Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Ask me about my lego spheres!
I'm looking for a new projector, for around €600, for watching movies / TV from my laptop. I currently have a pretty crappy Optoma business projector which has been doing the job for the past couple of years. I have a shelf perfectly positioned at the back of my living room on which the projector sits and projects onto the white wall opposite (about 3 metres away).

The BenQ W1070 looks great for my requirements, with one exception: the shelf I can put the projector on is only 26cm deep, and the BenQ is 24cm deep with all the ports on the back...Can you recommend either a slightly less deep projector, or one with the power and connection ports on the side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Are there any new exciting projectors on the horizon to usurp the BenQ W1070/HT1075's throne? I've started to get used the insanely quick product cycles of laptops, mobile phones, etc, but from what I can tell the projector market isn't so fast-moving. Is that true?

lionlegs fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 26, 2015

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
King Hotpants, have you had the chance to review the Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector yet?

It looks insane. I have a hard time believing it's a real thing.

Edit: Oh God the "concept video" is terrible https://www.youtube.com/video/2CZmEx2AqPE

lionlegs fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 14, 2015