Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Man, it's been awhile since I've dropped into AI. Glad to see all is normal in the world. That thing is awesome, and I'm glad you're getting another one.

I'm just across the bridge if you wanna grab a beer and catch up sometime. I bought a cool new toy as well but it only has half the wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Even the old GT is rare as hens teeth. I've seen more Murcielagos and Aventadors than I've seen GTs on the highway.

No one drives those things. I was hoping it'd be priced around 150 though also, but mostly just to poo poo on the Italians.

Come to Detroit during the Woodward Dream Cruise. Ford GTs (and other awesome poo poo) everywhere.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

Well that's a bummer.

:(

Is it? I mean, yeah, it sucks if you wanted one and were planning on dropping $150k on a car anyways but think about all the awesome American muscle cars that have been announced/released recently. Hellcat. Scatpack. Z/28. Z06. GT350R. SRT TA. I know I'm forgetting at least one.

Why shouldn't Ford make their Domestitalian Supercar? The only people that want a pony car with a Le Mans body kit are people like my uncle who thinks GM is "totally bringing back the Fiero for 2016. Just watch!"

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KillHour posted:

Is it? I mean, yeah, it sucks if you wanted one and were planning on dropping $150k on a car anyways but think about all the awesome American muscle cars that have been announced/released recently. Hellcat. Scatpack. Z/28. Z06. GT350R. SRT TA. I know I'm forgetting at least one.

Why shouldn't Ford make their Domestitalian Supercar? The only people that want a pony car with a Le Mans body kit are people like my uncle who thinks GM is "totally bringing back the Fiero for 2016. Just watch!"

It's just a completely different price bracket. I'm hoping to pick something up within the next 5 years, and the "old" GT was in a comfortable price range that put it in competition with the GT3. 400k is just uh, not going to be doable. Either way, it's an absolutely amazing car and awesome that Ford's building it.

:sigh:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Did Ford confirm that price? Otherwise proof is in the horse's mouth.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Boy seeing this thread have new posts only to see people sperging about the Ford GT that is being talked about in like 3 other threads really is a cocktease. DV do you know how long the replacement car is going to take? I am guessing that it will have to be ordered and will take a few months to take delivery, yeah? At least you know you'll be getting a car with "0" on the Odo instead of some obscure number of miles. You did the same with your last M3, didn't you where you had borderline autism about breaking it in, but were able to yield higher numbers on a dyno, or am I thinking of a different poster?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Residency Evil posted:

Well that's a bummer.

:(
DV just needs to work harder, clearly!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

InitialDave posted:

DV just needs to work harder, clearly!

Work smarter, not harder*

*After I pulled 40 hours straight Thanksgiving 2012, I told the director that if he ever again said those words to me I would come across the desk and shove my boot down his throat.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Beach Bum posted:

Work smarter
My experience of life so far is such that the concept of people being able to do this is just not even on the table for me anymore.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Z3n posted:

Man, it's been awhile since I've dropped into AI. Glad to see all is normal in the world. That thing is awesome, and I'm glad you're getting another one.

I'm just across the bridge if you wanna grab a beer and catch up sometime. I bought a cool new toy as well but it only has half the wheels.

Oh man, you're up here now? I've got a couple of friends who ride, PM me your contact info, we should definitely catch up.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Boy seeing this thread have new posts only to see people sperging about the Ford GT that is being talked about in like 3 other threads really is a cocktease. DV do you know how long the replacement car is going to take? I am guessing that it will have to be ordered and will take a few months to take delivery, yeah? At least you know you'll be getting a car with "0" on the Odo instead of some obscure number of miles. You did the same with your last M3, didn't you where you had borderline autism about breaking it in, but were able to yield higher numbers on a dyno, or am I thinking of a different poster?

Yeah that was me, and I did break the motor in correctly. The problem seems to be a machining issue in the earlier motors' bearings, which is why I'm OK with them ordering a custom job. I get to keep the current Viper and drive it in the meantime as well, so no hokey rental car. They say it'll take 6-8 weeks from order to delivery.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

iwentdoodie posted:

Even the old GT is rare as hens teeth. I've seen more Murcielagos and Aventadors than I've seen GTs on the highway.

No one drives those things. I was hoping it'd be priced around 150 though also, but mostly just to poo poo on the Italians.

I've seen more drat Miuras on the highway than GTs.

(1 vs 0)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I did tires on one, guy tossed me the keys and said have fun :toot:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I did tires on one, guy tossed me the keys and said have fun :toot:

Speaking of which, I've called 4 "SRT" dealers in the bay and can't find a shop who can fit the car's rear wheel on their machine.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Das Volk posted:

Speaking of which, I've called 4 "SRT" dealers in the bay and can't find a shop who can fit the car's rear wheel on their machine.

