Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

By the way: gently caress YEAH, Harness by Force.

Pulling wins right out of the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That was, what? A little over forty life to chew through that game? Amazing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jeskai Tempo wins off of one life. Man, I definitely want to try out some of these lists, many of them are such a step away from what we're used to.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Samael posted:

Goons, what is your preferred 5 drop for a Temur Monsters deck- Sarkhan, Stormbreath Dragon, Prognostic Sphinx, Surrak Dragonclaw, Keranos, God of Storms or Nissa Worldwaker?

Anthousa, duh.

(But it depends, what's your decklist?)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Anyone know where I can find a high resolution image of Act on Impulse's art? I figure after some poking from a friend, I should finally get around to making that playmat.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 5, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

You know Saito posted a list for that, right? With Dictate of Karametra?

I got to watch it tear a Junk Constellation deck to shreds. You have no instant-speed interaction and all your permanents have highly synergistic ETB triggers? :getin:

Man, that's just cruel.

Cernunnos posted:

Wish they'd made some Enchantment Lands. I know it probably would have been a bad idea but still.

Honestly, they probably wouldn't have been that bad if they entered in tapped. It gives constellation a bump but also have timing issues and a variety of removal out and ready.

But yeah, it's going to be years before we ever even touch that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Niton posted:

I'd accept "Ajani and Elspeth are pissed and destroy Theros' entire pantheon", honestly.

Also, Xenagos pops in with them and we have Naya Superfriends VS The Pantheon.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's working perfectly for me.

Also, go Jeskai! Yeah!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

This post fell out of a wormhole from five years ago and never stopped being true.

edit: Two years ago? When was Wolf Run/Olivia/Thragtusk/Huntmaster

As opposed to some blue plus white and/or black deck countering and killing everything interesting?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Top deck Elspeth? Clap, pump those arms, win the top deck race.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The Wicked Wall posted:

Was this something you'd refer to as a Windmill Slam, or is that something else?

Windmill slams as far as I know are when you see a card in a pack you want in draft and just slam it on the table, no other consideration. This is just an awesome top deck.

edit: Three land draws in a row. :negative: Come on Jeskai, I'm counting on you.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 13, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hell yeah, Jeskai makes the finals!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Vs the mirror? Why?

Turns all of your player directed burn into creature burn too. Jeskai Charm can suddenly eliminate Mantis Rider, for example.

I don't know how well that would work though, I've been mostly sticking to Abzan since I have all the cards to do that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Yeah i know what it does but it doesn't seem better than Seeker which can be pretty annoying to deal with in the mirror because of prowess...

Well, if Jeskai Wins is your biggest problem, it could help you to turn into a full on control deck against it post board, which can help set the pace in your favor

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dungeon Ecology posted:

More female avatars than male avatars, though. That's pretty cool in my book.
Also, they're hiding the white planeswalker from us. Does that mean they're not sure whether to cast Elspeth, Gideon or Ajani, or does it mean we're getting a brand new white Planeswalker! :tinfoil:

Considering that Nissa seems to be fully replacing Garruk at this point and we're likely going to get a new white planeswalker who isn't a giant cat, it seems like they're really trying to model the group to be more general audience friendly, a la movie goers.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

But Gideon's pretty moviegoer man.

Granted, he's also stuck on Ravnica.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I mean, dark, tall, and handsome superman should drag in a certain chunk of the possible audience. Who knows?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

And another lands-in-fronter losses again~

Good. Long live Temur.

The blue cards in it really did make that Temur deck tick.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bugsy posted:

Hundred Handed One out of b/w midrange induces the scoop from mono red.

Still punched through by turn four the next game anyway.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hello Sorin, glad you're here to save the day when Danny Jessup is at one life.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

Guess who's at it again?

Credits to IRC goons Toshimo and Procrastinator for spotting and confirming this:

http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/b/579394297?t=33h19m0s

Can you spot the cheat? :3:

Yeap, he never exiles the one card from his graveyard in hopes to play Cruise next turn for something profitable.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

UberJew posted:

Narset as the tricolor planeswalker opposed to a new Nicol Bolas card in the third set (being WRU instead of BRU) is pretty much my dumb story dream.

