Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If Sylvan Scrying is just gonna go find a fetch you might as well run a fetch instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
3x Grim Haruspex:
4x Fleshbag Marauder
1x Merciless Executioner
1x Dutiful attendent
3 Husk
4x Zulaport Cuthroat
3x Catacomb Sifter
1 Liliana, Heretical Healer
3 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
4 Siege Rhino
4 Rally the Ancestors
4 Collected Company
2 Evolutionary Leap
1 Vampiric Rights

4 Windswept Heath
2 Canopy Vista
1 3G Fetch 2 Basic
4 Sandstone Citadel
4 Lllanowar Wastes
3 Swamp
3 Forest
1 Plains
1x Caves of Koilos

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think Evolutionary Leap is basically just better than Vampiric Rites - it's cheaper if you're using it multiple times and you're always drawing gas with it. I think you also want some more "fodder" in order to extract value from your sac outlets and make your rallies more likely to be lethal. Hangarback Walker, Sultai Emissary, Blisterpod and Carrier Thrall all strike me as better options than Dutiful Attendant (Hangarback has the advantage of being a very strong creature in general, while Emissary has the advantage of producing two nontoken creatures for Haruspex and Liliana).

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I don't care for Hangerback because it has bad synergy with Rally/CoCo, no?

How about this?

2 Grim Haruspex:
3 Fleshbag Marauder
1 Merciless Executioner
3 Husk
4 Zulaport Cuthroat
3 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
4 Siege Rhino
4 Rally the Ancestors
3 Collected Company
2 Evolutionary Leap
1 Catacomb Sifter
4 Blisterpod
1 Carrier Thrall
2 Sultai Emissary
3 Windswept Heath
2 Canopy Vista
4 Sandstone Citadel
4 Lllanowar Wastes
4 Swamp
4 Forest
1x Caves of Koilos

Ass Catchcum fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 20, 2015

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It does have bad synergy with those, but a) it's a very powerful card that's being played by all sorts of decks and b) it has insane synergy with all of the sac outlets and Zulaport Cutthroat. For example if you spend a couple of turns ticking it up you can cash it in for 4 cards with Evo Leap, and I think it's actually a viable alternate win condition to Rally (end of turn sac my hangarback, attack you with my tokens, sac to drain you with cutthroat).

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
Discount red deck -- based on an Impact Tremors deck I was playing pre-Origins. I'm not willing to buy anything over about £5/card for standard, as I'm a bit poor at the moment; however suggestions are welcome.

20 Mountain

4 Exquisite Firecraft
4 Impact Tremors
4 Hordeling Outburst
4 Dragon Fodder
4 Wild Slash
2 Collateral Damage
2 Touch of the Void

4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Goblin Glory Chaser
4 Lightning Berserker
3 Zurgo Bellstriker
1 Goblin Heelcutter

Possible Sideboard
1 Goblin Heelcutter
4 Roast
2 Shatter
2 Boiling Earth
2 Crumble to Dust
3 Twin Bolt
2 Act of Treason

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.
An unhealthy love for young pyromancer made me try my hand at a modern brew, not sure how viable this is.

Mardu Tokens

4 Monastery Mentor
4 Young Pyromancer
4 Lingering Souls
3 Spectral Procession
4 Path to Exile
2 Boros Charm
4 Intangible Virtue
2 Honor of the Pure
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Arid Mesa
4 Marsh Flats
4 Godless Shrine
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Plains
1 Swamp

//Sideboard
SB: 4 Rest in Peace
SB: 3 Stony Silence
SB: 4 Blood Moon
SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity

Mana base and sideboard are literally just thrown in right now as possibilities, more looking for opinions on card selection/if this is a total dead end. I've goldfished it a bunch and it's capable of some pretty powerful opening hands, but it's hard to tell if the red splash is really worth it over a stock BWTokens list without actually playtesting it a bunch, and I don't have some of the cards.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Granstein posted:

An unhealthy love for young pyromancer made me try my hand at a modern brew, not sure how viable this is.

