Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

pillsburysoldier posted:

Its pretty clear that on top of being the All Champs Conference, #goacc also has the best QBs.

gently caress playing @nc state though, Jesus Christ.

How the gently caress does NC State always get these insane QBs? How?

Brissett was on loving fire tonight. That dude needs way more media coverage.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Wow gently caress Hoke

A&M's offense played horribly for 3 quarters and then suddenly turned into a competent unit again. That poo poo won't fly against any other team on the schedule (except ULM I guess). Good game by the D in the second half and OT though.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Relentlessboredomm posted:

How the gently caress does NC State always get these insane QBs? How?

Brissett was on loving fire tonight. That dude needs way more press coverage.

They always go nuts against us! We made Mike Glennon look like loving Joe Montana.

Deteriorata posted:

Possibly concussed. He (Shane Morris) took a shot to the head and was wobbly, but also had a bum ankle by that time. He could hardly walk, but gave an "I'm OK" sign to the bench and stayed in a couple more plays.

Then Gardner came in for a series. He lost his helmet and Morris replaced him for a play, even though he could still barely walk, rather than calling a time out so the third string could get his helmet and get in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1mIcYz-DM8&t=132s

Ed: Post game, Hoke said he wasn't aware Shane was hurt, even though you can see him helping him off the field in the video.

Ooooh dear. That doesn't look great.
Sbnation just put up an article on it (I'm on mobile right now and cant quite link it) and the clip of the broadcast pretty much makes Brady Hoke's career hang on what Shane's diagnosis is.

But I mean, Bowden, O'LEARY and Kelly killed players before so maybe he'll bounce back from it

Edit: Also you link it. Thanks

Hoke post game http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W40WnaUpiBk

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 28, 2014

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress the overrated SEC West. Baylor and Oklahoma both are top four teams.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
http://youtu.be/cFmoc66Ju_o

The first play of the game, which got Ole Miss' kicker ejected and should get at least #10 suspended for the Bama game because he came off the bench to throw some punches.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I was just talking about how Hoke probably gets next season to right the ship, but man what a sack of poo poo. The QB clearly doesn't know where the gently caress he is at all. Run a wildcat play or something instead of pulling back in your player whose brain just exploded. gently caress Hoke and I hope he is suspended from duty or fired.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

rebel1608 posted:

Wow gently caress Hoke

A&M's offense played horribly for 3 quarters and then suddenly turned into a competent unit again. That poo poo won't fly against any other team on the schedule (except ULM I guess). Good game by the D in the second half and OT though.

That's pretty clueless of hoke to allow him back in. I don't know if it was him that sent Morris into the game, but someone on that staff needed to say, "hey, we can't put that guy in the game"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Thoguh posted:

gently caress the overrated SEC West. Baylor and Oklahoma both are top four teams.
Some of y'all are so goddamn determined to get mad about a slight that has yet to happen.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

The first play of the game, which got Ole Miss' kicker ejected and should get at least #10 suspended for the Bama game because he came off the bench to throw some punches.

I wish you could see whatever the kicker did.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Bellomy was the only guy on that sideline who thought maybe Morris should stay rested. Both of those quarterbacks should feel insulted.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

kayakyakr posted:

That's pretty clueless of hoke to allow him back in. I don't know if it was him that sent Morris into the game, but someone on that staff needed to say, "hey, we can't put that guy in the game"

Here's Hoke's explanation

Brady Hoke posted:

"I don't know if he might have a concussion or not I don't know that," Hoke said. "Shane's pretty competitive, a tough kid. Shane wanted to be the quarterback. Believe me, if he didn't want to be, he would've come to the sideline and stayed down."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Penn State homecoming weekend was ruined.

e: The Big Ten's Chaos of Shittiness owns, Northwestern owns, gently caress James Franklin, where have you been Anthony Walker our nation turned its lonely eyes to you and you hit the poo poo out of a bunch of chumps.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Indiana is the best team in the SEC East

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

rebel1608 posted:

