Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

How did agile improve your process? Did you deliver on time and on budget? Were you able to adapt to constantly changing requirements? Did your company send you to be scrum-master certified (tm)? Post the best sprint retrospective and scrum stories u got.

Some of my favorite agile words:
Estimation Kaizen Product owners Scrum Theme
Regression test Scrum-Master Story Point Bottleneck Agile
Spike XP
Pattern Refactor
War Room Unit Test Sprint Planning Emergent Test Driven Development
Manifesto Iterate Retrospective Stand-up Epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Six smega cum lord

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

agile is a great way to get mediocre work out of developers from whom you were previously getting terrible work because they can't just dick around for 3 months and show no progress

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

How did agile improve your process? Did you deliver on time and on budget? Were you able to adapt to constantly changing requirements? Did your company send you to be scrum-master certified (tm)? Post the best sprint retrospective and scrum stories u got.

Some of my favorite agile words:
Estimation Kaizen Product owners Scrum Theme
Regression test Scrum-Master Story Point Bottleneck Agile
Spike XP
Pattern Refactor
War Room Unit Test Sprint Planning Emergent Test Driven Development
Manifesto Iterate Retrospective Stand-up Epic

I literally can't read this, my vision blurs red and I hear a buzzing noise in my ears

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

agile: just keep having meetings until the people who suck finally run out of excuses

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

qirex posted:

agile: just keep having meetings until the people who suck finally run out of excuses

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

agile: don't worry, the other team doesn't believe you guys will do your job properly either

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

dont mean to brag but ive got lots of epic on my level 90 troll elemental shaman, op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what the heck is agile

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i agilely choose "next iteration" on all my tasks at the end of every iteration, so i'm doing agile programming, op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Hum If U Scrum

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

carry on then posted:

i agilely choose "next iteration" on all my tasks at the end of every iteration, so i'm doing agile programming, op

i think u work with me. Haha, j/k!!! this is what we all do as far as i can tell!!

Hen
Aug 22, 2006

In the process of migrating my team away from agile to something resembling continuous integration and it is soooo much better.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Hen posted:

In the process of migrating my team away from agile to something resembling continuous integration and it is soooo much better.

You can do both. (We do)

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
my company is migrating to some kind of scrum-life and is trying to make people from the support department with no engineering or project management experience be little project managers. it's going great.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Hen posted:

as long as you're migrating iteratively

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
has anyone said scrumdog millionaire yet

cya later scrumlords

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

synergy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
when people say "scrum" what they usually mean is rapid(er) releases and I dont really see anything wrong with that.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if i never have to explain what a "point" is to people ever again i can die a happy man

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

my advice is to use XP. If you don't want to do XP, scrum is ok and if you Just Use Hours On Your Estimate For Fucks Sake you probably won't annoy people too much and you might actually ship something at some point.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qirex posted:

agile is a great way to get mediocre work out of developers from whom you were previously getting terrible work because they can't just dick around for 3 months and show no progress

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I set my mail rules to delete anything with the word agile in the subject and it has worked out pretty well so far. another agile success story.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

this is basically all process programs. the more incompetent and lazy a team is, the more they benefit from a strict process. the converse is also true that the better and more productive a team is, the more they are harmed by stricter process.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
a scrum is that rugby thing with thumbs in butts right? sounds like i will be sticking to waterfall thanks!!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

qirex posted:

we do a standup every morning where we talk about what we did and unless you feel fine straight up lying and assuming no one will check, it is plenty of motivation not to dick around

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

what the heck is agile

who cares op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

we do a standup every morning where we talk about what we did and unless you feel fine straight up lying and assuming no one will check, it is plenty of motivation not to dick around

i went to a preschool too op

are u rly treated this badly at ur job i hope not

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

theadder posted:

i went to a preschool too op

are u rly treated this badly at ur job i hope not

i mean i also like knowing what other people are doing

ii oh el
Jan 9, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i would spend more time constructing this daily speech than working on anything

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

echinopsis posted:

what the heck is agile

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
"agile" is when a company that's completely institutionally incapable of carrying on a modern software development process forces the programmers to do a bunch of tiresome rituals and spends company money on whiteboards and TV screens instead of actually looking critically at how they work

people who actually have what an agile process is supposed to be don't say "agile" as a noun. in fact they just call it programming

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ii oh el posted:

i would spend more time constructing this daily speech than working on anything

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:bsdsnype:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

qirex posted:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
whats agile

echinopsis posted:

what the heck is agile

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Someone is farting in the departmental stand up

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

kwinkles posted:

a scrum is that rugby thing with thumbs in butts right? sounds like i will be sticking to waterfall thanks!!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
pretty much any iterative development model works fine if you have the right people involved and committed to your project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the best place i ever worked at with the most successful projects used a scaled down version of rup

• Locked thread