the Destiny Boost will result in many charts, graphs, and numbers for all of us to enjoy.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

He has brought shame upon his family.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i mainly read the last thread for shadow puppet posts

this new one is just pointless

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

koolkal posted:

i mainly read the last thread for shadow puppet posts

this new one is just pointless
Yes. I am lost without my Amazon sales rank updates.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

echronorian posted:

Seriously? Are we doing this again? I mean, there was a moment where I would've been right there with you. But that time has passed. The concept isn't that good and it's not that fun, just dredging up the same things over and over as if it's fresh and new. But it isn't.
The real contributors in the past have moved on. I don't see any of them, do you? And just because you mimic what they did, doesn't make you them. This was dead out of the gate.

What's the plan? Limp forward as the handful of people into it get more and more insular? My recommendation is you quit now. We've all had a laugh but it's just pathetic at this point. It's time you realized that I'm talking about Microsofts' Xbox One.

People like you turned Kewpuhs funny thread into a dumb chat thread

Good job

:thumbsup:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Good job

I have no clue why you have such a big boner for me. And I thought the xbone was huge!!!

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
:rip: shadow puppet of posts

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Widestancer posted:

Good job

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread loving SUCKS

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
gas

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My theory is that shadow puppet was a manifestation of the last thread. A single consciousness born of the united hate and hillarity for the xbone.

He did not exist outside of the shark tank.

In closing the shark tank, the mods have inadvertently killed shadow puppet.

We need to resurrect him.

All in one. Input one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CheeseFactory posted:

My theory is that shadow puppet was a manifestation of the last thread. A single consciousness born of the united hate and hillarity for the xbone.

This is almost as bad as that time SPO tried to make a deak joke lymeric during peak deak but it was so loving bad the thread put deak on the back burner and made fun of SPO for 2 pages.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

That looks like it should be a screencap from an episode of Banzai: Will someone buy an XBox One in Japan today! Place your bets now!

That or, "Do YOU come with the Xbox One?"/"Oh, you! Teeheehee!"

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 28, 2014

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I'll be your new SPO. I'll win hearts and minds just you wait.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Xbox one loving sucks!!!

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Mission accomplished

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SBJ posted:

Xbox one loving sucks!!!

My hero

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Worked for me

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
The average xboner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DnKNClu2XM

"No Ragrets"

Also pretty sure Crafty and SPO are the same person. There is no way that Crafty doesn't have a mental illness of some sort, and if it's split personality disorder then it's possible that one of his split personalities hates the Xbone and posts as shadow puppet. They speak the same, but one spits truth and the other, cum

a constant battle with his inner demons, whenever Crafty says "have you SEEN titanfall???", the shadow puppet personality mindfucks him with flashing disco images of sales charts.This is why he was called "shadow puppet of". the word that was missing at the end of his username was "Crafty".

e: also fits the thread title too. illuminati bingo

SBJ fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 28, 2014

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SBJ posted:

The average xboner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DnKNClu2XM

"No Ragrets"

Also pretty sure Crafty and SPO are the same person. There is no way that Crafty doesn't have a mental illness of some sort, and if it's split personality disorder then it's possible that one of his split personalities hates the Xbone and posts as shadow puppet. They speak the same, but one spits truth and the other, cum

a constant battle with his inner demons, whenever Crafty says "have you SEEN titanfall???", the shadow puppet personality mindfucks him with flashing disco images of sales charts.This is why he was called "shadow puppet of". the word that was missing at the end of his username was "Crafty".

e: also fits the thread title too. illuminati bingo

I like this theory.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Zinkraptor posted:

Wait a few weeks for the September NPD numbers, I'm sure the Destiny Boost will result in many charts, graphs, and numbers for all of us to enjoy.

I've seen people having the choice between a PS4 with FIFA, and a Bone with FIFA and Forza 5. The Xbone is like 15 dollars more. Even with two games in the bag, people still wanted the PS4 more.
FIFA and Destiny might do interesting things for the NPD numbers. I'm looking forward to it, at least :)

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Apparently less than 10k people have bought/played D4. wtg Microsoft

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902813

quote:

Q. What constitutes “selling like poo poo”?

A. According to the leaderboards, as of this very moment less than 10,000 people have bought and played this game worldwide.

