Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

How many Rabblemaster decks did everyone see at FNM? I didn't play at mine, but I saw at least 20% Rabble decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

qbert posted:

Why would anyone play Anger of the Gods against a control deck?

Anger is very well positioned as a maindeck card right now. They'll side it out later, but there's no sense in getting the collateral damage in all of your game ones.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

qbert posted:

What collateral damage are you referring to?

The point of a maindeck is to have zero potentially dead cards in your hand. Anger doesn't meet that criteria. When people start playing traditionally sideboard cards in their maindeck purely as a guess against the potential meta, it usually doesn't work out well for them.

I was just referring to the choice of a win condition in any certain deck against Anger of the Gods. In the case that TheKingOfSprings was talking about, Sarkhan is better against Anger than Ashcloud Phoenix. From the chunks of information I've seen, a mainboard sweeper would be awesome. I don't think there are any creatureless control decks to worry about right now.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I noticed on the Suspended list that Ricky Sidher has a 6 month time out. Does anyone have the story on that?

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Cactrot posted:

Looking up cards to break with this, I found an oldie but baddie with some confusing rear end oracle text.
Pyramids
Not that anyone would ever play this card, but why doesn't it just say "Target land gains indestructible until end of turn" for one of the modes?

It's only supposed to prevent destruction once, not until end of turn. Casting Sinkhole on the land twice will still destroy it this way.

• Locked thread