Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Widestancer posted:

I might have to give this a shot if any imps play. My gear is set up largely to be able to tank through the fire on old school release month Inferno, I take it you don't need that level of survivability anymore?

That would be nice. It sucked having to use string of ears for the dr on a barbarian and to have to use force armor and life regeneration to cheese through things.
The current dev team's philosophy seem to be that loot should drop frequently. When I started RoS upgrades dropped all the time. Survivability is important on the highest torment-levels, but not to the detriment of all other abilities, and dying on softcore is a very small penalty, repair costs are neglible. Loot is also generated so that you almost only see items that are appropriate for your class (i.e: almost all loot roll with +mainstat), so you will see upgrades pretty much immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
There's now a non-zero chance of finding useful legendary items, unlike in a certain other game.

Then you have decent equipment and can start bashing your head against the fact that certain items are still ultra rare.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Widestancer posted:

I might have to give this a shot if any imps play. My gear is set up largely to be able to tank through the fire on old school release month Inferno, I take it you don't need that level of survivability anymore?

That would be nice. It sucked having to use string of ears for the dr on a barbarian and to have to use force armor and life regeneration to cheese through things.

Some of the later enemies on higher difficulties hit so hard that your armor doesn't loving make a difference anyway so a lot of people are just doing as much damage as possible. If it's dead, it can't hit you.

Generally life-per-second is trash.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

OkieMurse posted:

Some of the later enemies on higher difficulties hit so hard that your armor doesn't loving make a difference anyway so a lot of people are just doing as much damage as possible. If it's dead, it can't hit you.

just about all the stats are good now but life regen is definitely on the low end at higher tiers of play, it could really use a buff like life on hit got.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I agree.

I like how the game now seems to be built around making demons die a lot rather than cheesing some armor gimmick.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I like seeing +Life per second, it makes it easy to know what stat to reroll

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
can you choose what stats to reroll later in the game then? pick a specific stat?

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

You can pick one stat on any particular item and pay to reroll it as many times as you want, although the cost to do so goes up with each successive reroll. There are limited things it can reroll as and the game makes the possiblities very clear. So your sword with life on hit could be instead +strength, or +dmg or +fire or something more useful, but can't really roll +armor.

Once you decide to roll one stat spot, you can't gently caress with any of the other ones.

There's also an item to add sockets to weapons since a wooden sword with a slot is better than a thunderfury without one.

Edit: Also you may not care about dressing up like pretty princess but you can pay a small amount of gold to change all your mismatched gear to look like any other thing in the game you've previously had in your inventory. It's pretty cool.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

You can pick one stat on any particular item and pay to reroll it as many times as you want, although the cost to do so goes up with each successive reroll. There are limited things it can reroll as and the game makes the possiblities very clear. So your sword with life on hit could be instead +strength, or +dmg or +fire or something more useful, but can't really roll +armor.

Once you decide to roll one stat spot, you can't gently caress with any of the other ones.

There's also an item to add sockets to weapons since a wooden sword with a slot is better than a thunderfury without one.

Edit: Also you may not care about dressing up like pretty princess but you can pay a small amount of gold to change all your mismatched gear to look like any other thing in the game you've previously had in your inventory. It's pretty cool.

holy poo poo i better hurry the gently caress up and complete the game!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

OkieMurse posted:

Thats good to hear. The force armor/life regeneration thing was loving ridiculous.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Diablo 3 still isn't anything close to worth the amount of money you will have to pay to make it "good" sorry.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Life Per Second sucks, but life per hit is godly and you must dump all your paragon points into it ASAP. Life per hit allows you to steam roll enemies when you have reduced/near instant cooldowns and you will never loose HP. Each time a guy is hit by any type of attack be it a proc or whatever you will regain HP and it's amazing for torment 6.

The only time it might not be great is one on one fights, but if you have near instant cooldowns you can slam into a single guy quickly to get back your HP.

Monks can stand ontop of all of mathael's poo poo with LPH and just not die.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 29, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
is doom 3d a rogue like

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

is doom 3d a rogue like

no its a platformer

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Diablo 3 would be a good game if it wasn't always online btw, you know so real smart people can fix the dumb retarded gently caress idiot poo poo blizzard does.

