Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
Great thread!

After realizing I never really watch TV anymore, I've been thinking of ditching it and getting a projector instead. Sound will run through the stereo, and it will be mostly use for movies (either Blu Rays through the PS3 or Netflix etc from an Apple mini). I don't think I will do much, if any, gaming, but the option is of course nice. The projector it self will be ceiling mounted and about 2.8m (9.2 feet). There is a natural nook for the ceiling-mounted pull-down screen which when measured should be able to hold a 88" diagonal screen. The room itself is white painted with windows on one wall, but these all have metal blinds, so I can shut out the light pretty well. Also, where I live it's dark half the year anyways. I can pull one 8m HDMI, but I have been looking at wireless projectors too.

In my budget, I have been looking at three different projectors, but don't know which one to choose:

1. Epson LCD TW6600 ($1488 here)
Gotten some good reviews as far as I can see.
(http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/projectors/1402018/epson-eh-tw6600-review)

2. Epson LCD TW6600W ($1643 here)
This one is the same as the previous, but wireless and comes with a wireless hub that has 5 HDMIs. Very handy!
(http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/epson-eh-tw6600w-review/20551)

3. BenQ DLP W1070 ($932 here)
I see this one recommended by many people.

3. BenQ DLP W1070+W ($1452 here)
Same as previous, but with wireless, although this one only has space for 1 HDMI wireless signal.

Are the Epson's worth the price difference? Are there better options?
I can of course consider other projectors and tips, and budgetwise I would like to get a good option as cheap as possible, but around $1500-1600 is doable for the projector.

Thank you for any advice!

iSimian fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

wolfbiker posted:

W1070 should be less than that, it's around $620 CAD (refurbished).

After looking around it seems $827 US is the cheapest the W1070 can be bought for in my country. It's many Kroners.