Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

A big flaming stink posted:

:vince: :vince: THAT NARSET :vince: :vince:

that sound you here is narset doubling in value

How do you seriously not Despise the Narset there?

It's a pretty obvious choice when you die with two Hero's Downfalls in your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
I think a great way to exploit Feldon would be:

-Rituals
-Red "Looting"
-Threaten/Sacc Effects.

You spend the early turns looting and discarding reanimation threats, ritual up with Feldon in play and use Threaten Effects to steal blockers/untap Feldon, can also give Feldon haste in a pinch.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Caw Blade: A pigeon pie, but the pigeons have cocktail swords and a man in a cloak removes your pie while the pigeons bludgeon you to death with a battering ram.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Tom Ross's draws have been *insane* in this G3 of the Quarter Finals. Drawing Wasteland off of the top to embarrass the standstill, drawing Daze to protect his library is very absurd.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
That was one of the craziest and tense games of magic I've seen. What a great loving game.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
I think Filterlands make the most sense, as does reprinting Bob and Goyf in mythic slots.

Mythic Speculation (15):

5 Praetors (Similar to Dragons of Kamigawa Cycle)

5 Colorless Cards
-Sword of Feast and Famine
-Sword of War and Peace (Body & Mind isn't constructed worthy and this mirrors MMA1)
-Mox Opal
-Emrakul
-Karn Liberated

5 "Pricey" Mythics
-Dark Confidant
-Tarmogoyf
-Consecrated Sphinx
-Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
-Ajani Vengeant

The only card I know for *sure* that's going to be in this is Noble Hierarch. No reason for that card to be $65.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

jassi007 posted:

I would think the other 2 legendary eldrazi are more likely than another sword reprint. All the swords can be had for reasonable prices, F&I is a maybe since the MM print is more popular, but you can get the darksteel one for around 30 and the MM one for 35ish. I agree with most of the rest of what you posted, although there is a chance they don't print 3 walkers. I think MM1 had 2, not that it is any sort of precedent.

Ugh, yeah I didn't realize how expensive Kozilek and Ulamog were. I agree they need to be reprinted more, I'm just unsure if the format can handle all 3 the way Rise of the Eldrazi can. Perhaps it could be F&F, and Kozilek since Ulamog was reprinted in FTV: Legends. I wouldn't be surprised if only Emrakul was printed though.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
If any of you goons will be at GPSJ, I'll be the doof in a blue fuzzy Satyr hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Rashad: "Why would he path the Pestermite instead of bolting it?"

Randy: "Because his opponent is at 5 life and a swing from Restoration Angel + Lightning Bolt is lethal!"

Goddamn Rashad you are an awful commentator.

• Locked thread