Mardu Tokens

4 Monastery Mentor
4 Young Pyromancer
4 Lingering Souls
3 Spectral Procession
4 Path to Exile
2 Boros Charm
4 Intangible Virtue
2 Honor of the Pure
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Arid Mesa
4 Marsh Flats
4 Godless Shrine
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Plains
1 Swamp

//Sideboard
SB: 4 Rest in Peace
SB: 3 Stony Silence
SB: 4 Blood Moon
SB: 4 Leyline of Sanctity

Mana base and sideboard are literally just thrown in right now as possibilities, more looking for opinions on card selection/if this is a total dead end. I've goldfished it a bunch and it's capable of some pretty powerful opening hands, but it's hard to tell if the red splash is really worth it over a stock BWTokens list without actually playtesting it a bunch, and I don't have some of the cards.

A friend of mine actually took a similar list to GP Charlotte a few months back; and unfortunately, the red splash is mostly not worth it. It's definitely fun to have Butcher of the Horde shenanigans going on.

If you're looking for it to be more competitive, I think it's doable. The things you'll want to consider are Bitterblossom and Hero of Bladehold. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad is good, but you should also consider a singleton Solemn Visitor as well. If you'd like to focus more on pumping them out with spells via Mentor and Pyro, try more burn spells like Lightning Bolt and Helix.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Could never play a Mardu build without Cracking Doom, card is just too drat good

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.

AceClown posted:

Could never play a Mardu build without Cracking Doom, card is just too drat good

Yeah, I was considering it for the sideboard just as a hedge vs Bogles/Infect, wasn't sure if it was worth a slot in the main though. I guess it's good vs grishoalbrand too. I kind of assumed the boros charms were better main just as a little bit of sweeper protection and late game reach, but could certainly be incorrect.

Soothing Cacophony
Sep 29, 2009
OK so this is what I've been testing so far, and it's weird, but I think it might actually be decent.

Deck: Simic Awaken Tempo

//Lands
1 Evolving Wilds
4 Forest
7 Island
4 Lumbering Falls
4 Thornwood Falls
4 Yavimaya Coast

//Spells
4 Clutch of Currents
3 Earthen Arms
4 Rush of Ice

//Creatures
4 Bounding Krasis
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Halimar Tidecaller
4 Harbinger of the Tides
3 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 Torrent Elemental
4 Whirler Rogue

//Sideboard
3 Disdainful Stroke
3 Negate
1 Disciple of the Ring
4 Highland Game
4 Encase in Ice

Display deck statistics

The deck plays real nice. Of course my only testing is on Cockatrice versus randoms, so I don't have a great bead on the deck, but it's insanely fun. The core of the deck is the Tidecaller/Rush of Ice/Clutch of Currents interaction, as you can use your bounce/tappers aggressively to get ahead, then recur them later to get a team of flying lands, or just recast them on 1 mana easily if you're starting to fall behind. Bounding Krasis and Harbinger are flash threats that increase your tempo, Whirler Rogue and Torrent Elemental make sure you're getting in for damage, and Nissa helps hit land drops while giving you a nice engine if the game goes long. Still the core here is blue, and UG might not be the best choice; I just mostly liked the support that Nissa and Bounding Krasis give, and Earthen Arms is a nice way to turn something into a threat. Might be looking at trying Bant or Temur next for it, or maybe UW if the support is there.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I like the core idea, but I think you need more early beaters to try and capitalize on board advantage. Torrent Elemental and Elvish Visionary both strike me as rather slow. You could play something like Rattleclaw Mystic (which can do some damage and also help power out awaken spells) or Frost Walker (to just crack for huge amounts of damage). In terms of other colours you could go Temur to give you Savage Knuckleblade and Wild Slash, or white to play Roil Spout.

Soothing Cacophony
Sep 29, 2009
You're definitely right that Visionary is too slow, its nice in grindy matchups but I'd rather just end those matches faster. I'm not huge on Frost Walker just because of how huge Jace is right now. Rattleclaw would be pretty nice, though, I'll have to test. As for Torrent Elemental, I have no idea how else to beat a resolved Silumgar, the Drifting Death. It's brutal, since the control matchup is actually really good thanks to Lumbering Falls (which is a strong reason to keep the deck UG or UGx).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
First run at an Abzan list, which ended up not really using Allies or Landfall.

