Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Do projectors usually support universal remote controls? I've got a LG PA70g, and a TiVo that supports universal remote control codes, but 1 none of the lg codes worked, and 2 I can't seem to find codes online for it. Any pointers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
All I want is a LED lit home theater projector :(

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

For what it's worth, I've got one of LGs old PA70g led projectors. Been running for 2 or 3 years as a TV replacement, and doesn't seem any dimmer or worse for wear. My only complaint is I can't figure out how to get it to work with a universal remote.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I'm not a projector savant but can you guys tell me why the LG PF1000u would not work great for that situation?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Any LED/Laser projectors worth it yet? Finally bought a house with a space for a projector.

Still chugging along with the LG PA70G led jobbie I got 7-8 years ago. Not the brightest with 700lumens but it’s worked well enough for me, but if there’s something brighter and higher res (stuck at 720p) and with zoom/lens shift that I can also use as a TV replacement, I’m all ears. Not a gamer so responsiveness isn’t a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Can I get a recommendation on a home theater projector?

4K preferable (pixel shift) but 1080p would be fine.

Light is moderately controlled, there’s still a bit of ambient light.

Projecting on a 120”-ish image 13-15’ away.

Bulb life/serviceability is desired. I’ve kept my last projector 7-8 years now.

No interest in any smart features, I’ve got that side of things all setup already.

Budget is flexible. $500-1750 is fine, the higher the price tag the longer I’ll stick pennies in my “fun” account is all.

I’m coming from a LG PA70G, 720p, 700lumens and it’s fairly watchable projecting on my off white wall even during the day, but more lumens would be really nice. Planning on putting up a grey screen, though I need to get a sample pack of screen materials to try out.