And in a glorious anti-climax, the third set ends with Narset popping up and kicking the poo poo out of the single oldest being in the multiverse with kung fu. Come to think of it, has Nicole won any battles since the mending? Even with Ugin, we're on a course to, "Nah, you didn't actually win that one because time travel."

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bonus posted:

Cedric Philips plays modern, but I'd hate to see him stop commentating legacy (with Patrick Sullivan), since it's the format that's the most fun to watch.

I can go for whichever makes him do more cartwheel stunts in the future.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

As someone who plays Death and Taxes, it's fantastic to play those basics.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cactrot posted:

i really like that it doesn't, ball lightning every turn!

Surely we can be more creative than that. With a Faithless Looting, anything is possible!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Well, Maro is a noted idiot. I'd be more inclined to side with Sam.

Miracles were unfun garbage and nobody but a 12 year old wants them back.

I'm twelve years old and play Countertop.

Seriously, I'd love to see Miracles back in a set with something like Scry or some other top of deck control.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Good yes Control Not Winning the Open.

Good.

I'm happy either way. The two sexiest decks of the tournament made it to the top 2.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's just Ajani's quest to bump Elspeth's butt.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh wow, I just found my new white Legacy deck to play.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Don't worry, Thalia's still here to kick rear end and take names.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

First strike is such a fantastic meta choice, it's great.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=75150

The Jeskai deck that won the open this weekend has 0 seeker of the way and I find that interesting.

Yeah, but I think the guy who ran the deck specifically said something about regretting not including Seeker of the Way. I think, more than anything, it just shows how ridiculously flexible the archetype is.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I can't see anything off of that glare on the Miracle cards.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

New card.

Jazal Goldmane

2WW

Legendary Creature - Cat Warrior

First Strike

3WW:Attacking creatures you control get +X/+X until end of the turn where X is equal to the number of attacking creatures.

4/4

The dude that Nicole killed that made Ajani angry.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

SierraNovember posted:

Am I running beginners luck much? I've been playing less than a month, in my starter booster with a start deck I pulled a sorin, now in a FNM for coming last, my consolation booster had a Sarkhan! I swear I've opened no more than 5 at absolute most.

I haven't written my deck up yet, bit I'm building a budget warrior deck with chief of scale, edge, hate blades - any cards you can advise of which are absolute must haves? I'm also considering splashing red to my white black but unsure of how, would be nice to use this Sarkhan and not sell it on.

That's definitely luck, it's best not to count on it in the future.

Anyway, since you're doing warriors, there's a few good options in Theros. Sightless Brawler is great for extra early damage and keeping a guy relevant in the late game. Tormented Hero is also a solid 2/1 one drop. Oreskos Swiftclaw is also solid. On the non-creature front, Oppresive Rays can be a great and cheap option for getting more damage through early and dealing with huge blockers.

Oh, and War-Name Aspirant is a godsend.

As for Sarkhan, just hold onto him. In time, you'll have a good number of red cards and then suddenly he'll have a home for you to use.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Chamale posted:

Blows up artifacts, enchantments, and nonbasics, and only replaces nonbasics. I don't see it being better than Serenity or Purify, except the ability to get indestructible permanents, since most decks are going to have basics to replace their nonbasics.

A+ removal against those ridiculously expensive five color decks with next to no basics.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh chill, it's just one card. If your deck has that severe of a weakness, you should work around it as opposed to just whine about it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Not whining about your opponents cards defeats the purpose of commander.

May I recommend a non-goon oriented strategy when approaching deck building and playing in Commander?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Build a cuuuuuuuuuube

Still haven't regretted following this piece of advice.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, I'm sold on mono-white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

Look at the great new artwork for mass calcify:

Stony Silence? Oblivion Ring?

Seconds before Emrakul comes crashing down on everything as an over sized block of salt. That's really all I can imagine here.

• Locked thread