Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Temples going up in price = never a better time to play Mono Red Sligh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

So I finally opened a box tonight with one of my pals, and we got a few things of note:

Only one fetch, but at least it was Polluted Delta
A couple $5-$10 rares, such as Mantis Rider, Bloodsoaked Champion, Siege Rhino, etc
A full play-set of Treasure Cruises, one of which is FOIL! :woop:

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Xeom posted:

Should I even try to build a sliver deck in standard. I think its doable, but probably not the best thing ever.

Standard? No. Modern? Yes.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Hang on, let me pull out my list of countries with Red, White, and Blue flags...

I'm playing... Luxembourg Control. :v:

So are we to take it that when they say Naya Superfriends, they mean Republic of Abkhazia Superfriends?

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Mortimer posted:

Standard or modern? I assume modern because that deck is actually good, but isn't FNM standard? Is the jeskai ascendency standard deck actually good :stare:

As a matter of fact, Standard Ascendancy Combo is also quite good, if not as broken.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Did Ashiok ever get any prime time?

Seems like with Sultai Midrange, he/she/it is starting to get a bit more attention. For that matter, Garruk Apex Predator is starting to get more attention as well.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

The only list I'm interested in seeing is Tom Ross's Rabblemaster-less sligh deck, and exactly what he went up against.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

I get the idea behind most of those faves, but...Isamaru? Even as a joke?

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Sotar posted:

Opened a box of Khans because I hate money and it was decent, but a bit meh until the last two packs, which defied the odds and had two awesome foils. A foil treasure cruise and a foil windswept heath. Make bad financial MTG decisions, it will always work out.

Gotta agree. My buddy and I split a box when it came out, and the most exhilarating pulls were a Polluted Delta and a foil Treasure Cruise. (Seems oddly common among boxes.)

I will say, though, that buying a couple of packs at Target has been a great return on investment for me. I've bought a couple every time I've gone for the last couple months. In that time I've probably opened a box worth of packs (I go there a lot) and have assembled a full playset of both Siege Rhino and Windswept Heath, and a couple of one-offs like Sarkhan, one of each fetch, and a foil Wingmate Roc. Moral of the story, Target has good packs.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

I went ahead and got Built From Scratch; and from what little I've played so far, both Daretti and Feldon are extremely fun to use. I don't think I'm shedding any new light on this, but they especially work pretty well together. The deck as a whole works really well, even if there are a few things I'd change about it. I'd say it's the best for entertainment value, and would be the best monetary value if not for Containment Priest in white.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Stuff that I would hold onto from Theros block would probably include Coursers, Caryatids, and... that's it really.

This may go without saying, but also be sure to hold onto any Thoughtseize. Those aren't going down in value anytime soon.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Ramos posted:

So say I blink a facedown sorcery, what happens?

I assume it would just be a 2/2 forever until it dies, then goes to the exile/graveyard as a sorcery.

Soulflayer though... Finally, an exciting delve card. :allears:

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what are the best combat keyword creatures in Modern/Legacy?

A quick search for double strike brings up Drogskol Reaver.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Trail Of Mystery, of all cards, is in high demand on PucaTrade right now. Is this possibly because of manifest? Otherwise it still seems like a bad card.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Last FNM I went to, I sat next to a guy running five-color morph control using this card to ramp into fast Sagu Maulers or a Chromanticore finisher (with Ashiok backup?) Don't sleep on Trail of Mystery.

Likewise, I'd love to see a decklist like that. Maybe it's time to buy a few prerelease Trails before they possibly hike up in price.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Abzan figure of destiny, huh? Seems pretty cool.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

That must be some tree.

Official unofficial flavor text.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Ramos posted:

How can Alesha recur the rhino again?

Recasting through the Sabertooth, not Alesha. The awesome thing about the Sabertooth is that it may be Temur, but it doesn't fit strictly to those colors, so it'll most likely be an Abzan convert. :getin:

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Does anyone know how good Ugin is in formats other than Standard? I ask because over the last two days, I bought a few packs from two different stores, and pulled one each time. Not sure if he's good enough to keep around, or will have a gradual drop in relevance/price like Sarkhan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Aleksi Briclot, my favorite artist, is gonna be at GP Miami, and I can't be there...

:negative:

• Locked thread