Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Please teach me how to play this game, I love it so much but I suck so bad :negative:

One of the most important things to remember is that it's not a race. It's tempting to just run out there and start wrecking mooks, but that'll lead you to overextending. Spend some time at the start of a mission fortifying the areas around your starting bases, taking over forts and outposts. If you get a warning that a nearby base is in trouble and it's close to your home base, then you should peel off and take care of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh yeah, my NNID is FistfulOfDice. Let's be Nintendo buddies!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Goddamnit 5 loving seconds too long to get the level 2 Nagitana. :argh:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Star Guarded posted:

Oh my god, Impa's naginata weapon.

Never stop comboing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there a way to tilt the odds of certain characters' weapons dropping? I'm drowning in loving Hylan Swords but I'm not getting a lot of other stuff.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

HJE-Cobra posted:

To be fair, Agitha was like the least important character in Twilight Princess

Hell, she was barely a character; she was just a collection quest turn-in.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There is nothing about this I don't love, and now I'm sad we can't just swap movesets between characters.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

The lack of voice acting is killing me when compared to the likes of the DW games themselves, it's only made more painful since the between mission narration is fully voiced!

The last DW game I played was 3 way back in the day; I do kinda miss the bad voice acting. "You're a better warrior than I have heard! :haw:"

HondaCivet posted:

Does anyone else find her pretty disturbing? It's that laugh mostly. And the almost-nakedness. She's like a crazy homeless woman you'd run into while hiking in a forest.

Oh lord yes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

To get a reward in adventure mode do you need to play with the right character? Like if the A rank reward is a heart container for Impa do I need to play as Impa?

Yeah, if the reward has a character icon on it you have to play as that character to earn it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So what are some good stages for grinding weapons? I've been doing Valley of Seers/Sorceress of the Valley since it's pretty easy, has a lot of forts, and two guaranteed weapon drops that I know of.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bonzibuddy64 posted:

If you complete the first Skulltula illustration, you unlock an awesome "Rewards Map" seperate from the Adventure Mode map. The first mission in the Rewards Map is really, really good for farming weapons, materials, EXP, rupees, and unsealing skills on weapons. The monsters are super easy for any character to kill and the 6 generals start off neutral and surrounded by enemies, and since they're neutral they won't go lower than 1%. So you can just farm around 1000 kills for weapons, materials and stuff, then go recruit a general, kill the other 5 super fast since they're at 1% hp, get their silver/gold materials or weapons, and kill the boss. Every time you clear it you get a 40k rupee bonus, and if you have a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+ on it and a potion from the apothecary you can get really good weapon drops. It's my favorite mission for just fuckin' around and lazily killing stuff, stress-free.

Good to know, even though I'm a ways away from that (I only just unlocked Zelda since I'm trying to take things slow and chip away at Adventure Mode).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Here's my baby, level-23-with-only-Darunia-and-Midna-unlocked Adventure Mode stages I've played on so far. The one left of the starting square I really looked for that heart piece for awhile, but I need a break. I think I'm going to focus on Legend Mode and just make sure to get all those heart pieces, containers and skulltulae. I'm sure this, my personal gaming experience has been interesting to all.

Wow, using Excel to track Adventure Mode stuff is a very cool idea. Any chance you could share that?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Sure, it's a Google doc, so I guess I can just make it open for viewing and copying. Hang on a sec and let me share it with the address I use for SA. :ninja:

edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SdMZ7KpqnIJJI7s0moE8dYx2pailkrPyckADGW5okp0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks! You should fill that in with all the rewards and upload it to GameFaqs or something.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, Adventure mode gets rough quick if you don't take time to get better weapons. Just doing Zelda's mission for the baton and I was nickle-and-dime-ing bosses. Whole thing probably took twice as long as it should have.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Huh, that's strange. I just did a Network Link quest that looked like it was going to give me the level 1 8-Bit Sword, but I completed the mission and didn't get it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

You get the 8-bit sword in Legend Mode, the final battle with Cia right before the one where you first play as Ganondorf

Yeah, I know that. I'm just wondering why it was offering it to me in Adventure Mode. I was all excited that I was gonna get it early. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Some people have been posting info on the Master Quest DLC on tumblr. Zelda gets a Hilda skin, and Ruto gets one based on Lulu from Majora's Mask (the singer of the Zora band).

I also found Cia's origin.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Any pics yet?

Yeah, a few. I also found a few others.

Of course now I can't find the Hilda skin. :argh:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dastardly posted:

Well he does get a purple tunic (this miiverse guy is amazing by the way). The dark Darunia is based on some concept artwork I think.