//Creatures
4 Deathmist Raptor
4 Den Protector
2 Liliana, Heretical Healer
4 Brutal Hordechief
4 Hangarback Walker
2 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
2 Anafenza, the Foremost

//Spells
4 Collected Company
4 Dromoka's Command
1 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4 Abzan Charm

//Land
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Windswept Heath
1 Blighted Fen
4 Shambling Vent
1 Mortuary Mire
4 Canopy Vista
1 Forest
1 Plains

//Sideboard
2 Tasigur, the Golden Fang

Probably need to look over the new cards again, and I'm sure I can do better with the lands. I think I really want a sac engine, if not for Hordechief I'd consider 4-color Mabzan for Butcher of the Horde. I also originally meant to have Grim Haruspex.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

So, I'm trying to work out a deck idea, but I'm ultra busy at this time of year so I can't really just sit the gently caress down and figure it out.

Here's the barebones of the idea:

Cards:

Hangarback walker
BFZ Gideon
Ojutai's Command
White Boardwipe (either end hostilities or the new one)
+ other stuff I can't quite work out yet

So, the idea is Gideon has dual purpose. He works as a face smasher, or a emblem maker. As an emblem maker, he causes some ultra value with 'walker, because walker then generates 2/2s. Further to that, his emblem also allows you to Ojutai's command walker back for even more value.

Magic fairyland play would essentially be T2 walker, T3 pump walker with mana up for whatever, T4 pop gideon for an emblem, T5 if walker isn't already dead and the coast is clear, boardwipe and spend the rest of the game controlling the gently caress out of your opponent and denying them winning plays.

Any suggestions on how to make this thing work would be cool.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

A good bonus from the Gideon emblem is that it means if X=0 on a Hangarback, say from Ojutai's Command or CoCo it comes in as a 1/1. I won't make tokens until it gets counters on it, but that can be useful.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Coco, and adding green into the mix, is on my radar because of this synergy. I've even considered Earthen arms as a 2 drop for T3 to get an extra 2 counters on 'walker.

I'm 100% sure there's a real deck in among this, but I have far too many different ideas to fit into one deck.

Also, Hardened scales seems to be really sweet for 'walker in general. It's essentially a doubling season on each activation.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I had a similar idea re: Gideon + Hangarback, but that mostly boiled down to a White Weenie deck with Lieutenant's Consul as an additional Anthem effect and all the 2/1s for W that are floating around. There's even that new 2-drop Ally that gives everything First Strike.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Hey guys I brewed up this Bant Tempo deck for standard. I already have pretty much all of the cards except for the mana base which is not going to be cheap. Any adjustments you guys would recommend? Any card justifications you think I should make before running it?

Here's a decklist for those that don't want to click:

code:
Land (25)
3x Canopy Vista
4x Flooded Strand
3x Forest
1x Island
4x Lumbering Falls
1x Plains
3x Prairie Stream
4x Windswept Heath
2x Yavimaya Coast

Sorcery (1)
1x Bring to Light

Creature (25)
4x Bounding Krasis
4x Deathmist Raptor
4x Den Protector
4x Harbinger of the Tides
3x Kytheon, Hero of Akros
2x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2x Rattleclaw Mystic
2x Woodland Bellower

Instant (7)
3x Collected Company
2x Scatter to the Winds
2x Valorous Stance

Planeswalker (2)
2x Kiora, Master of the Depths

Sideboard
1x Clash of Wills
2x Disdainful Stroke
1x Dispel
3x Dromoka's Command
2x Hallowed Moonlight
2x Negate
1x Reality Shift
1x Silkwrap
2x Surge of Righteousness

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 28, 2015

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Saw this over at SCG and it looks kinda sweet.

code:
Creatures (31)

3 Butcher of the Horde
    2 Chasm Guide
    3 Deathmist Raptor
    3 Den Protector
    2 Firemantle Mage
    2 Fleshbag Marauder
    3 Grim Haruspex
    2 Merciless Executioner
    3 Nantuko Husk
    4 Siege Rhino
    1 Smothering Abomination
    3 Liliana, Heretical Healer

Lands (23)

