Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

LordHippoman posted:

Oh, something that everyone should know for Adventure Mode.

On any maps where "all attacks are devastating", use the Bow for everything. It one shots even enemy captains, and there's a medal for completing a map using only items. Easiest to get here.

If you have Zelda's Wind Waker, it's actually way better than the bow. The strong attack by itself (no combo) will clear entire rooms. It also has virtually no start up time and can be dodge-cancelled.

Just Andi Now fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a trick to the level 2 baton unlock map or do I just need to get a better weapon/level up Zelda some more? I barely do poo poo to the commanders which eats up so much time, it's frustrating. I don't even care about this weapon I just need A rank to unlock the great fairy map. :(

Haven't actually beat it yet, but I came really close (took a little too much damage). I'd go after Wizzro ASAP (he ends up in the middle near your base at the start of the battle) then take care of the rogue forces to keep your allied base from falling (what stopped me last time).

Wizzro, Volga, and Ghirahim all deal shittons of damage, so avoid getting hit at all costs.

The best move for crowd-clearing for me is BBBBY (I think that's the one. Maybe one more B).

I try to juggle the commanders using BBY to help build up the special attack, but Zelda does a lot more damage with the weak-point break attack, so being patient is probably better. It takes like 20+ reps of the BBY combo to kill a commander.

For reference, my Zelda is around level 45. (Also to clarify, I'm using the level 1 Wind Waker.)

Just Andi Now fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I did one of those. Was it Sheik plus a bunch of Dinolfos? I was using L50-or-so Lana with the spear and had to spam the slingshot to kill the Dinolfos because they kept getting cheap hits for lots of damage. My reward was a Tier-3 Rod that wasn't better than the last one I got. :(

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

It doesn't seem to have a lot of range, either. I feel like I'm only hitting like 10 guys with it no matter how surrounded I am.

I mainly use it to deal damage to captains and bosses, since it's one gigantic hit. I'm not sure how it compares to other attacks, though, since Lana's been consistently my highest level character. I have managed to kill 35 at most with it.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Yeah, just go straight for Wizzro, then go for Ghirahim, then take some keeps and clear your 1200 KOs and go for the other lizalfos commander. You don't actually need to take out Volga if you don't want to because he's going to be occupied fighting the other army and commanders. I didn't have too much trouble taking him out while he was fighting the other captains, though.

This is lie. I left Volga alone and he ended up taking my keep while I was taking on Ghirahim.

• Locked thread