Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
After I made a 50% joke to a buddy that I’d sell him my projector cheap so I could buy a new one, he took me up on it.

My Epson LS11000 should be delivered today. Time is moving at a snails pace.

I had an Epson 8350. This is going to be a massive upgrade.

mrbass21 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Cabbages and Kings posted:

was this based on digging around on AVSForums or similar? Asking because I hope to be in the same boat in a couple months, upgrading from a BenQ HT2050 I got in 2016. At that time the advice from AVSForum etc was to buy that specific thing if you weren't trying to spend > $5000 USD, which I was not (2050 was $800ish in 2016). I'd like to go to 4k on something a bit brighter and it seems like it's finally affordable to do that.

I'd rather spend closer to 2k than 3k but the last one has run 7 years (w/1 bulb replacement); if I can get the same or better here that seems fine given how much media (mostly other) people in this house seem to consume.

e: digging into this; that's a 4Ke projector, so smack dab between 1080 and true 4k. The LS12000 gets there at $5000 US; I'll have to ponder this. I looked into it a couple years ago and at that point true 4k looked like a ~10k proposition, so prices have come down more than half in that time frame, considering inflation. Maybe if I wait another year or two they will do that again :sigh: As long as the current thing works, it is very much a want and not a need.

I wish I could look at the same image projected on the same screen, at 4Ke vs 4k. I think it's entirely possible that even with my glasses on I can't tell the difference on a 12' screen from 17' away.

Don’t sleep on the LS11000. I have it because it was impossible for me to find a 12000 at the time. I love it and don’t have any regrets about not getting the 12000.