Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

they don't sound silent to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
there is a 3ds Dw game ?!

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Miltank posted:

there is a 3ds Dw game ?!

yeah it was one of the launch games I think

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Gotta get a Wii U soon so I can play this. Impa actually looks pretty fuckin boss. Def favorite character design.

Were the Skyward Sword skins preorder only, or can you still get them DLC?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not very good at this game, but that's OK. I like Link's hot rod.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Mazed posted:

Gotta get a Wii U soon so I can play this. Impa actually looks pretty fuckin boss. Def favorite character design.

Were the Skyward Sword skins preorder only, or can you still get them DLC?

Right now they're preorder only and the OoT and TP skins are split up with different preorders too, but they're adding them in as DLC.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
There's also three more characters coming in a free DLC update within the next few days.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The game owns and co op owns too, the adventure mode w/ the original LoZ map is sick as hell too and the million references to other zelda games is neat too

there's a special weapon for link where u get to play as the great fairy + all her combo finishers is her bein a dick to link which is p funny

Wish the game had more references to the "good" zeldas tho by that i mean link to the past, the oracles games, links awakening and minish cap, 2d zeldas are the best zeldas hth

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wow, this game is actually pretty fun. Color me surprised.

So far I like Shiek the most but I just unlocked a weapon where Link spins a ball and chain around then lifts up one of the rocks that you can only lift with the golden gauntlets in OoT and spins it around. what in the hell.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Tiger Millionaire posted:

The game owns and co op owns too, the adventure mode w/ the original LoZ map is sick as hell too and the million references to other zelda games is neat too

there's a special weapon for link where u get to play as the great fairy + all her combo finishers is her bein a dick to link which is p funny

Wish the game had more references to the "good" zeldas tho by that i mean link to the past, the oracles games, links awakening and minish cap, 2d zeldas are the best zeldas hth

you don't have to put scare quotes around the word good, all the games with major references in hyrule warriors are bad

only thing stopping me from saying that without qualifying it with "'major' references" is the moon from majora's mask, the best 3d zelda, showing up

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Ocarina of time is not a bad game.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

Soral
May 30, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Ocarina of time is not a bad game.

true, but it's not one of "the good zeldas." this is my opinion....

Soral
May 30, 2009

if i travelled back in time and told myself that in 2014 i would not think that ocarina of time was one of the good zeldas, i wouldn't believe myself. it's hosed up, but true

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I posted this in another thread, but I honestly think that playing a single Ys game has made me never want to go back to Zelda again, as Ys is kind of doing everything Zelda should have done since the beginning.

Though I will admit, it'd be nice if Ys had some clever puzzles and extremely polished game design like Zelda has.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmao this game owns.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

DoubleDonut posted:

I agree, Twilight Princess was really bad. Skyward Sword's legit if you can handle the two year long tutorial, though

smh

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao this game owns.

Well that's unsettling. Is that the creepy stalker den of the crazy boob lady who's obsessed with Link?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Mazed posted:

Well that's unsettling. Is that the creepy stalker den of the crazy boob lady who's obsessed with Link?

Yeah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

lmao this game owns.

WTF I might have to buy a WiiU...

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Yeah this game looks really cool actually i might "pick it up" but i still need to buy mk8 and smash too when it comes out....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
if you don't see the genius of a legend of zelda anime mass murder simulator then idk what to tell you

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

go back to your calls of duty and assassins creeds I guess

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kinsky posted:

if you don't see the genius of a legend of zelda anime mass murder simulator then idk what to tell you

Who are you even talking to.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Wormskull posted:

anybody doubting the genius of a legend of zelda anime mass murder simulator

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I want to unlock the great fairy weapon for link, but to access it i need to A-rank a stage thats restricted to zelda, and its really pissing me off. If i get hit even once then i no longer have an A rank and i have to restart. Its also a very long mission.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want to have sex with Lana.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I want to have sex with Lana.
i want my cuccoo to go through her summoner's gate

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

D-d-dark Link!? Gulp!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've unlocked Darunia, and he is powerful. My favorite character thus far.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if you don't like fi or midna you can't be my friend

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
dude fi looks like a flying buttplug and insists upon calling the player 'master', there is nothing not creepy about her

midna's ok tho

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
I can't hate anyone that fights using interpretive dance

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

in the part of twilight princess where midna is riding on wolf link's back the sound she makes whenever u dash was a deep font of horny adolescent gamer guilt for this goon

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I want to unlock the great fairy weapon for link, but to access it i need to A-rank a stage thats restricted to zelda, and its really pissing me off. If i get hit even once then i no longer have an A rank and i have to restart. Its also a very long mission.

I just now beat this mission, and you can get hit a couple of times, just not much. It is still hard though. The key is to immediately kill Volga, then Wizzro, since those guys are the most likely to cause damage and if the fights don't go well you can just restart from there.

It's a pretty weird weapon once you get it though. It makes you fuckin huge and the hitboxes are really strange.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I like dynasty warriors but one thing I don't like is how the rhythm of the games evolved to rely on musou attacks. Basically the games are about learning the shapes of your musou death field and timing your movements to position that field. Even Drakengard was the same way with it's combos- it was all about timing your attacks to make sure your spell triggered.

For as much as the games are genocide simulators enemies are fairly resilient and there's not REALLY that many of them. I'd much prefer enemies to have their HP like, cut to 1/3 nhen triple the enemies, then have them hit way harder. It'd be way more satisfying to cut through demon chaos numbers of enemies but it'd be functionally identical in as far as your damage output.

Then cut down combat to simpler, more useful attacks than giant combo blobs.

I mean dw is good but it could be real good. Devil Kings was a good game too

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

ambient robot posted:

I can't hate anyone that fights using interpretive dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i played the game more, and have more thoughts: i like using Fi and Darunia.

• Locked thread