Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Are there any options for setting up a 150" - 180" 16:9 screen that can also be taken down and stored somewhere? Have any of you done this or known someone who did it effectively? I understand that waves and issues will happen more to non-fixed screens, but I've got a 120" 16:9 image on a wall with grey-ish paint that works great and would like to explore options for going larger, even if it's a pain to set up and tear down.

edit: I went ahead and pressed the effort button and found a few items like this. I just can't imagine those screens holding up and staying tight with a lot of set ups/tear downs.

Strike Anywhere fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Aeka 2.0 posted:

i think your bigger issue may be light output for that size. what is your projector and environment?

I've been using an old Dell MP2300. I'm leaning towards getting a Benq down the road. The Dell does well on a 120" diag 16:9 space on the wall, although I honestly have no frame of reference. Movies play in the living room in the evening when it's dark, so light control is not an issue.