Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Trochanter posted:

Oh look, an all-terrain port-a-potty!

Is that a sliding door on the giant thing you hide behind, with a convenient handle on the outside part where the scary people are?

Don't bother knocking, just come on in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Yivgev posted:

apparently hes leading them to a gigantic abandoned hotel and setting up IEDs, lol

http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-manhunt-finds-fully-functional-pipe-bombs/story?id=25865819 (warning: autoplay video)

eric frein and the treasure of the sierra madre

quote:

"These devices are consistent with Frein's non-confrontational and gutless efforts to kill and injure law enforcement from a distance," Bivens said.

Bivens needs to make up his mind he sounds confused

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

can't wait for the rook to bust into the hotel through a wall and end up buried under a pile of rubble

In chess the biggest problem with rooks is getting them out from behind the pawns, this dude's going to have to plug a couple more cops before the rook will make it up from the back lines

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El_Elegante posted:

Mess with the diape, you get the snipe

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ok, trigger discipline, sure, but why is he holding it with just one hand at all? Does he need to be ready to shoot his own leg at a split-second's notice?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh my b, my mom won't pay for xbox live anymore after she heard me say a swear :(

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr_Amazing posted:

So who thinks he made it out of the woods like a week ago?

They're going to kill the first hunter they come across, smear him with poop (maybe The Rook has an attachment for this?) and parade the corpse on tv to justify their big army larp

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

stay safe diaper sniper

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Shoehead posted:

I've seen Cops, that poo poo works out in the woods.

if they catch him they have to stop playing army man dressup and go back to their real jobs so, you know

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

You haven't lived till you've run over one while on a motorcycle.

I'll admit I don't drive a motorcycle but to me that doesn't sound like the sort of thing you live through

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This is ridiculous. Maybe he's, like, trying to draw in cops from further and further away and then he can like waltz into fort knox and take all the gold like in Die Hard 3

quote:

Look around man, all the cops are into something! It's Christmas, you could steal city hall!
____________________________/

quote:

_________________________________/

*plays armyman dressup in woods, slips on poop*

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i saw an article called "local politicians consider whether frein manhunt is worth the expense" and i clicked it and it talked about how they were spending like a million a day

as it turns out p much every local politician still wants to continue the hunt lol

too close to election day to go making waves

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
some mafia guy moved to Idaho and started ranching and becoming really involved in the community and they didn't find him for over a decade so who knows?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/11/us/11mobster.html?_r=0

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

Pff America is behind the times, as awlways. Look at what China has. We cannot let a tactical mobility gap come to pass.

I love this. They all look like they need to poo poo real bad

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

you irl posted:

october 19: mud-masked frein spotted in undergrowth; town evacuation urged

october 31: frein appears with head of pumpkin; rides through streets on black horse

november 5th: frein elected to congress in write-in shocker; overweight cops seen gathering at national monument

december 25th: frein revealed as son of god, son of man; angels sing on high

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ShaqDiesel posted:

Like John Rambo
I'm a survivalist
grab my .308, head for Canadensis but soon
I got to move towards Wayne
cops
come and try to rein this Frein
these pigs wanna get this Serb booked
search every nook, bust out the Rook
they got mad when they made a flanking sweep
and all they found was a sunken Jeep
yes I'm the diaper sniper
of these woods if I get
wit the Eastern Wolves R.C.
hide from the glowstick gleam
now do you believe in the unseen?
look, but don't make ya eyes strain
a nigga like Frein is goin insane

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

people get murdered every single day and manhunts like this don't kick up over it. gently caress, you could probably murder a politician and after the first month the cops would go back to their desks and just hope the culprit gets picked up at an airport or a traffic stop or something.

This is just a shot in the dark but, assuming they don't find him, I'm guessing that this mess will start winding down round about the second week in November

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Izumi Konata posted:

imagining probably sooner, considering the inclement weather. just wait for the rabbit to be pulled from the hat - bet its before halloween

I would be shocked if the cops quit the search before being ordered to and there is no way anybody with that authority is ordering them to quit before November 5th

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

yea i think a huge number of people get put in that interview room and think they can explain away the whole situation but any words other than "i want a lawyer", even if youre 100% innocent, just doom you even more. and if theyre not actually arresting you, tell em to gently caress off. if they put handcuffs on you, poo poo is serious and you're not getting out of this one on your own.

As the result of a bait-and-switch I had a summer job a while back that involved checking some fucker's citation page numbers in a giant law library, and a textbook on police interrogation was shelved right next to a book I needed so I grabbed it and read it. It was divided into two parts. The first was a very brief overview (1/4 of the pages tops, probably less) of good cop/bad cop but it also said that because of movies this never works except MAYBE on adolescents who don't know the score and are really just afraid of getting in trouble with their parents.

The second section was the real poo poo which boiled down to that cops should of course inform suspects of their rights (don't want anyone to get off on a technicality) but after that just keep people talking with leading questions and act understanding like they were just doing what anyone would do in that situation. Apparently people will almost always eventually just say "why yes I did commit that murder I'm in here to answer questions about" at which point you end it because you have what you need to send them to prison.

The entire time the author made sure to repeatedly emphasize that as soon as an interrogatee asks for a lawyer the interrogation is done, as in there are no more questions or words or anything and it is time to pack it up and leave until they get their lawyer. I doubt things are that cut and dry in practice since reality is not a textbook in any field let alone law enforcement but it certainly left an impression on me that if I ever wind up in a police interrogation room the best strategy is to repeatedly ask for a lawyer and basically say nothing else at all.

wow that was long

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Speech is silver; Silence is golden

I prefer "silence is a true friend who never betrays." I have that tattooed on the insides of my eyelids in case I ever decide to become not-boring enough to commit a big crime.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Out of sheer curiosity, what's a "Big-crime"?

I dunno. Anything that lands me in a room downtown where people can peer at me through a one-way mirror. Regicide? Let's say I do a regicide, that would spice things up in my life for sure.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
just because the season has been cancelled doesn't mean that nobody is hunting and some hunter out in violation of the ban is probably all that the tipster lady saw

"yes officer he was wearing realtree camos and a high visibility vest AND A RIFLE OVER HIS SHOULDER COME QUICK!"

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El_Elegante posted:

If you spent more than zero moments theorycrafting how to catch the diaper sniper you should kill yourself.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ShaqDiesel posted:

Now everybody
Have you heard
In the search for Frein
Yeah the scrote's the word
Don't take no hiking
No ability
Save our thirst for killin'
For James Tully and..

Scrote me, scrote me
Could hide through winter boy you move mighty well
Scrote me, scrote me
(Scrote)
Scrote me, scrote me
We got your number now
Scrote me, scrote me
Thought we found your diaper but know
You're just a sniper now

:eyepop:

(this is the song it's for)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

:shrug: who cares?

your old av was better you horrible fucker

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Izumi Konata posted:

NICE FUCKIN’ MODEL!

*HONKS BALLS*

this post reads like stereo instructions :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DreadLlama posted:

I've decided to pretend to live in Pennselvenia and write letters to the governor on Frein's behalf. Does this sound appropriately hillybilly:

this is a lot of effort to go through just to get your letter thrown into the garbage by an intern

• Locked thread