Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Wait, what do NNIDs do with Adventure Mode?

Whatever it is, sign me up. Add me at "Kaubocks" if you want to party and do hard drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm on the thought that Lana, Cia, and Agitha definitely feel a little out of place but it's less that they're ~anime~ (game's already hella anime) and more that they're just not Zelda characters and they stick out more than they should as a result.

I mean Impa's design in this game is mega anime but it doesn't really faze me because I just go "oh it's just good ol' Impa". Meanwhile Agitha kinda bugs me a bit (pun not intended) because I don't have that "oh it's just good ol' Agitha" connection with her.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oh poo poo she's a Zelda character?

I gave up on Twilight Princess an hour in without ever hitting the first dungeon. My bad.

I know about Zant though at least. :shobon:

edit: wait maybe zant is a skyward sword character I don't even loving know anymore

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Why are you guys talking about rumors and gamefaqs whispers regarding skulltullas? The game specifically tells you exactly what the requirements are for each skulltulla in every level.

To clarify, go to "Warrior Info" (I think) in the preparations menu.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

greatn posted:

What's so great about the Naginata? It doesn't feel nearly as good as the Giant's knife. What am I missing?

YYYYX is almost as good at crowd clearing as the water ball attack but IMO the Naginata's special weapon is way better.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Legends mode you can get Heart Pieces/Containers for both capping optional keeps and finding secrets (bombing boulders, etc) on the map.

EDIT: Huh, you guys sure? Could have sworn I've gotten Pieces from both keeps and secrets.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yo like three posts after that after everyone called me out I admitted I had no idea Agitha was a Zelda character because I never played Twilight Princess hence why she feels so out of place to me not because of how she's designed but because I have no attachment to the character in a Zelda References: The Game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I tried Midna for the first time last night. She feels kinda odd but also I'm not entirely sure what her extra meter is. Is she just more powerful temporarily after you grab an enemy?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I was playing the game last night and because I'm a huge idiot who loves wasting time I spent a bunch of time not playing Legends or Adventure and instead just going into Free Mode and grinding out some of the "Kill X Enemies" skills on weapons. I could just play the other modes to unlock better weapons but w/e.

Anyway, on one of my Fire Rods I got Bombs+ which says it powers up bombs when you kill enemies. After futzing around with it for like 2 minutes before going to bed, I didn't really see it do anything. Anyone know how it works?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I added 13 people to my friends list last night but didn't see anything different on the Adventure Mode map. How do I tell when there's a network link? I would love some crazy weapons. Do I need to unlock more of the map?

I'm still only like 5-6 levels into Legends Mode. :v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You have to enable network functions in the options, it's off by default for some reason.

Oh jesus, thanks. Don't think I'd have ever noticed that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Did my first network link battle today. One around level 60 popped up on my map. My highest leveled character is around 20. "Eh," I say. "I can manage." I mean the game is pretty easy already, right? I pick Sheik, put on my best weapon, and go to town.

gently caress

It starts out with three people I need to rescue on the opposite side of the map and I need to fight through a couple keeps to get there. The first keep I come up against has a Darknut and a Dinolfos. Hadn't seen one of those yet. I'm not sure when he hit me but after a bit I looked at my health meter and I realized I was at literally a quarter of a heart left. I back off, heal up, and plow through. I rescue all three guys, but wait! The entirety of Cia's forces are heading towards Link back at the allied keep! I book it entirely across the map again, catch up, and realize that Link is currently being accosted by no less than four Aeralfos, two Dinolfos, and a Darknut. This entire time a summoner has been summoning waves and waves and waves of Stalchildren and Stalfos surrounding me and I haven't had time to kill him because I'm hustling super hard. I eventually save Link and Cia's fortress opens up.

After a 10-minute fight with Cia where I very slowly whittle down her pools and pools of health, I finally come out on top. :staredog:

It was by far the hardest battle I've had this entire time but at least I have four new powerful weapons to show for it. That and Sheik gained like 6 levels.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I unlocked Darunia.

On a completely unrelated note Darunia loving owns.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

nah I'm good

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hit home, open web browser, go to https://i.nintendo.net and upload to your site of choice. Alternatively upload to Miiverse and save the image on your computer from there.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

alternatively make Zelda just like Kid Icarus

make every game like Kid Icarus tia

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I used quite a bit of spear Lana last night and I think it's... okay? Overall it's pretty sluggish but it has some good crowd clearing abilities in her standard attack combo and in YYYYX (I think? It's the one where she pulls out the leaf and blows everyone away.).

My biggest complaint is the special on it is just so underwhelming it's not fun to use.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I unlocked Fi last night. She sure sucks poo poo as a character but owns bones as a fighter.

CHARGE UP AND SPIN FOREVER

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

yo these adventure mode missions where you run through an empty map to fight just 2-3 officers in a keep kinda suck poo poo and makes the pretty lousy weak point system really stand out

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

People pausing the game and/or making saves are chumps. :colbert:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Aeralfos because you have to wait for them to land to do any real damage, ReDeads because of the stun field, and any huge boss because you have to wait for them to decide to reveal their weak points.

