Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I also bought a cheap projector on sale recently. It's pretty great being able to set it up in my kitchen while I cook. I can't really see my TV from there because of the sun's glare. I just mirror my PC using chromecast and it works fine, just 1/4 second-ish behind what's playing on my PC screen. Dumb use case, but I kind of love it.

Once the sun is down, I've been setting it up in my living room with an (also cheap) projector screen. Playing Zelda and watching 720p movies in all their blurry glory are awesome on a 150' screen that takes up most of my condo. Honestly playing Mario Kart multiplayer on a screen that big has pretty much been a dream of mine since I was a kid.

I think I can justify buying a 4k projector with low latency at this point. I'm not a projector expert, so it seems tricky shopping online and not being able to see the tradeoffs between a 800 dollar 4k projector vs a 2000 dollar one in person. I haven't stepped foot in a Best Buy in years, but I think I'll swing by one today and see if have demos. It would be nice to have one in time for the long weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Since posting this morning, I went with a BenQ. I saw Optoma was on a few lists of projectors good for gaming when I was googling around this morning. But they seems to have some quality control issues.