The incredible art people are capable of generating with just a WiiU touchpad never ceases to amaze me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, the special is kind of cool visually but it seems like it takes forever to go away. If they cut out Lana patting the tree (???) then it would be way more bearable to me.

It doesn't seem to have a lot of range, either. I feel like I'm only hitting like 10 guys with it no matter how surrounded I am.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mayheim posted:

I wish there was a button to send network links away, I don't really want to do a level 80 missions for a bronze material item.

Do a few other missions. I had a level 99 Link I didn't want to deal with, I did some other tiles instead and he went away.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just so I'm clear, this is the breakdown of what Sheik's elemental songs do:

No element: A simple damaging explosion.
Water (bS): Generates a shield that absorbs a set amount of damage.
Fire (bbS): Creates a field in front of Sheik that explodes after a second.
Thunder (bbbS): Wide damage field around Sheik for a few seconds.
Darkness (bbbbS): Summons a "black hole" that sucks enemies in.
Light (bbbbbS): Creates a field that refills your special (yellow) meter while you're in it.

Right?

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 3, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I really wish I hadn't picked the Zelda play style because I have to convert everything people type into "basic attack" and "strong attack."

I edited my post, using "b" for basic and "S" for strong. Does that help?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of which, there's no way to regen magic except by grabbing pickups, is there?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Goddamn it game, start dropping weapons with powers higher than 88 for character other than Link! :argh:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I managed to beat Legend mode and unlock the first Rewards map.

Unfortunately, I'm at that weird point where I need better weapons to unlock better weapons. I really loving wish you could just upgrade weapon strength instead of relying on drops.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

greatn posted:

What do the stars do exactly?

Each star is +8 damage.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ahaha gently caress Daruina's level 2 mission.

"Allied base is in danger! We can't remember how our weapons work!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, but it'd still be nice to be able to turn my back on a base for five seconds without it being overrun.

I guess I just need to do some Legend Mode maps on hard mode for some better gear drops before I try tackling more of the map.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

What's your least favorite enemy captain to fight? Mines Dinolfos

Aeralfos because you have to wait for them to land to do any real damage, ReDeads because of the stun field, and any huge boss because you have to wait for them to decide to reveal their weak points.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

Use the hookshot on them while they're in the air. :ssh:

I know you can do that, but the problem I have is that they don't stay down. That and...

Regy Rusty posted:

ReDeads are the absolute easiest enemies. You just stay out of their stun field, lob bombs, and then whack them when they land. I'm always thrilled to see a million ReDeads because they're an absolute breeze.

I always forget that I have items except when I have to deal with big bosses or Beamos.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Plus the game hasn't been out long enough to really say anything about a sequel.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, did you know that one of the possible end-of-mission rewards for helping a network Link can be a normal bronze material? :haw:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The biggest problem I had with the last Ganon fight was the gap between skidding to a halt when running from his charge and being able to fire the arrows. There was a lot of "run to avoid everything, his weak spot glows, stop and fire, and miss because his head moved or the weak point stopped glowing" going on.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bruceski posted:

The great thing about BBY is that it stops at the perfect distance to Y-charge up to it and hit Y again to blow the thing up for massive AoE damage. Be sure to blow up BBBBY cubes as well.

You can blow up her single shocking tower, too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, I cannot get the hang on Minda. She's just all over the bloody place.

On the plus side, I A'd a bunch of maps tonight, got three level 2 weapons, and unlocked Agatha. Now I just have to decide if I want to go for the summoning gate or try to unlock more of the map.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Epona video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCF3Ut5h9Ug

e: also Cia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h93GmDAjRU

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 7, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hell, I haven't even gotten +Bomb...it's all Strength (roman numeral), +Element, or +Rupees/Mats/Hearts/Slots. How do you get those skills?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

So wait, I got the first full illustration using the first two skulltulas from Hard Mode... Aren't I supposed to unlock some kind of a grinding LEVEL UP HERE map or scenario or something?

It should be a new option under "Adventure Mode". It's a map that has every named character on it as bad guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I found it. I tried it as Ruto, playing her for the first time, and totally flopped, then managed to clear it (with a C for damage and a B for time), but I didn't particularly notice that I leveled a ton. I think I gained a total of two levels and about the normal amount of rupees, although the materials rewards dropped from killing all of the good guys were quite nice. :D

I'm still in the early 30s for levels though, which I don't feel like is going to be good enough for adventure mode.

I think it's not so much for leveling as it is for rare character drops.

And I've done a ton of stuff at level 30 in Adventure Mode. It's kinda more dependent on your weapon level than your character level.

• Locked thread