Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I feel like I made a big mistake choosing Temur as my min color coming to the rotation. I just like play big creatures fast... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

You think it's too late to trade a Sorin for a Sarkhan? I pulled one tonight in a impulse 3-pack buy. It was good timing too, another guy was ripping packs and trading in money rares for more packs so I beat him to the Sorin. :v:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Entropic posted:

That sounds like a terribly masochistic way to gamble and I'm sure the store owner loves it.

I mean, I made that mistake on my first month of playing MTG (traded a Multavault for more packs DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK). He pulled like 4 or 5 fetch lands during the process just to open more packs in an attempt to get a Planeswalker. He didn't succeed because I accidentally stole it from him.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

If Sarkhan goes back in time and makes love to Ugin, does that produce a magical time dragon baby or just makes things weird?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Yawgmoth posted:

Holy poo poo, I had to check this out for myself. Man do I feel good about getting mine for $12.

Same here, plus I found a deck to use them in! :)

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

This is just some idea I was mulling in my brain, and I'm wondering if this mechanic is okay or far too powerful?

I was think about Surrak Dragonclaw and how he's not that great. If you aren't against control, anti-counter power doesn't help. I was think of a power that could be very powerful buy not invincible, and I thought of this:

This creature has protection from removal (Cannot be affected by spells or creature abilities that can destroy, exile, or sacrifice).

While that seems pretty powerful, the creature itself is still open to being killed by burn spells (lighting strike, searing blood, etc.), debuffing spells like bile blight, and being blocked by creatures. Does something like this feel too powerful to use in-game?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Jabor posted:

As written, your hypothetical creature still does to Wrath of God and Cruel Edict. "Protection" means something very specific, and doesn't do anything about destroy/exile/sacrifice effects.

Honestly, just making something hexproof is effectively "protection from spot removal", and I'm not sure how much you're gaining by reinventing it.

True, but I mean that creature wouldn't be affected by wrath spells like Wrath of God. I can see where hexproof would be an easier answer, but I'm just wondering if something like what I am suggesting is too powerful.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I want this loving Game Day playmat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Still considering myself a mtg noob, I had my best standard run at FNM last night. Went 3-0, on round 4 me and my opponent decided to split the 1st and 2nd place prize, lost the last round, won 7 packs. My packs pulled Sorin, Sarkhan, and a Wooded Foothills (also a foil Grim Haruspex , but who cares). Now I've got a full set of Sarkhan until they are rotated out and used my Foothills to get a set of Battlefield Forges in preparation for FRF. :D

• Locked thread