Use the hookshot on them while they're in the air. :ssh:

Also Lizalfos/Dinofos suck poo poo.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since probably 4 back in high school. Been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors but I have to say the one thing I don't like about the game (aside from lack of voice acting) is the "wait for the weak point to open up, capitalize on it quickly". How do the other Warriors games handle fighting officers?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

guys I have a problem I can't stop using darunia

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just unlocked Zelda recently and tried out her Rapier and I am of the opinion that it feels very stiff and I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Tips?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yuki Akuma posted:

Press Y to charge it up. When it's charged up, spam Y at the end of combo chains to do more attacks.

XXXYY is good for taking out lots of enemies, I find. You can aim the arrow barrage separately from the charge if you tilt the stick in another direction.

I tended to get smacked a lot for trying that move.

I dunno, I didn't toy with her much because I immediately took her into one of her Adventure stages where she has to fend off a bunch of officers so that didn't go over well. Ignoring those none of her moves really clicked with me.

She probably just isn't gonna be my playstyle tbh. Looking forward to unlocking Ganondorf.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Are there places that have two elemental keeps but only one elemental fairy? I remember encountering that in Adventure Mode back when I was attempting it with my babby level 20s, but things were so hectic that I'm probably making it up.

I did a network link last night with one darkness fairy and three darkness keeps.

It would have been manageable but I wasted the fairy on a keep before realizing the enemy base was also a darkness keep. Then my ally (Darunia) decided to charge head first into the enemy base to fight Lana so I had to run in and protect him. :arghfist::saddowns:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I work so much overtime I'm never going to have time to play all this DLC. :negative:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bloodly posted:

Just means you can stretch it out longer.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

There's a month off from DLC in December! (Boo!)

Between the base game of Hyrule Warriors, all the DLC, Tropical Freeze that I bought on sale and still haven't touched, Bayonetta 2 coming out at the end of this month coming with a copy of Bayonetta 1 that I've never played, Smash 4 Wii U probably coming out sometime this year, and the first bit of Mario Kart DLC coming out in November...

rip me

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I unlocked Ganondorf last night. Used him. Should I be posting here? I feel like I should be in hiding. I think I broke one of the treaties of the Geneva Convention. :stare:

That being said does he have a solid move for draining weak points? It took me a few cycles to fight the giant bosses on his first stage.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Just did Link's level 3 gauntlets quest

...at least the mission was fun to play. Don't mind trying again.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I unlocked Link's level 3 gauntlets last night and I just want to reiterate that stage is super fun to play, though it doesn't hurt that the gauntlets are fun to use. Just right off the bat you're under siege from poes everywhere. I really enjoyed unlocking the gauntlets, even if it did take about three tries.

I also unlocked Ghirahim and tried him once. He's... weird. I'm not really sure I understand the tether thing he has going on. Also I'm pretty sure the only thing worth doing with him is the combo where he rises up and slams into the ground. That and liberally dodge cancelling because holy poo poo he loves adding flair to his attacks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I never really cared for Ruto after I unlocked her. ...until last night when I tried her level 2 weapon quest and she clicked for me.

Tidal waves forever.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh no I just tried Ghirahim's level 2 weapon quest and it turns out he's really fun too though that Cucco that shows up early in the mission can get hosed

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeah once I ran halfway across the map and realized he was hot on my tail the whole time, I came to the same conclusion. If anything, having a swarm of Cuccos around me for the whole map made it easy to hit the 1200 KO requirement. :v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Any word on what kind of challenges are going to be in the Master Quest adventure map? I'm holding off on getting the DLC pack just yet because while I would love all this extra content, I am loving SICK of quiz battles and "defeat X enemies in Y minutes while avoiding a horde of Gohmas" missions.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I would much rather do the same old same old adventure battles (I got into this game expecting mad repetition) more than I want to fight both Wizzro and Volga at the same time solo where I'm only allowed to kill a specific one and neither will GET OFF MY FUCKIN rear end

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Someone buy the DLC today, please, and tell me if the new Adventure Mode map still has terrible quiz battles and whatnot.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dunban posted:

Only did the first Master Quest Adventure Mode mission so far. In it, you need to rack up as many KOs as possible in a set amount of time and killing officers and bosses spawns more reinforcements. Basically it's an improved version of the "Kill x enemies in 10 minutes" missions.

Were giant bosses spawning hot on your rear end forcing you to run away because they take too much time to kill?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alacron posted:

I don't know why you guys all have such hate boners for quiz battles, they're great for farming materials.

Because they suck poo poo. I don't feel like the game mechanics work AT ALL for 1-on-1 combat, especially when you're actively trying to not hit someone else that is also attacking you.

Last night I did a level 99 network link. I was immediately under siege with four Dinolfos INSIDE MY ALLIED BASE and I spent 15 minutes straight battling them and their souped-up level-99 health with my under-level-50 Darunia. It was great. I wasn't forced to avoid hurting anyone. When my special meter or health was getting low, I could pound on mooks to bring those back up. I felt like I was actually accomplishing things.

Quiz battles and grinding for materials are loving boring and I don't care about either of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So what's the trick to using Zelda's baton? It seems kinda... weak. Also I'm terrible at the mission to unlock her level 2 baton, so tips for that would be great.

• Locked thread