#viperproblems :laugh:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Das Volk posted:

You can fit 20" wheels right?

http://www.oshkoshequipment.com/products/detail/22/878/MRAP-Wheel--Rim

5x5.5 adapters to this should fit inside the other bolt pattern nicely and you'll never have to have tires mounted again, just unbolt one half and slide the tire on. Hell, do it without taking the wheel off the car for high speed intra-burnout tire changes.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Ferrari of Silicon Valley was able to help me out :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Das Volk posted:

Ferrari of Silicon Valley was able to help me out :v:

The very definition of first world problems haha. Glad you found somebody qualified, those beasts are no joke.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
My brother has a customer with a GT that he has been wrenching on. Last thing I remember him doing was a pulley change on the supercharger. It's putting out around 800whp as I understand it - it's been a bit tweaked.

I got to drive it 50 yards or so.

It was awesome.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
T/A 2.0 ordered :unsmigghh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

It begins.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The great blue-balling of this generation :awesome:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
The perfect soundtrack.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
:unsmigghh:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

PaintVagrant posted:

The perfect soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

You know if you blow this one up you might be able to get something even better. :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Godfuckingdamn. Mopar gets a lot of well deserved hate (especially over the 200 and 300), but it seems like they're going out of their way to make this right for you, at a decent expense to themselves.

Guess they never saw the Vette thread. :v:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Or maybe they did see the Vette thread....

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Previa_fun posted:

You know if you blow this one up you might be able to get something even better. :v:

This is gonna be like one of those things where a kid ends up trading a paperclip for a house, where he keeps trading in after the Viper and ends up with a LeMans Prototype.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

T/A 2.0

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

but what COLOR?!?!

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

angryhampster posted:

but what COLOR?!?!

Competition Blue duh.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

More like Stryker Purple (matte grey stripes optional).

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

McTinkerson posted:

More like Stryker Purple (matte grey stripes optional).

Not a T/A or a T/A 2.0 option unfortunately. Black, White or Blue on the TA2, Black White or Orange on the TA

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You could choose the colour with likely best resale and wrap it if you can't get the one you want?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

D C posted:

Not a T/A or a T/A 2.0 option unfortunately. Black, White or Blue on the TA2, Black White or Orange on the TA

I'm waiting to find out if they can run it through the "1 of 1" configuration early. If that's the case it'll be the only Stryker Purple T/A 2.0 in existence.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I normally hate purple cars, but Striker Purple is fukken rad. It's somehow more black than black. I think it would be especially awesome at night.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Watch as Das Volk single handedly takes down Chrysler with his spooky domestic car curse and warranty claims

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

8ender posted:

Watch as Das Volk single handedly takes down Chrysler with his spooky domestic car curse and warranty claims

Steve Estonia arrived for another fantastic Monday morning at the proud FCA US office in Auburn Hills. Today he was going to handle so much customer goodwill it made the nerves at the base of his spine tingle with anticipation.

Walking through the front forecourt, Steve waved to Rebecca-Sue, the admin assistant with whom he saw a mutual attraction though surely Steve would never act on such an impulse, being a happily married man with two beautiful cherubic infants.

Pouring a fresh cup of coffee, Steve jokingly shared his weekend's escapades and child-rearing stories with his fellow office workers, and stepped into his cubicle to answer the first of his emails.

He stopped.

In a folder marked "The Dasvolk Incident" there were 1,835 unread messages since he stepped off work Friday afternoon. Steve read further, his trained eyes looking for a reason to deny customer goodwill. Over the weekend this man had killed nine hundred new Chryslers, Fiats, Dodges and Alfa Romeos. Pressing the right arrow key, Steve cycled through hundreds of pictures of scarred pistons and burned-out unibodies. Each picture was more horrific than the last. Finally he came to a stop in a picture where the tachometer had somehow been ejected through the exhaust header of a 4c, shattering the delicately balanced compressor wheel into a million pieces. He could take it no more.

Steve Estonia reached for the phone, grimly dialled the number of a man in Turin who would fix anything. Maybe he could fix Dasvolk.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Steve Estonia arrived for another fantastic Monday morning at the proud FCA US office in Auburn Hills. Today he was going to handle so much customer goodwill it made the nerves at the base of his spine tingle with anticipation.

Walking through the front forecourt, Steve waved to Rebecca-Sue, the admin assistant with whom he saw a mutual attraction though surely Steve would never act on such an impulse, being a happily married man with two beautiful cherubic infants.

Pouring a fresh cup of coffee, Steve jokingly shared his weekend's escapades and child-rearing stories with his fellow office workers, and stepped into his cubicle to answer the first of his emails.

He stopped.

In a folder marked "The Dasvolk Incident" there were 1,835 unread messages since he stepped off work Friday afternoon. Steve read further, his trained eyes looking for a reason to deny customer goodwill. Over the weekend this man had killed nine hundred new Chryslers, Fiats, Dodges and Alfa Romeos. Pressing the right arrow key, Steve cycled through hundreds of pictures of scarred pistons and burned-out unibodies. Each picture was more horrific than the last. Finally he came to a stop in a picture where the tachometer had somehow been ejected through the exhaust header of a 4c, shattering the delicately balanced compressor wheel into a million pieces. He could take it no more.

Steve Estonia reached for the phone, grimly dialled the number of a man in Turin who would fix anything. Maybe he could fix Dasvolk.

I imagine Steve as Smiling Bob from the Enzyte commercials :allears:

• Locked thread