Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Any recommendations on where to get a replacement bulb for an Optoma HD20? I've had the "replacement suggested" message coming up for months now. I think we're just shy of 5,000 hours, but I run it on eco mode almost all of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
King Hotpants, where would you buy your replacement bulbs? My Optoma HD20's lamp is bound to go out soon.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
http://imgur.com/a/tSndL

I've got an Optoma HD20 that I've had for a few years now. Bulb hours are 6,104. Recently, I've noticed some rolling black bars. I don't know what's causing them, but the only thing I can liken them to is when I was a little kid, I would notice the TV image would sometimes get these faded bars when my parents were vacuuming or running some other electrical appliance. We haven't added anything more to the apartment (in fact, in switching from AT&T to Comcast, we've got a few things less plugged in), so I don't know what could be causing this problem.

My wife and I first noticed it on our TV signal, but it's also showing up on my XBox One. It doesn't really affect lighter colors, but it's definitely noticeable if there are light and dark colors together (tends to black out the dark colors, faces, people in darker rooms, etc).

Is this a by-product of a dying bulb, or do I need to be looking elsewhere?

Edit - I don't know why I didn't think to hook my laptop up to see if they were still there. I'm not seeing the rolling black bars, so maybe it's the Comcast equipment.

Kameh fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 13, 2015