Q. Whoa, that is bad. So why is the game selling so badly?

A. It was basically sent to die. It was unceremoniously dumped on the Xbox One’s store without a release date announced in advance. D4 has received essentially no marketing whatsoever. This leads me to believe that the publisher, Microsoft, lost faith in the product and told the team to halt production and just release whatever was finished. Sadly, this game will live or die on word-of-mouth alone. The game’s director, Swery, has stated that his team is not actively working on further episodes at this time and that the sales of Season One will determine if they are allowed to continue the story. Naturally, this episodic story ends on a cliffhanger.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 28, 2014

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another tragedy to add on top of the poo poo pile that is the third Xbox they called the Xbox one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know dropping games un-announced on the online stores as worked before. Just look at the atelier series on the vita.

Then again, I dont think D4 has anime moe high impact sexual violence going for it so dont expect it to sell as good as those.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Has anyone else had their joystick break off some little piece (sounds like a screw honestly) inside and then ride rough after? Especially when you click down on it, it's not smooth.

This has happened to me three times in the matter of days. I had to ship out the first one and buy a second controller (that I do not need) and the second one did it after two days. Now the third controller that I got after returning the second one to the store just did it as well.

The 360 controllers never had this problem for me. I am trying to get a tally of anyone else who has had this happen to their joystick on the One controllers.

The worst part is having to ship out a faulty product like this expecting to have it happen again. They made me pay shipping, wasted my time from the web chat lady lying and say Fedex would have a label ready for me for free, and the first time they called they told me they'd ship out a new one free without me needing to send the old one in.

They ended up offering me 2 months of Xbox Live to compensate shipping cost. I can't believe how bad their customer service is on a product that is clearly defective. I've heard several people say they had the issue as well.

I had the first controller for 17 days, I know this because Best Buy won't return after 14. That's why I had to send it back. Controller had maybe 25-30 hours tops in those days.

The second controller probably had 10 or less before it broke. I don't feel like I am that hard with it, I get into playing FIFA and it can get intense with movement of the joystick, but again, never had a problem with 360. Now the third one was probably 6-8 hours tops.

What the gently caress???

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

T Bowl posted:

Has anyone else had their joystick break off some little piece (sounds like a screw honestly) inside and then ride rough after? Especially when you click down on it, it's not smooth.

This has happened to me three times in the matter of days. I had to ship out the first one and buy a second controller (that I do not need) and the second one did it after two days. Now the third controller that I got after returning the second one to the store just did it as well.

The 360 controllers never had this problem for me. I am trying to get a tally of anyone else who has had this happen to their joystick on the One controllers.

The worst part is having to ship out a faulty product like this expecting to have it happen again. They made me pay shipping, wasted my time from the web chat lady lying and say Fedex would have a label ready for me for free, and the first time they called they told me they'd ship out a new one free without me needing to send the old one in.

They ended up offering me 2 months of Xbox Live to compensate shipping cost. I can't believe how bad their customer service is on a product that is clearly defective. I've heard several people say they had the issue as well.

I had the first controller for 17 days, I know this because Best Buy won't return after 14. That's why I had to send it back. Controller had maybe 25-30 hours tops in those days.

The second controller probably had 10 or less before it broke. I don't feel like I am that hard with it, I get into playing FIFA and it can get intense with movement of the joystick, but again, never had a problem with 360. Now the third one was probably 6-8 hours tops.

What the gently caress???
Yes

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Is this the new thread that mocks the Xbox one? I liked that thread but it suddenly disappeared. Did it reach 1080 pages?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

henpod posted:

Is this the new thread that mocks the Xbox one? I liked that thread but it suddenly disappeared. Did it reach 1080 pages?

yes but it sucks
no kewpuh didn't let it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

mcvey posted:

Apparently less than 10k people have bought/played D4. wtg Microsoft

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902813

That sucks, since apparently it's pretty good if you like Swery's brand of crazy. Getting good reviews and good word of mouth from the few people who bought it. But the Xbone isn't really the demographic for a niche very-Japanese crazy detective story to begin with, and then Microsoft just dumped it out there to die without even promoting a release date in advance. And no one is buying a Bone just for D4.

Poor Swery is stuck responding on Twitter to everyone going "why didn't you put it on PS4" and "when is the PC port?"

• Locked thread