2 Forest
    1 Mountain
    1 Plains
    1 Swamp
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Canopy Vista
    2 Cinder Glade
    2 Llanowar Wastes
    1 Nomad Outpost
    3 Sandsteppe Citadel
    2 Smoldering Marsh
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills

Spells (7)

3 Rally the Ancestors
    4 Gather the Pack

Sideboard
    3 Arashin Cleric
    1 Fleshbag Marauder
    2 Minister of Pain
    2 Crackling Doom
    2 Dromoka's Command
    2 Valorous Stance
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    2 Roast
Not sure it ifs better than the ally rally, but being able to midrange people and not only be a combo deck seems fine.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I play this

2x Grim Haruspex
3x Fleshbag Marauder
1x Merciless Executioner
3x Husk
4x Blisterpod
4x Zulaport Cuthroat
2x Sultai emmisary
1x Carrier thrall
1x Catacomb Sifter
3 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
4 Siege Rhino

4 Rally the Ancestors
3 Collected Company

2 Evolutionary Leap

4 llanowar Wastes
1 Plains
3 Swamp
4 Forest
4 Sandsteppe citadel
2 Windswept heath
2 Canopy Vista
2 caves

4x Hangerback
4x Azban Charm
2x Greenwarden
1x Woodland Bellower
1x Fleshbag Maureder
1x Merciless Executioner
1x Whisperwood Elemental
1x Get 2x Basic

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is there a reason to split between Merciless Executioner and Fleahbag Mauruder now?

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
There's at least one; Infinite Obliteration is legal.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I've been working on a similar list that probably more akin to an Aristocrats build (despite the name) than going for Rally.

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

There's at least one; Infinite Obliteration is legal.

Not a bad idea, actually.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Here's what I'll probably be sleeving up, after trying a Bring to Light brew that rolled over to Jace. Only thing I don't like is the manabase, but I think the white splash is worth it. Kytheon can flip quickly with the token makers, and Dromoka's Command is a great answer to cards like Radiant Flames.

Deck: Untitled Deck

//Main
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Abbot of Keral Keep
3 Zurgo Bellstriker
3 Kytheon, Hero of Akros
4 Makindi Sliderunner
4 Atarka's Command
4 Wild Slash
4 Exquisite Firecraft
4 Hordeling Outburst
4 Dragon Fodder
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Cinder Glade
1 Canopy Vista
4 Windswept Heath
4 Battlefield Forge
1 Plains
5 Mountain
1 Forest

//Sideboard
3 Valorous Stance
4 Roast
2 Arc Lightning
4 Dromoka's Command
2 Seeker of the Way

Display deck statistics

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
This is the jeskai deck I am probably going to be bringing to this weekends pptq.

Deck: 4 color jeskai

//Spells
4 Crackling Doom
2 Dig Through Time
2 Exquisite Firecraft
2 Hordeling Outburst
2 Jeskai Charm
3 Ojutai's Command
3 Valorous Stance
4 Wild Slash

//Creatures
2 Dragonlord Ojutai
4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 Mantis Rider
3 Soulfire Grand Master

Display deck statistics

Lands are still being figured out.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I want to try out Akoum Firebird in a Jeskai deck. More 3/3 Hasty fliers is nice even if it costs one more.

Sickening posted:

This is the jeskai deck I am probably going to be bringing to this weekends pptq.

Lands are still being figured out.

Honestly, I would probably try for Fiery Impulse over Wild Slash in this environment. A lot of people are going to be leaning on Mantis Riders and Deathmist Raptors these first few weekends, and being able to nuke them with a one mana spell will likely be more useful than the incidental Wild Slash-to-the-face-finisher.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

bhsman posted:

I've been working on a similar list that probably more akin to an Aristocrats build (despite the name) than going for Rally.

Not a bad idea, actually.

Not sure if this is an error but your deck has access to BWG and isn't playing siege rhino. Seems bad.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

AlternateNu posted:

I want to try out Akoum Firebird in a Jeskai deck. More 3/3 Hasty fliers is nice even if it costs one more.

Honestly, I would probably try for Fiery Impulse over Wild Slash in this environment. A lot of people are going to be leaning on Mantis Riders and Deathmist Raptors these first few weekends, and being able to nuke them with a one mana spell will likely be more useful than the incidental Wild Slash-to-the-face-finisher.

