Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The last time Standard was good was when there was a deck named Spread 'Em. :colbert:

Playing Caw-Go was the only way I could feel alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Craig Wescoe looks like a serial killer

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cifka's enthusiasm is adorable.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm caught up in the narrative and I really want both members of House Amulet to top 8.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Linx posted:

I'm pretty new to Magic, and I've been looking at the upcoming Elspeth V Kiora duel deck for casual play with my SO etc. Basically I'm wondering if the sets titular cards will come as foils or are they just the standard cards?

They should be foils unless they've changed, I'm sitting on a grip of foil Elspeths from the last duel deck she was in.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Glad to see WotC has adopted the video game naming scheme for sets.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AceClown posted:

The more I look at it the more it's clubbing you in the face with the "going down a dark path" visual metaphor

never change wizards

I wish they would've done better than literally walking down into shadows but it's not like anything else about Liliana is subtle

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That game was exhausting.

Hope the amulet deck doesn't just get blown out by Twin w/ Blood Moon in the finals

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

bhsman posted:

That's what I'm saying, though: it sounds like this is just the first set of the new 2-part sets, rather than replacing M16. We could conceivably have a Liliana of the Veil reprint in M16 and a new one in Origins if that is the case.

True, and going by that month then it could definitely be the case. That said, we could also see a reprint in Modern Masters.

They explicitly said during the announcement that it's the Core set for the year.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Serperoth posted:

It's not more than usual, is it? Dragons is just large instead of small, but it's still one set + core set, before the big one later on.

It's not more than usual, but it's about a month early for the spring set, which usually comes out at the end of April.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Angry Grimace posted:

What's the most expensive card you own?

The most expensive card I own is Bitterblossom. The most expensive card I've ever owned was Underground Sea although at the time it was $5.

I have a foil Jace, the Mindsculptor and some Scalding Tarns, but that's really it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ramos posted:

What's a Spike that prefers a land destruction strategy? A Spike-opath.

Man, Patrick Sullivan and Cedric Phillips are just so enjoyable to listen to.

I really liked that story about watching Richard Garfield get Crucible/Strip Mine locked

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

http://www.toplevelpodcast.com/

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I want Llanowar Elves with the original art in an FTV

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Veyrall posted:

I would play the poo poo out of this. No lie.

Yeah, this sounds fun as hell

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I can't tell if that Sarkhan is part Dragon or if he just has some sweet new shoulderpads

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Aggro players are all literal children.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Some dude's piloted a Bant midrange deck to 6-1 at the SCG open. I wonder if it's a real deck, it seems cool.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

First Bass posted:

In the time it took me to lose my last FNM's final round and eek out second place, the two guys next to me vying for third and fourth played one game of an Abzan Midrange mirror match. To be fair though, it took a lot for the guy at 2 life to come back against the guy with 55 life and both Sorin and Elspeth's emblems on the field.

Jesus

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I found a box full of random speculative poo poo I bought while Worldwake was in standard, and now I'm just wondering who the hell is actually paying 7 bucks for a copy of Basilisk Collar and why I thought I needed 3 playsets of it back then.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rinkles posted:

Looks like Sam Black (Vicalis) is building around Mastery of the Unseen.

Who wouldn't want to after seeing that game at the SCG Open last weekend?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oraculum Animi posted:

So is this the same as not declaring whether you'll hit a player or creature with Bolt? You cast Bolt and then if they don't counter you choose what it's gonna hit?

No, you have to target creatures when casting bolt, but you can choose to redirect damage from a player to their planeswalker on resolution. It's unintuitive.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oraculum Animi posted:

So declaring creature or player is part of casting a burn spell but the act of redirecting it is part of resolution? If they made an errata like what Entropic mentioned wouldn't it be functionally different and have declaring a Planeswalker as the target as part of the casting?

Yes, you're 100% right. The player is the "target", but then you redirect the damage during a later part of the process of resolving the spell. Moving the planeswalker to the targeting phase would be moving it a couple steps earlier.

Personally, I don't feel like it adds anything to the game beyond a gotcha moment for newer players since everyone else knows what's up in any given situation, but it is what it is.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The lovely translation says "Creatures with megametamorfosis are like creatures with morph, but have an advantage when put face up, get a + 1 / + 1." That'd be putting a counter on them when you morph them.

Angry Grimace posted:

"Therefore, I reviewed our options and made ​​a decision: Dragons of Tarkir would use the theme of enemy colors."

...hmmmmmm

He goes on to say that they ditched enemy colors for allied colors, because it plays better in draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm on Team Sidisi, probably not playing 4 though

• Locked thread