Here's Hoke's explanation

Its a good thing that concussed kid gets to call the shots instead of the honorable Michigan man on the sidelines with a supposedly fully functional brain. What a loving rear end.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
LSU is gonna have a quarterback controversy, which is always a delightful and charming experience for the Louisiana's generally relaxed and phlegmatic citizenry.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn State: Real Bad

btw what happened to the Northwestern dude who got stretchered off? I missed the hit and they didn't show a replay.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Christian Hackenberg is a terrible quarterback and I will laugh like a maniac when he eventually gets drafted number one overall. At least Hamilton is still a beast.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

DOOP posted:

Penn State: Real Bad

btw what happened to the Northwestern dude who got stretchered off? I missed the hit and they didn't show a replay.

Went to make a tackle on Hackenberg; Hackenberg lowered his shoulder and they hit helmet to helmet.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

R.D. Mangles posted:

e: The Big Ten's Chaos of Shittiness owns, Northwestern owns, gently caress James Franklin, where have you been Anthony Walker our nation turned its lonely eyes to you and you hit the poo poo out of a bunch of chumps.

Penn State nooo. They took the sanctions off you so you could go on and rep the Big 10 in the playoffs :(

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
N: Army lost to an Ivy League team.

V: Haha, owned.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

Just like the weekend of a middle school Nittany Lion fan as their anus is violated to support a Penn State win.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

AKMoose posted:

That was one of the ugliest Penn State games I can remember watching, with no positives to take away from it that I can see. Dreadful.

yep

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

Just like the weekend of a middle school Nittany Lion fan as their anus is violated to support a Penn State win.

you drunk man? I mean... yikes.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

you drunk man? I mean... yikes.

Yes. But what exactly is the question.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

Yes. But what exactly is the question.

Just more graphic than I expect in an aftermath thread.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't know who he replaced but walker is good as hell and shouldn't go back to the bench

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Roasted Donut posted:

i don't know who he replaced but walker is good as hell and shouldn't go back to the bench

Ellis is pretty decent (had two pick sixes against Cal last year), but Walker was an absolute monster out there and he needs to be out there every week.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

kayakyakr posted:

Just more graphic than I expect in an aftermath thread.

THe image of grade schooler getting hosed in the rear end by an old man is pretty apt for that game

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor went on the road against a markedly better team than Kansas and won by three TDs, which is something I'd heard a lot of people saying we couldn't do and is an encouraging sign. No obvious road-voodoo, no real meltdowns by our first-team D. Want to see us handle a mobile QB better (Hello Trevone Boykin, Trevor Knight) and our second CB against Mario Alford could be an adventure, but overall I was really encouraged.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I didn't see the Ohio State game but dang

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ellis is pretty decent (had two pick sixes against Cal last year), but Walker was an absolute monster out there and he needs to be out there every week.

Yeah. It's hard to give him credit for the pick six (hackenberg is beyond loving horrible) but that dude was everywhere and was real cool

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

the interior line is putrid, but that i a whole new level of bad. execute all those fucks

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

It took me a few run-throughs to see that #72 was managing to block 2 of his own guys out of the play. But now that I see 'em... Wow.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

It took me a few run-throughs to see that #72 was managing to block 2 of his own guys out of the play. But now that I see 'em... Wow.

no, #72, I thought we were friends

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Belton deserves better :smith:

Florida is off the hook

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
sseriously though that's the best block gaia has had all year. he's such a piece of poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Holy poo poo #10 came off the sideline slowly and shoved someone before being pushed to the ground! Now let me tell you why this allows offensive linemen to stomp on people because they don't attend Ole Miss...

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
A&M and Missouri currently lead the SEC divisions

Conference expansion owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska is 5-0 yet I still have no idea what to think of this team as a whole (never mind Ameer Abdullah, who has at this point has established himself as our best offensive player since Eric Crouch). Guess we'll see next Saturday in East Lansing.

Or maybe not. Having fun so far, though.

• Locked thread