Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
I have a $1500 budget for a small studio apartment home theater setup. I have a 6'x4' white wall right behind my computer desk, and two massive studio monitors on the sides, so it makes sense to place a projector screen on that wall. This is a very approximate picture of the setup: http://imgur.com/Uh6KQRZ[1] (there are actually no walls on both the left and right sides)

The challenge is that I have only about 5' from the wall to the bed, and I'm not currently planning to set up any mounts in here, so it leaves me only with the short throw and ultra short throw options. I could place the projector either directly on the desk (that'd be great) or on a stand about 5' away from the wall. I might be missing some options here, I'm a complete beginner, so please do recommend alternatives if I've missed any.

In terms of what I've seen out there, I considered ST and UST projectors:

I couldn't find anything 1080p and affordable in terms of UST projectors, am I missing something?
In terms of ST, the BenQ HT1085ST seems very popular, but it seems to want at least a good 6' or more, so I'm not sure if that'll be good enough.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Anything I missed? Totally out of my element here, so hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Sounds good, makes sense.