Yet you defend POE? :vince:

I also prefer to not have to utilize a spreadsheet when playing my monster slaying game. And POE has the same gimmick/BiS builds that most people use (they did 18 months ago at least) it just takes longer to get to the gimmick build.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

guys did you hear a game has builds that are popular? sorry but i prefer my game where there are no real builds because nothing i chose matters in the loving least bit

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I like games that give you a wide range of abilities that make you a fun powerhouse instead of a spreadsheet single build bitch.

None of those fraction of a % crap. Seriously give me at least the whole percent, because I want to stack 100's of 100%s.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Is Gauntlet good

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i like games where u can hit monsters in melee and actually hit them without u or the monsters warping around

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

how many of you diablo 3 liking idiots actually played or enjoyed diablo 2 at all?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Holy gently caress where did all the Diablo 3 apologists come from. This thread is for listing games better than Diablo 3, not for justifying why you're still playing a game that's been bad since launch.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

how many of you diablo 3 liking idiots actually played or enjoyed diablo 2 at all?

I have all the diablos and their expansion packs.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Just wanna say Revenant owns bones and deserves like, ten sequels.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have all the diablos and their expansion packs.

but you own every game blizzard has ever made don't you?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

never played diablo1 or 2 (about five mins of 2 and didn't like it too much)
love diablo3 :D

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

but you own every game blizzard has ever made don't you?

No, I'm missing two WoW expansion packs

and I don't have Blackthorne or rock and roll racing

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Do you own rock and roll racing

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Third World Reggin posted:

Do you own rock and roll racing

No I just said I didn't.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

NecroMonster posted:

guys did you hear a game has builds that are popular? sorry but i prefer my game where there are no real builds because nothing i chose matters in the loving least bit

Im starting to like poe less just because you like it

You posts are very bad

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

No I just said I didn't.

its free yo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

has anyone said russian roulette yet

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Word on the street is Borderlands Pre-Sequel has legendary item drops like rain.

The team decided that console diablo 3 gave people legendaries and poo poo without hours of grinding so they decided to one up the loot drop % for diablo.

That and a large % of the userbase for BL2 used cheat engine anyways.

koolkal posted:

its free yo

What do you mean? I don't really dick around with console emulators. It doesn't look like it's on GOG either.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but do those legendaries actually do really cool poo poo yet?

anyway the fact that the games scaling has been flattened so health scaling no longer outstrips damage scaling just points to them correcting bl2s flaws rather than taking any inspiration from the lovely pile of awful crap that is any blizzard game

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Word on the street is Borderlands Pre-Sequel has legendary item drops like rain.

The team decided that console diablo 3 gave people legendaries and poo poo without hours of grinding so they decided to one up the loot drop % for diablo.

where the hell did you hear that

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

What do you mean? I don't really dick around with console emulators. It doesn't look like it's on GOG either.

if u go to ur bnet account on the web and go to download clients u can download blackthorne rnr racing and lost vikings 4 free

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

gently caress yeaaaahhhhh! loved borderlands2 except for the odd drop rate, and traded a tf2 hat for a poo poo ton of games yesterday, including the presequel :>

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Played it for a year and a half before I got into mmo's. But I always played online because single player was awful and to tempting to hack your character. I also played PoE for 6 months but got tired of waiting 40 hours of game play before I felt like I could do anything.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Diablo 3 is anime.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Diablo 2 was cool when I gave my sorceress a stormshield and a sword, and it was cool and fun.

I wish diablo 3 would let me do that.

Now I need a stick and a floating ball.

Also necromancers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

NecroMonster posted:

Diablo 2 was fun, but it also had a lot of dumb things like attribute arrays loving you over, no way to transfer items between characters, a piss-poor bank size, literally no use for money after a while, no respeccing until a patch like literally two years ago (and even then it's only something you can get to if you're already doing way planned in advance builds anyway), and the drop rate on anything interesting was terrible.

It was a good game, but also mired down by a lot of weird Old Game inconveniences, but I'd definitely still recommend it to people.

• Locked thread