Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Does anyone have any experience with ultra cheap projectors like either of these:

http://amzn.com/B00KQK5LK8
http://amzn.com/B00PNGM8UQ
http://amzn.com/B00QWUPAWK

I know the response will be "they suck", but I'm not looking for anything fancy - just something for the bedroom to get a watchable image of Futurama or Peep Show or whatever to watch while I'm in bed. I'm planning on projecting on the wall. My only worry is that they'll suck so much that I'll be left with a ~75 dollar paperweight after a couple months. It would probably only ever be used with my Amazon Fire stick that is currently collecting dust.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Does any company make an attachment for normal projectors to allow them to project at a right angle, or even to turn a normal projector into one of those ones that actually projects behind it? I'm thinking of moving around my furniture, but i don't have a lot of options given where the projector has to go.

If it helps, I'm not looking for anything "home theater" quality, I'm just looking for something that will get me a viewable picture on the wall.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Recently rearranged my bedroom, and the one problem with the new layout is there’s nowhere to put the projector. But there is a perfect blank wall right in front of the bed. A little MacGuyver’ing later and, voila

Benq1070 + shower mirror + cardboard + toothpick = homemade ultra short throw projector. Sure, I’ve got the keystone correction set to the max and it’s still pretty skewed, but it’s good enough for watching Frasier or Simpsons reruns before I go to sleep.

Is there any actual product out there to achieve what I’m doing here, ideally with better results?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
1) I don't want to have to spend a few hundred dollars on a TV when I already have a perfectly good projector that will go unused otherwise.

2) I'd also have to buy a TV stand or dresser or something to put the TV on, which won't fit well in that spot and also costs $$$.

3) Mounting a TV on that wall is not an option for a few reasons.

4) It's stupid, but I like not having a TV in the bedroom, while still having the option to watch TV in the bedroom. I'm only ever watching TV in there at night so ambient light is not a problem, and it's very nice having a "TV" that disappears when not in use.

5) This was basically just a proof of concept and now that it works I've ordered a better mirror to hopefully have something a little more permanent and maybe a little less skewed. I was just wondering if some company made like a pre-made snap-on mirror apparatus for this specific purpose, but a little googling has showed me that this is not a thing.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 22, 2020