Fiery impulse doesn't kill mantis rider very efficiently at all by turn 3. Spell power just isn't that efficiently turned on with any jeskai deck to make it reliable enough. Yes under perfect conditions it can happen, but that isn't what you plan around.

Damage to the dome can't be ignored either.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bugsy posted:

Saw this over at SCG and it looks kinda sweet.

Not sure it ifs better than the ally rally, but being able to midrange people and not only be a combo deck seems fine.

I like the Butcher adds. It makes Just get to 6 mana and you can still be swinging for big hits hastily.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Hardened Bant

1 Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
3 Avatar of the Resolute
3 Deathmist Raptor
4 Den Protector
4 Hangarback Walker
3 Managorger Hydra
3 Servant of the Scale
4 Skyrider Elf

3 Dromoka's Command
2 Stubborn Denial
2 Treasure Cruise
2 Valorous Stance
4 Hardened Scales

2 Canopy Vista
1 Cinder Glade
4 Flooded Strand
6 Forest
1 Island
1 Lumbering Falls
1 Plains
2 Prairie Stream
4 Windswept Heath

Everything costs <=3 with the exception of bigger Skyrider Elves and bad Treasure Cruises. Despite that, I get to beat face until the opponent dies with Skyrider Elf being the lynchpin of the deck since there will be so many fliers in the new meta. The major point is that each creature is good on its own and just becomes ridiculous with Scales out.

The mana base is obviously a work in progress. Though, I'm still debating whether I need drop forests for Yavimaya Coast just for mana consistency's sake.

Other cards I'm considering:
Undergrowth Champion - Everyone is bonkers about this card, but only running 22 lands makes it a shaky top deck. And it is best when blocking which I don't plan on doing much of.
Evolutionary Leap - Keeps me from running out of gas against removal-heavy decks. And has neat synergy with Servant of the Scale.
Endless One - If I was going heavier into 4 or 5 color, I would definitely have 4 of these in just to have another reliable creature. I'm not sure how good on-curve (or vanilla above-curve) drops are in the format.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

AlternateNu posted:

Hardened Bant
I was brewing a mono green version of this but I really like the look of yours. I built a stupid GWb lifegain deck that I'll post later, but I might build this and bring it to draft tonight to test.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

AlternateNu posted:

Hardened Bant

1 Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
3 Avatar of the Resolute
3 Deathmist Raptor
4 Den Protector
4 Hangarback Walker
3 Managorger Hydra
3 Servant of the Scale
4 Skyrider Elf

3 Dromoka's Command
2 Stubborn Denial
2 Treasure Cruise
2 Valorous Stance
4 Hardened Scales

2 Canopy Vista
1 Cinder Glade
4 Flooded Strand
6 Forest
1 Island
1 Lumbering Falls
1 Plains
2 Prairie Stream
4 Windswept Heath

Everything costs <=3 with the exception of bigger Skyrider Elves and bad Treasure Cruises. Despite that, I get to beat face until the opponent dies with Skyrider Elf being the lynchpin of the deck since there will be so many fliers in the new meta. The major point is that each creature is good on its own and just becomes ridiculous with Scales out.

The mana base is obviously a work in progress. Though, I'm still debating whether I need drop forests for Yavimaya Coast just for mana consistency's sake.

Other cards I'm considering:
Undergrowth Champion - Everyone is bonkers about this card, but only running 22 lands makes it a shaky top deck. And it is best when blocking which I don't plan on doing much of.
Evolutionary Leap - Keeps me from running out of gas against removal-heavy decks. And has neat synergy with Servant of the Scale.
Endless One - If I was going heavier into 4 or 5 color, I would definitely have 4 of these in just to have another reliable creature. I'm not sure how good on-curve (or vanilla above-curve) drops are in the format.

I'm testing ideas for a g/w list for the Atlanta open, skyrider elf seems good though. I'm not a fan of raptor in this deck, I like the more synergistic aggressive cards instead, it's just too grindy. Managorger hydra is insane if left alone. I'm going to be trying undergrowth champion myself, in a 23 land version with 8 fetches.

