Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

oh jay posted:

Still working on Season 1, but I just saw the King gently caress a girl out a window and I had to pause I was laughing so hard.

This show is a loving masterpiece.

That was the best episode. The King and Queen of France having to dispose of the dead Duchess Henry just hosed out of a window and being terrible at it.
"How do we get the blood out ?"
"I don't know, the servants take dirty clothes and they come back clean !"

"Here, the note the poor girl wrote confessing her guilt before she jumped"
"But Highness, she was illiterate"

In the end it did bring them closer together as only covering up murder can and set up Henry's spiral into murderous insanity as he stood by the window and relived the moment.

There was also some blog on historical costuming that had an aneurysm as everyone in Mary's crew wore period dresses but from completely different periods. In the same scene. I'm sure they did it on purpose as much as the string quartet playing Lorde's 'Royals' at a party and the King ordering everyone to never again mention some crazy made up historical stuff.

One thing I hope to see is more for Lola to do. Anna Popplewell was not given a lot to work with but gave it 100%. I kind of want to see the show with her as Mary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Senerio posted:

I liked the episode. Mary and the noble was a fun power struggle.

He really should have thought a little more about what he said before explaining how one more dead plague victim would not be noticed by anyone. Even though no one of note died they did not shy away from the horrors of the plague and how the famine will follow. Lots of chances for ambitious folk to make grabs for power.

Good to see Glaber show up as the noble showing up the the king's camp, he's still got that mad glimmer in his eyes.

• Locked thread