Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Delv-er?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Print another Locus and let's get this bitch up to 20 post. Edit: Legitimately confused about the number of posts available.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea, Sundering Titan is in my G/R Tron deck (usually the loner deck for our tourneys).
Takes me back to the Tooth and Nail days.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rabblemaster is seeing some fringe eternal play. It's good with sol lands.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cernunnos posted:

Ancient Tomb > Lotus Petal > Rabblemaster, Enter Combat > Rabblemaster trigger, Swing 1, Pass?

Brad Nelson and crew were running in the sideboard of the sneak/prison/stompy deck because the clock goes 1, 6, 8, dead. It's also popping up online in the stompy deck. for the same reason.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

bhsman posted:

"Oh wow that guy murdered his entire playtesting group for their fetchlands? Just like Travis Woo!"

Woo Brews: Mt. Dew Kickstart and cyanide.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

bhsman posted:

Does anyone have that cool proxy-making website that assigns a number to a card name (with cost) depending on the deck you are using? Thanks in advance.

https://metadeck.me

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Nathan Holliday is playing modern Jeskai Ascendency on stream right now if people want to see how crazy the deck is.

http://www.twitch.tv/channelfireball

I played a version of this on Monday and oh boy it is bonkers. You can play a lot of redundant cards and the looting ability on Ascendancy lets you pitch them when you're done with mana guys/lands.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I have a free Modern tournament in town tomorrow and the winner gets a box. What should I take? My choices are-
Goblins
Esper Mill
MonoU Tron
I'm leaning towards Mill since I 3-0'd the last weekly Modern night I piloted it in, but Tron is probably the "best" deck of the three though I don't have much practice with it. And Goblins is so much fun and can take people by surprise. I'm not super familiar with the meta though I've seen Junk, Jund, UG Infect, and GW Auras in recent months.

Esper mill. More fetch lands in more places.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I really like the concept of the Invasion story but the execution was so bad. And there's no way we'll get a redo.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh right. GP ORLANDO (keeps hijacking my Youtube timestamp link) is over. Time to start scouring eBay for a playmat.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

And I may have a spare, if I do I'll be posting it tomorrow.

:tipshat:

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 6, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

rinski posted:

You know, I was out. I was clean and happy for like 6 months. I made Legend in Hearthstone, was working on a hobby game, I'd moved across the country and was meeting new people. I even ditched my old PC for a Macbook, just to keep temptation away. Times were good. But then I hear I should maybe try drafting KtK once. That it might be "my thing". From what I can tell, that was a week ago, but it's hard to say. All I know is I woke up this morning, face on my keyboard, to a virtual machine running the devil itself. There was a New Product dialog open with 8 Smoke Tellers, 4 Awaken the Bear, 8 packs, and a QP. I'm scared.

Edit: I'm in another draft now and I hate what I'm becoming.

Sorry for your loss.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I missed the 11/11 play can someone sum up the situation?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh, Maro came on? Perfect time for the stream to crap out on me. Dodged a bullet.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FNM is now just Texas Hold' Em.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FNM. Five stock. No items. Final Destination. No Fox.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm not that far from there and I'm bummed I skipped states and missed that.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I just picked up some cards at a garage sale. Cut a pretty good deal with the guy so we both are gonna do pretty good.

However, there is a box of water and road salt damaged cards that is pretty amazing. Most is garbage but if I see something really cool and damaged I have to keep it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I won't hear anything bad about Esper Mill in Modern, the last two times I've competed at my store with it I've walked away with over 20 packs of winnings :colbert: Also I accidentally brought it to a Legacy night and beat Manaless Dredge 2-0 with it, a feat that I am immensely proud of.

I have a solid record with it. So solid people started playing an emrakul in their boards.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Where's the lsv list?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Thank you. Going to try it for FNM. Jet Ski Ascendancy in All (two) Formats this week!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

kzin602 posted:

A good friend of mine recently passed his Level one judge test and was curious about how people get those judge polos. He quickly learned that there's no room for fun in the world of Magic judging.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mtgjudge/comments/2j6mz5/i_just_passed_my_level_1_today_this_is_the_most/

I don't know why anyone would want to judge a large event. I passed a L1 just so I can handle some local stuff, but losing money to work a 10+ hour day at a SCG Open or the like sounds like my idea of hell.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm coming from by flint. But I think I'm gonna drive.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

Speaking about GP New Jersey, how easy should it be to just show up, buy a Brainstorm mat, and leave?

Super easy if you register and drop!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Toshimo posted:

RIP Wizards Event Reporter. At least it isn't Game Day Weekend.

We thought it was something on our end. Thanks for the info.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

Don't ever watch Cedric Phillips then. Kesha, Pit Bull, N Sync...

Sounds like a sick stream.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Dredge you can just paint as the most bizarre necromancer ever.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

I used a site like Pucatrade before for video games. They seeded you points as a new member and I might have gotten extra from some event. I just took the points and got a couple $15-20 games and left. Don't know how these things keep themselves running when anyone can just do that.

I lost a bunch of points to a site like that and had forgotten. Thanks!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

DarkRider09 posted:

The one I can't quite be sure of the ruling is clever impersonator. If I whip it back, does it become a new object on the battlefield and not get haste, but also not exile at the end of the turn? I think it comes down to what order do the triggers apply, or do I get to order them?

Whip doesn't care if its not a creature anymore, it still exiles it at EOT. It should still get haste as well.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The stack is a WAY simpler interpretation of the rules than the old broken way. It's considerably simpler. Someone post the chart.

Other changes are a bit more debatable but the stack and cleaning up card types is the best thing that has happened to the game.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Consider how bad the white and green ones are. They really didn't.

The green one had a home in old school stompy decks (Rogue Elephant, etc).
Aaand we're beaten.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I played that pile for a little bit and loved it. Been meaning to revisit it and throw return to ranks in it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Don't get me started on scorpions and similar animals.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

BJPaskoff posted:

Who's ready for GP Modern Masters 2 TBD? gptbd.com

I wish they'd announce a city but seeing its CFB, it's probably West Coast, so I won't be able to make it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Vegas I could probably swing. Fingers crossed.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It looks like there were reports of a ton of Brainstorm as Ancestral Recall.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

He can take down the germ in combat, but he's probably afraid of swords now that I think.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Now announce some reprints!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

whydirt posted:

Dualcaster should have been a 2/1 for 1R. :colbert:

Would have had a better chance at seeing Legacy play with those stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

She could certain use a splashier ultimate.

• Locked thread