Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i cannot freakin believe they are tryin to unironically pull the WHO'S THIS SHEIK CHARACTER, CERTAINLY NOT ZELDA in a loving fanwank game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

sword_man.gif posted:

i cannot freakin believe they are tryin to unironically pull the WHO'S THIS SHEIK CHARACTER, CERTAINLY NOT ZELDA in a loving fanwank game

it should have been somebody else

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

it should have been somebody else

sheik's got the trifo of wisdom and they're still all MAN WHO'S THIS MYSTERIOUS NINJA. HOPE WE FIND ZELDA SOON!

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

is the bombchu girl in it?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

sword_man.gif posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the same as in Dynasty Warriors where the game makes sure to tell you not to pursue Lu Bu every fuckin time even though everyone older than the age of five already knows that you do not pursue Lu Bu

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

Pretty sure that's just Bill from down the street, man.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

There's no Donkey Kong???

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Where the gently caress is.. King K. Rool?... Where's Petey Pirah---.. wait a minute [thinks] King K. Rool. K. Rool [says it faster] K. Rool [starts chanting it in my head] Oh my god. K. Rool = Cruel. King K. Rool = King Cruel. He needs to be stopped!! [in The Mask voice] SSSSSSSSSSombody Stop him!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Those aren't Zelda characters, borsche... I think you're losing it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Impa (slender female version) is very sexy.

Soral
May 30, 2009

is linebeck in it. what about groose. what about majora's mask.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

is this game actually good?

probably just going to wait for bayonetta 2 because this looks pretty mindless.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Evil Eagle posted:

Looks like a Warriors game to me, so probably not.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Borsche69 posted:

There's no Donkey Kong???

Haha!

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Evil Eagle posted:

It's just a dynasty warriors clone dude. Of course its mindless

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Evil Eagle posted:

It's going to get discounted to maybe 10 bucks months down the line like every other DW game. But I don't think it will ever go for a buck because the Zelda title will keep it higher than the other DW games on the secondary market.

You can get pretty much all DW games for a dollar in most places because they're like sports games.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's going to get discounted to maybe 10 bucks months down the line like every other DW game. But I don't think it will ever go for a buck because the Zelda title will keep it higher than the other DW games on the secondary market.

You can get pretty much all DW games for a dollar in most places because they're like sports games.

It's a Nintendo Zelda game, do you honestly think they are going to sell it for $9.99?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

bonzibuddy64 posted:

It's a Nintendo Zelda game, do you honestly think they are going to sell it for $9.99?

It's a Taint Reaper post, do you honestly think it's worth expending the effort to think about?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Yes.

I've personally gotten many Nintendo first party titles for under 20 bucks numerious times before. I paid under 5 bucks for Gamecube twilight Princess when they were getting rid of their gamecube stock.

Hell Toys R Us had Pikmin 3 for under 20 bucks for ages.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

It's just a dynasty warriors clone dude. Of course its mindless

I've never played one. I'll watch some videos and decide.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Soral posted:

is linebeck in it. what about groose. what about majora's mask.
no, no, and not exactly but you do get to drop the moon on someone

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I'll bet this gets thrown is as a freebie for preorders on skyrim Zelda

Soral
May 30, 2009

CrashCat posted:

no, no, and not exactly but you do get to drop the moon on someone

who cares then

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Groose is almost certainly dlc

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
There is majoras mask dlc coming, i dont know if they said what's actually in those dlc packs though other than epona

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

well I got paid this week so I bought it. I'll let you know what I think op.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i played it for about 4hrs last night and its cool. i cant find any of the freaking heart containers tho! they must be hidden well...

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I got ganondorf and he kicks a lot of rear end.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tried it out at a friend's. i think the giant bomb review is pretty accurate. goes something like "it isnt just a cash-in, the devs clearly love zelda and put time and effort into all the references, recreations of locations etc. but sadly you need to play dynasty warriors to experience these things"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

tried it out at a friend's. i think the giant bomb review is pretty accurate. goes something like "it isnt just a cash-in, the devs clearly love zelda and put time and effort into all the references, recreations of locations etc. but sadly you need to play dynasty warriors to experience these things"
that isn't 'sadly' at all actually

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm having fun, but I wish I had zelda unlocked instead of sheik.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I got the dynasty warriors game on the 3ds and hated it

I'm not minding this one so much. Maybe it's because of the fact the wii u pad/pro controller is more comfortable than the 3ds

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
I never thought I'd see the day when TLoZ series straight up jumped the shark. Alas

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

I never thought I'd see the day when TLoZ series straight up jumped the shark. Alas

I agree, Twilight Princess was really bad. Skyward Sword's legit if you can handle the two year long tutorial, though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you want to discuss the zelda cycle the games forum awaits you

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
i shan't be buying it, op

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I just beat the story mode. So far my fav character is ganondorf hes a fuckin' beast. I got the club nintendo skins for him but i think i like his hyrule warriors default skin the most.

Fi seems like trash. i dont like the character or her play style. Link is real good.. Impas pretty good. Havent actually tried out zelda yet.

Darunias also fuckin awesome

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I just beat the story mode. So far my fav character is ganondorf hes a fuckin' beast. I got the club nintendo skins for him but i think i like his hyrule warriors default skin the most.

Fi seems like trash. i dont like the character or her play style. Link is real good.. Impas pretty good. Havent actually tried out zelda yet.

fi actually rules, always be charging her light gauge. also she can dance and sing

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I pretty much agree with this, Fi is just weird, she blows through the stupid goblin trash faster than anybody but anything bigger gives her a problem. I'm wondering what her alt weapon is and if it makes her any better.

magic rod link fuckin gangsta as hell.

e: it is cool that they made imprisoned one just as much of a loving pain to beat as he previously was, but it also loving boils my blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzi7UobHpAg

• Locked thread