Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Meanwhile I just ordered a $50 more-than-likely junk FANGOR projector from Walmart because there's some sort of 50% off sale going on, and I just want something to point at the cieling while I fall asleep. Image quality isn't going to be an issue for me so long as it's above 240p (i made that mistake before buying a mini projector from the drug store) since I'll be asleep, but I hope it will let my windows pc cast to it.

Hopefully the info about walmart's website having discounts is of some use to y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Well, my heavily discounted projector that I received from Walmart.com arrived a couple of days ago, and so far I really like it a lot. The back of it isn't flat (instead it has some sort of area for a roku and usb charging port for a phone), so I'm probably going to see if I can find a mount that I can use to point the projector straight at the ceiling. If not, then maybe bodge together some setup that will accomplish the same thing. But I did use the projector to watch some shows, and I'm fairly impressed. There does seem to be issues directly casting my Windows 11 desktop to it, but the manual specifically said not to do that (something about Wi-Fi being slow?), so hey, all good. For $50, I'm quite happy as a clam with my new purchase.

I might even purchase a cheap walmart .onn google TV box thing so I can hook that up to the back of the projector, and then cast to the .onn instead of directly to the projector instead. Or I might purchase a cheap as hell refurbished mini PC for $60 because all I need it for it to open Firefox and stream youtube videos while I go to sleep.

But yeah, overall, I'm liking my $60 1080p projector, and can recommend browsing Walmart.com for one because all of them seem to be on sale right now.