Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Can I get a recommendation for a pull down (or like motor down) retractable projector screen? Ideally something easily wall mounted. Like 100” would be great but honestly flexible on the size, the main thing is something which will end up looking good. I’ve been projecting onto an off white wall, so I figure just going to a good screen will help the image quality a lot. However, all the recs I’ve found which seems sort of trustworthy are for fixed screens. The goal is making it so the wall isn’t always taken up by the projector, so these are sort of a no go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Ty!

For context I should have mentioned initially — I have a BenQ HT1075 1080p projector - so it’s only like a $500 projector at this point. Is it still worth going for a screen that good, or would the lower quality of the projector make that not super worthwhile? (Also is my projector out of date enough it could be upgraded for not that much?). Also super good tip re the tensioning, that would’ve never occurred to me.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
This is all really helpful, thank you! That makes sense re: stuff to look for in a screen. I’ll probably look for one of these non 4K cheaper screens for now then if it’s a big enough price drop, and then revisit if (ok maybe in a while but probably when) I end up deciding to upgrade.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Any thoughts on the BenQ X3000i: https://www.benq.com/en-us/projector/gaming/x3000i.html

I basically just want something with a relatively short throw and vertical + horizontal keystone adjustment, since my apartment situation is not always projector positioning friendly. I was hoping for in the like $$1k-2k range, and ideally a bit higher resolution than 1080. Not using lamps also a plus. If it could be viewable during the day w brightness that would be ideal.

I’m upgrading from a low to mid range very old projector, so a bunch of stuff would feel like an improvement.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Still struggling a bit with this decision.

I think I basically just want a relatively short throw (like 90” at 6’-8’? Ideally on the shorter end of that) projector with vertical and horizontal digital keystone. Vertical lens shift also maybe, but not as needed? Then I’d mostly like it to be a reasonable resolution and pretty bright. Lower input lag would be nice but is not really needed.

I’m getting pretty lost going through projector central’s search function trying to think through all these trade offs. I’m hoping to hit somewhere between $1,000-$2,000 for the projector. If anyone has suggestions I am very interested!