Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
For me, my strongly held opinions come from the pain I have experienced and my desire to not see that pain inflicted on others. Pain, misery, and depression sucks. And in my experience no matter how hard you try/push yourself there are certain thresholds of external circumstances that no amount of willpower and ingenuity can overcome. So for example I might not hold a strong opinion on the best way to resolve the water shortages in California, I hold immoveable views on things like food stamps and medical/mental health care for the poor. Although I am generally mild mannered and given to long periods of consideration on matters before voicing an opinion, there are topics where I will absolutely spit fire. Those topics happen to be anything to do with poverty and our cultures treatment of those held back by structural issues in society.

So my strong opuinions come from a mixture of life experiences and a great deal of time spent self reflecting on those experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread