Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Henchman of Santa posted:

I just learned from the Grantland week 6 preview that Air Force has a player named Weston Steelhammer.
Have you never heard of Navy football player Wave Ryder?

E: I got an MA at Houston and grew up near the Arizona campus. Tonight is going to be rather exciting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

And his younger brother, Blaze Ryder.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Double header tonight:

UCF vs Houston at 6:00 (CT)
Arizona vs Oregon at 9:30 (CT)

Also there is FAU vs FIU on FSN, if that's your thing.

I get the nasty feeling the Oregon-Arizona game will be a shootout. Oregon's defense did very badly at stopping WSU's passing attack. I don't think it'll be an Arizona blowout like last year but it could be close. Oregon's O-line looks like poo poo and the defense can't get pressure on the QB.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
They went to Kamehameha High School.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Go knights

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CrumFUNist! posted:

I get the nasty feeling the Oregon-Arizona game will be a shootout. Oregon's defense did very badly at stopping WSU's passing attack. I don't think it'll be an Arizona blowout like last year but it could be close. Oregon's O-line looks like poo poo and the defense can't get pressure on the QB.

I also suspect Rich Rodriguez is going to be a bit more motivated than usual this week.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Strobe posted:

And his younger brother, Blaze Ryder.

Shut the gently caress up that's not real

e: haha he's a god drat o-lineman

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I have a dream, that one day Blaze Ryder will go to the NFL and play center in front of Kyle Orton

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Watching the Houston/UCF game, and I'm already loving sick of the announcers sucking Houston's dick. UCF dropped a pass that looked like a fumble, and the announcers immediately credited Houston with being good at forcing turnovers. The next play (after it was overturned), the running back just sorta lets the ball slip out of his grip, and the announcers go right back to gobbling Cougar cock with the turnover commentary.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Strobe posted:

Watching the Houston/UCF game, and I'm already loving sick of the announcers sucking Houston's dick. UCF dropped a pass that looked like a fumble, and the announcers immediately credited Houston with being good at forcing turnovers. The next play (after it was overturned), the running back just sorta lets the ball slip out of his grip, and the announcers go right back to gobbling Cougar cock with the turnover commentary.
Houston owns though?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Suppose I'll work on a GDT. Or someone work on a GDT.

Pick your favorite title.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

kayakyakr posted:

Emron's is good: NCAA GDT: Michigan offers free tickets to anyone who buys a Hoke

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Michigan seems like a dream to me now.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Air Force is going to counter with some kid name Blast Ramjet or Army will have Cannon Laserarm.

Can you imagine a member of the McCoy family entering the armed services? He'd end up with a name like Revolver Ocelot.

Time for my semi-annual post of "if I was a really good quarterback, I'd change my name to Champ Armstrong."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
That kid named Cash Money whose big brother Brad played in the little league world series needs to become a football player.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

That kid named Cash Money whose big brother Brad played in the little league world series needs to become a football player.

1) Is born and named Cash Money
2) Becomes pro athlete
3) Never gets very good, but is locally popular
4) Retires after a moderately length career
5) Becomes TV pitchman for in-market car title loan commercials

Its so obvious

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
A GDT is born: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669319

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Oh poo poo the Iron Bowl's lead-in this year on CBS will be a documentary about Uncle Verne.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

E: I got an MA at Houston and grew up near the Arizona campus. Tonight is going to be rather exciting for me.

I'm aware. The context of the article was using Steelhammer as Air Force's equivalent of the Ryder brothers and Trent Steelman.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm so proud, my first GDT title :shobon:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Weston Steelhammer is by far the best service academy name. Wave Ryder is great, but no one has the Norse God appeal like Weston Steelhammer.

Emron posted:

I'm so proud, my first GDT title :shobon:

I know you hate me, but good show! :3:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I am disappointed mine didn't get picked, and will take it as nothing short of a personal insult against myself and my entire family.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

VDay posted:

I am disappointed mine didn't get picked, and will take it as nothing short of a personal insult against myself and my entire family.

There were so many good ones this afternoon. Someone had to be disappointed.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

kayakyakr posted:

There were so many good ones this afternoon. Someone had to be disappointed.

It's all of us. All of us who are watching that game right now.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Oh poo poo the Iron Bowl's lead-in this year on CBS will be a documentary about Uncle Verne.

Ole chortles himself is actually coming to speak at the Atlanta Touchdown Club on Monday. From what I've heard he is actually a pretty funny guest. Guess I'll find out then.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Here is your thursday night laugh, y'all

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

[quote="LeeMajors" post="435719522""]

I know you hate me, but good show! :3:
[/quote]

Please, I don't hate you. I just think you've made a bad life decision in rooting for Known Assholes The University Of Florida.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

Here is your thursday night laugh, y'all

Vandy plans to strap a literal anchor around Gurley's waist.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scarf posted:

Vandy plans to strap a literal anchor around Gurley's waist.

Anchor down, baby.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

Anchor down, baby.

I'm hoping I get to see/listen to some games this weekend... I feel like this is the first week with what looks to be some REALLY good games.

I'm going up to the mountains in NC for a wedding-weekend thing. I might take my Sirius reciever+boombox so that I can at least dial in some games while out at the lake. Normally I'm 100% against weddings during football season, but this is a 30 minute ceremony on Friday followed by 25 people sharing 2 lake houses for the weekend getting shitfaced.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
UGA DB Rico Johnson's career is over after being diagnosed today with a spinal condition that could leave him paralyzed if he kept playing.

His twitter is heartbreaking.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
That's awful. :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Brutal :smith: Could have been a hell of a lot worse but man that's gotta be heartbreaking for him

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

UGA DB Rico Johnson's career is over after being diagnosed today with a spinal condition that could leave him paralyzed if he kept playing.

His twitter is heartbreaking.

Now he'll never date that jersey chaser

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Now he'll never date that jersey chaser

He has at least a week before news filters down to typical jersey chasers. He could keep his story going and get some tail no problem. That is, unless one of them throws his back out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Can someone post that Goldie gif that always gets posted here?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Spacebump posted:

Can someone post that Goldie gif that always gets posted here?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'm very happy that the first year of the playoff is going to be one of those goofy years where no one is truly good and like the entire top 10 will have a case.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CBS took their six-day option on the Week 7 SEC games, when they'll be running an early afternoon doubleheader.

Auburn at Mississippi State
Ole Miss at Texas A&M
LSU at Florida
Georgia at Missouri
Alabama at Arkansas

Auburn-Mississippi State and Ole Miss-A&M will, at worst, be one game of an undefeated vs a one-loss team and another matching up two one-loss teams. I could still see them doing something dumb and passing on one of those in favor of LSU/Florida solely out of habit.

Also, if I remember correctly, CBS is contractually obligated to feature every SEC team once per season. Looking ahead, I'm real curious when they're gonna squeeze in Vandy. My guess is Nov. 22 vs. Mississippi State where the other options are Mizzou-Tennessee and Ole Miss-Arkansas but they won't be happy if one of those games has divisional implications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
After waking up I'm still pretty pumped about last night. It's time Greg Byrne brings the massive dumptrucks of money around to RichRod, he's loving earned it.

Also Scooby owns.

• Locked thread