Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Sickening posted:

Why is SSG coverage so bad? They seem to only setup one camera on a match most of the time and when that match ends they usually don't have another game to go to consistently.

I would take SCG's stream quality over 99% of Wizards ones.

e: Also, they don't go to another game in Round 1 usually for some reason. Most other rounds they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I'm sure it looks appropriately fabulous.

We can probably expect delve and the other clan mechanics in Fate Reforged and the 3rd set, right?

I wouldn't be so sure considering they specifically said that it was not a wedge block, and only the set would be wedge/clan-based

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Ciprian Maricon posted:

You could buy it for 21 CAD at Face to Face games?

Yeah I'm up in Canada too and FaceToFace is where I get everything. Quick with cheap shipping.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Speaking of shipping to Canada, I need to get some cards and boosters to my parents' place in NS, and I can't find anywhere that will ship for less than $9 (WHAT??). Including face to face. Just one booster and a couple singles is all. We're gonna build a card catalog over the holidays and he needs them for sizing.

I remember shipping was terrible when I lived there but seriously nine bucks?

Buying anything but singles is pretty terrible in terms of shipping costs. I feel for ya.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
FaceToFace games is having a sale today for 10 random mythics for $5. The EV for this has to be close to even, right? There are a lot of bad mythics but I think there are enough worth anything that it's an alright deal.

I pulled the trigger just because I need more cards to fill out my binder.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
Thank you for the laugh with the responses.

I decided to do it because $5 isn't really a big deal and I play a lot of casual commander & maybe there'll be a few things to use/trade with my playgroup. I was just wondering if it was actually "random" and I guess my suspicions were correct!

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

I played Big Red Control during an IQ about 3 months ago and every black player was baffled when they saw my grips of 3 mountains, ember swallower, generator servant, magma jet, and scuttling doom engine. :getin:

Is there a list for this somewhere? Ember Swallower is my jam.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Serperoth posted:

This is a very very bad post because Chapin is the loving best on commentary. Is it a conflict thing, he can't play and commentate, or has he said anything on the issue?

SCG is cutting everyone but Sullivan, Phillips and Hunt. It's not him who's made the decision, though who knows.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

I really like Soulflayer, though I don't know what kind of deck would want him in standard now. If you play him in Azban or Sidisi whip, the things he can get are deathtouch/flying (from hornet queen) trample (from rhino, Sagu Mauler) or hexproof (from caryatid, Mauler again.) And in most cases, I would rather Whip out those cards than exile them from the graveyard. Maybe Jund with Prophetic Flamespeaker, Hornet Queen, Swiftspear?

Chromanticore :getin:

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012

Happy new year thread, here's an SCG spoiler

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
Fleshbag Marauder reprint!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
Maybe I'm just spoiled by SCG but I always have to mute the commentary on the official streams. It just has zero insight or substance, it's solely play-by-play with some missing obvious plays thrown in.

• Locked thread