Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Anyone having trouble downloading the Ganondorf costumes? I get an error with Paper Mario every time. Luckily it doesn't use up the To Do List option.
Says something about site maintenance. Is Paper Mario trying to bullshit me???????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
My NNID is Dionysian

I'm sure Widestancers miiverse posts are totally fine and normal

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I posted how to play her before. She's not awful and neither is the deku spear. i swear to god not having a custom av is like a curse.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You should also just mash Y with Ruto for the easiest Giant Boss weakness gauge killer in the game. She's extremely good.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Brackhar posted:

I call foul sir! The little ? next to your post tells me you've only posted 5 times, and none of those posts have mentioned either her or the Deku spear outside of this one.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You were asking about Ruto. You don't aim with her. She's basically a mobile AOE damage field with fins. Well, you do aim her standard Y. Basically wait until the bar glows. That means you have minimum two charges of waves. If you send out two waves minimum, you'll automatically send out a special huge wave afterwards. Her waves are extremely strong. I instantly weakness broke a Gibdoh with one wave for example.

It was from another thread but it don't matter. looks like i win this posting game brackhar

oh and Zant is loving nuts

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
With Agatha you can just YX over and over again against enemy generals if you want an extremely easy if slightly inefficient kill

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If you're having a hard time punishing weak points, especially for Wizrro, hit someone with an arrow before you start walking up to them. The arrow stun is lengthy when used as the first hit, so it should give you enough time. The only attack it doesn't work well against is Volga's single hit spear slam. It has the fastest recovery of any weak point move in the game, so he'll recovery while the arrow is in mid-flight.

People talk about how the items are worthless but they aren't. I'm probably going to get ignored again

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The trident makes sense. Also it gives him some diversity since he already has a slashy slashy weapon, and they could make the trident stabby stabby

Kaubocks posted:

I just unlocked Zelda recently and tried out her Rapier and I am of the opinion that it feels very stiff and I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Tips?

Press X. You see those orbs? Those are X ender modifiers. Essentially Zelda has two different sets of X moves depending on whether she has orbs or not. Typically the orb moveset is better but her basic X enders are pretty good too. She's not as straight forward as other characters because of this. With orbs you can burst out of any combo without doing a super by pressing an attack button, as long as you have an orb.

If you're pressed and can't risk charging in the middle of a fight, finishing your Y string and letting her spin the rapier gives you one orb.

She's not Ganondorf. You need to unlock and practice all the moves if you want to get the most out of her.

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 5, 2014

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Hey whats up with the Adventure Mode mission in that lake fortress the holds a water bomb? I have an A rank in th adjacent mission and used the raft but it didn't unlock.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
yea i just did it

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

HJE-Cobra posted:

Woo, I unlocked Zelda's rank 2 baton, Link's last weapon, and Link's rank 3 sword. Gonna unlock Zant later today, and then I'll have all the characters at least. But there's still so much to do on this adventure map...

That free DLC pack comes out in like a week, doesn't it? I'll never finish this game.

Just to make things clear, the first DLC pack is not free. What is free is a patch that unlocks Cia, Volga, and Wizzro. However, if you buy the first DLC you get a new Adventure Mode map (Master Quest remix of Zelda 1) which has stages meant for the three new villains, the new Epona weapon for Link, and some new costumes and recolors.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm glad someone posted some ZP so I can have some epic lmaos

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You need to unlock all other weapons and tiers of weapons and then get that many kills to unlock that skill.

BTW a similar skill is available for all other weapons as a random drop

Good luck out there!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You can also use Zelda's wind waker X if you want to unlock Baton skills in the same fashion.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
25,000 kills to unlock Evil's Bane is really obnoxious

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I beat that level at 40 with Agitha. Just run away and use YYX and YYYYX a bunch. It's not really that hard.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Then maybe I'm a god?????????

I used a 4 star weapon with Light+, Strength 3, and Strength 5. I also beat it on my first try with both Heart Pieces, but tbf I only had 5 seconds left at 14:55. It really isn't that hard.

Oh if a Dino exposes it weakpoint I usually rush in and do YX dash cancel YX. You can loop two on generals if you time it right. That helped too.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Yea the cuccos fighting is basically a red herring. Just ignore them.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Agitha is meant to be the worst character of the cast. Whether you think that's good design is up for debate.

Zant is extremely good though. He benefits heavily from Strong Attack and Darkness skills so make sure to always have them. He is however the worst at Giant Boss weakness proccing, even worse than Agitha. If you're fighting other PC's just use YX like every other character. You just have to remember to spend your psycho meter pretty much every time after you get the weakness super.

You can also take advantage of his bugged super spin if anything gives you too much trouble, though it isn't great against giant bosses.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There all new stage types

That said they also have secondary restrictions like no blocking and don't get hit

You aren't ready

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The weapon i want most is Agitha using the Magic Armor like the Juggernaut

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You roll into enemy generals to destroy their weakpoints

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The Phantom Armor

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I don't think they're going to make any Oracles references myself

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

The only missions I have left on the OG Adventure Map is in the top left corner of the map blocked off by Zant's Level 3 and Agitha's Level 3.

I'm just going to give up on those forever and start the Master Quest map until I can pump enough rupees into these sad shitstains they call playable characters that they break level 100 and come back to them.

I'll probably still fail though

because they suck

I beat both those missions at lower than level 40

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
WHERE IS THE TRIDENT NINTENDO?! WHERE?!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
All of the last moves of the powerful versions of summons do hella absurd damage. They're on par or exceed the cucco super for damage.

Problem is they're all blockable or dodgeable.

BUT HERE'S A HANDY HINT

All supers freeze time and cause an initial state of guardbreak. Except Lana's summons don't experience the time freeze. So what you do if you want Twin Fireballs, Bullet Seed, and...I dunno...Cosmo Breaker??? to hit consistently just pop the super just as the moves go off. The moves and the Giant Cucco will hit at the same time and you'll do a lot of burst damage.

Each version means you'll have to time the Cucco slightly differently though. Bullet Seed also requires your opponent be near the corner so the cucco doesn't blow them fully away but if you're positioned properly the damage is crazy. This isn't a requirement for Giant Bosses obviously so they get super torn up.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Zant is honestly so bonkers and awesome that the idea of him having ever been not good kinda baffles me

seriously, dude loving rocks

He was tied for worst character with legit joke character Agitha for the entire games life up until this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
drat 10 whole moblins at once. What an age we live in.

• Locked thread