I also think evolutionary leap can be nuts like you mentioned so I'm trying it. Great synergy with servant and walker. I'm curious how your testing goes to find out if adding blue is worth it or if the manabase ends up hurting things. Anafenza seems hard to cast turn 2.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

rear end Catchcum posted:

Not sure if this is an error but your deck has access to BWG and isn't playing siege rhino. Seems bad.

I'll just have to live with that mistake forums user rear end Catchcum.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Is not having Act of Treason anywhere in that Aristocrats deck an oversight or intentional?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

Is not having Act of Treason anywhere in that Aristocrats deck an oversight or intentional?

Maybe as a sideboard card, but honestly I'm strapped for maindeck room as those Ascendancies will likely become Siege Rhinos at some point.

EDIT: I also wouldn't hate Yasova, depending on how well Evolutionary Leap works out.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Since someone has mentioned GW and Bant Hardened Scales, I will show off the Abzan Scales deck I am trying to make, which is less synergistic and more of a beat-face kind of deck.
Sideboard is kind-of threw together right now. Mainboard is pretty much glutted with too many 3 drops but I can't seem to find what to cut, but in testing the deck is promising. Also trying to fit CoCo into the deck, but Hangarback and CoCo seems too not work well together for obvious reasons.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hardened-abs-zan-deck/

Creature (29)
2x Abzan Falconer
3x Ainok Bond-Kin
3x Anafenza, the Foremost
2x Avatar of the Resolute
3x Den Protector
3x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
3x Hangarback Walker
4x Managorger Hydra
4x Siege Rhino
2x Undergrowth Champion
Land (23)
3x Canopy Vista
2x Forest
4x Llanowar Wastes
2x Plains
4x Sandsteppe Citadel
2x Shambling Vent
2x Swamp
4x Windswept Heath

Instant (5)
3x Abzan Charm
2x Dromoka's Command

Enchantment (3)
3x Hardened Scales

Sideboard (15)
2x Deathmist Raptor
3x Duress
4x Inspiring Call
3x Mastery of the Unseen
3x Surge of Righteousness

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.
I guess my list doesn't have as many creatures as all of your guys', but I really like Woodland Wanderer, he might be worth checking out?

Deck: Hard Abzan

//Land
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
4 Windswept Heath
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Canopy Vista
4 Forest
2 Plains

//Spells
2 Retreat to Kazandu
3 Valorous Stance
4 Hardened Scales
4 Dromoka's Command
4 Abzan Charm
4 Feat of Resistance
2 Stasis Snare

//Creature
4 Hangarback Walker
4 Woodland Wanderer
4 Managorger Hydra
3 Den Protector

[url= http://deckstats.net/decks/16969/329072-hard-abzan ] Display deck statistics[/url]

YoshiStomper fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 29, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I don't even know where I'm going with this one. I'm sure at some point See the Unwritten was a thing, but then dumb ol' Shaman can't use it.

Deck: All-in Temur Ramp

//Creatures
4 Rattleclaw Mystic
4 Savage Knuckleblade
4 Shaman of Forgotten Ways
4 Thunderbreak Regent
3 Icefall Regent
3 Dragonlord Atarka
2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

//Planeswalker
3 Kiora, Master of the Depths
1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer

//Spells
1 Temur Charm
3 Stubborn Denial
3 Draconic Roar
1 Roast

//Lands
4 Frontier Bivouac
2 Lumbering Falls
1 Yavimaya Coast
2 Shivan Reef
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Cinder Glade
1 Sunken Hollow
1 Island
3 Mountain
2 Forest

//Sideboard
3 Disdainful Stroke
1 Stubborn Denial
2 Roast
3 Radiant Flames
1 Dig Through Time
2 Crater's Claws
1 Woodland Bellower
2 Whisperwood Elemental

Display deck statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
This is pretty generic and workman like, but its got a pretty nice removal package and some serious tricep meat.

Deck: Mardu Dragons

//Creatures
4 Hangarback Walker
3 Soulfire Grand Master
3 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 Thunderbreak Regent
2 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury

//Planeswalkers
2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
2 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited

//Spells