Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Goldy is cool, though. Post all your Goldy .gifs in here so we can laugh at Michigan's geriatric fanbase.

Upsets: 1, barring Oregon State going nuts to beat USC.

Discuss

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Texas is gonna need an upset to get to 5 wins this year. The entire SEC West will be ranked on Monday. 2014 is lame.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
UAB. :(

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I have absolutely nothing to be proud of in my team except for that stand by the defense in overtime, but I'll take the win.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
not a checkbox poll, gently caress you

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
That was one of the ugliest games I think I've ever watched. I am glad Mizzou won but they played pretty goddamn terribly. They really need to get their poo poo together on offense.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Goldy is the best mascot in the entire world.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I actually have good luck at the DMV. It's usually a smooth and quick process. Of course I make up for that by having terrible luck at everything else.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Fire Brandon
Fire Hoke

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
That was one of the ugliest Penn State games I can remember watching, with no positives to take away from it that I can see. Dreadful.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
The UW defense played like a bunch of studs, if they can play like that every week UW will win lots of games

The UW offense played like a bunch of middle schoolers, if they play like that every week UW will win zero games

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I know nobody cares about Army football and they are almost always terrible, but they are on track for one of the worst seasons in their history. loving Yale just scored 49 on them. Even in their winless 2003 season there wasn't anything that appalling.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide
Has gameday made an announcement yet if they'll be at Oxford? I bet they go to Auburn instead.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Todd Gurley is good at sports, Hutson Mason has a noodle for an arm, secondary is porous, our pass rush is good, we won- its a great day to be a bulldog.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

This Gamecocks team has some good and even great individual pieces, but as a unit, it's in disarray. Looks like we hit our rebuilding phase a season earlier than expected, which I'm obviously not enjoying, but oh well.

The SC-Mizzou game could actually turn into a pretty cool rivalry moving forward. We snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in epic fashion last year, and they did the same to us this season. It'd be fun to have a truly reciprocal SEC rival after all these years.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn 45, Louisiana Tech 17: Sloppy as gently caress. With new-ish faces on the OL and in the backfield, the offense has yet to fully gel and the preseason (give or take a K-State) is over. Two Auburn TDs came on backyard scramble-and-heaves and another on a punt return. The run game was consistently frustrated by missed assignments; in the air, Nick Marshall is about the same as he ever was -- he can make a drat throw, and when he absolutely needs to he'll probably pull it off. But he's not consistently sharp by any means. He did seem more comfortable on the option than at the start of the season. The defense continues to shine against the run but is still prone to leaving huge holes in mid-depth pass coverage.

Biggest problem are three starters leaving with injuries: OL Patrick Miller, LB Kris Frost and LB Cassanova McKinzy, who was helped off the field on his feet but clearly struggling, and was reportedly hospitalized with a neck issue. If any are unavailable, that could be a huge deal with games against LSU and Mississippi State coming.

ACoolT5 posted:

Has gameday made an announcement yet if they'll be at Oxford? I bet they go to Auburn instead.
Think it's all but set for Oxford.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Boston College, whom knocked around Southern Cal, got knocked around by Colorado State.

So yea, one upset.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Texas managed to shut out Kansas in ugly fashion.

Baylor is running a train on ISU, but ISU is keeping the gap close.

Next week's Texas/Baylor game is going to be interesting.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Just saw on Twitter Gameday is going to Oxford next week.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Next week's Texas/Baylor game is going to be interesting.

I beg to differ.

Well, it'll be fun to watch the slaughter, I suppose.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
'Well, he's a horrible football coach, but Brady Hoke is a nice guy who does things the right way!!'

*Brady Hoke leaves a player in the game forever after his brain has been splattered inside his helmet, and then even puts him back in for a play after he staggers off to the sideline to die*

'Well...well.....'

fun times at michigan

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

RumbleFish posted:

The SC-Mizzou game could actually turn into a pretty cool rivalry moving forward. We snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in epic fashion last year, and they did the same to us this season. It'd be fun to have a truly reciprocal SEC rival after all these years.

I agree. I love the SAS posters but out of all the games this season I really just wanted to beat you guys most of all for the past two years. It should be a really fun game going forward.

edit: Honest question: why didn't Spurrier go for two when he went up 19-7?

Hed fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 28, 2014

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Deshaun Watson for Heisman

If he was starting all our games we would be 4-0 :colbert:

And watching USC/Mizzu at a USC bar was fun

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My bold, insane prediction: Ole Miss/Alabama will be a lot like it was last year.

A much-improved looking pass rush will help.

Also I'm very glad Penn State finally lost, I was worried they'd do something horrible like bring home a conference championship. I want what's left of their fans to die a slow, Michigan-like death.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Its pretty clear that on top of being the All Champs Conference, #goacc also has the best QBs.

gently caress playing @nc state though, Jesus Christ.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Deteriorata posted:

Fire Brandon
Fire Hoke

He's just horsin' around.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Its pretty clear that on top of being the All Champs Conference, #goacc also has the best QBs.

Pac-12.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHc-CtJwlAo

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
-Kentucky got their first SEC win since 2011: cool

-Kentucky's defense has been great so far giving up ~10 points per game through 4 games: cool

-Patrick Towles was rear end and nearly screwed us several times this game: not cool

Moving forward we face a vulnerable South Carolina team in a night game at home with a chance to start this season 5-1 (assuming we beat Louisiana Monroe afterwards). :getin:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Marquis de Pyro posted:

'Well, he's a horrible football coach, but Brady Hoke is a nice guy who does things the right way!!'

*Brady Hoke leaves a player in the game forever after his brain has been splattered inside his helmet, and then even puts him back in for a play after he staggers off to the sideline to die*

'Well...well.....'

fun times at michigan

Wait Hoke continued playing a concussed player? Why the gently caress did he do that? Who was concussed? Did hr address it post game?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Speaking of sports being cruel..

Davis Webb had a dislocated shoulder for his non-throwing arm. He's 'day-to-day' but in Kliff Kingsbury's way of managing injuries, that means that he's doubtful for next Saturday against KSU. If he needs surgery, it'll probably be in the offseason.

Otherwise, he'll be playing with a shoulder brace to try to keep it in place for the rest of the season.

So it's still highly possible we see Mahomes for the rest of the season. If Kliff takes us to a bowl with Mahomes playing for a significant portion of the season, he deserves coach of the year.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

quote:

Larry Williams @LarryWilliamsTI 8m

Chad Morris said they pulled Watson for Stoudt w/ 5 min left and 15-point lead b/c he/Swinney thought game was out of reach.

Seriously, there was like 5 mins left and UNC had 2 timeouts still.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
A dramatization of what happened tonight in the 4th quarter:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV will win at most one more game. gently caress this team

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
After watching ole miss hump a doorknob against Memphis for 45 minutes, I'm really looking forward to the Egg Bowl

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

Wait Hoke continued playing a concussed player? Why the gently caress did he do that? Who was concussed? Did hr address it post game?

Possibly concussed. He (Shane Morris) took a shot to the head and was wobbly, but also had a bum ankle by that time. He could hardly walk, but gave an "I'm OK" sign to the bench and stayed in a couple more plays.

Then Gardner came in for a series. He lost his helmet and Morris replaced him for a play, even though he could still barely walk, rather than calling a time out so the third string could get his helmet and get in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1mIcYz-DM8&t=132s

Ed: Post game, Hoke said he wasn't aware Shane was hurt, even though you can see him helping him off the field in the video.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 28, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woo, UT won a game!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

PostNouveau posted:

Woo, UT won a game!

"We can still win the conference."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zoran posted:

"We can still win the conference."

Currently tied for 1st!