Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
So with the Koholint map, what characters all get costumes? I'm getting less and less hopeful that Marin gets one at all. :(

On top of that, while most of the costumes are outright palette swaps with no real meaning, which ones actually are based on other characters/designs? Lana's Great Sea costume gives me heavy Terra from FF6 vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Ah, yeah I can see some of those now. I just thought I was getting a lot of really white costumes.

Sad that the DLC characters in this round don't seem to be getting any love costume wise. I'd love for that to change come the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and the ALBW DLC but somehow I highly doubt anything will show up. Not like there wasn't any room for more costumes in the Awakening pack considering all the levels that have zero rewards (and are mostly those goddawful shuffling troops missions) but I guess they ran out of characters to mimic with clothing.

On that note, where did they put the Classic Tunic for Link? I know most of the original DLC costumes ended up in the Adventure maps that correlate to the time period they came from (Which naturally means I'm not getting them till way later) but I haven't seen anything regarding where to reobtain that particular one.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah it kinda sucks that they didn't integrate the DLC characters in a little more or give them any sort of costumes.

Ah well, whenever Hyrule Warriors Ultimate on NX is a thing i'm sure they'll get something then.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

What could they even do for a third round of DLC at this point?

I mean outside of the Oracles and Four Sword arc games they're really kinda out of options unless there's cool stuff in BotW or they decide to give a little more to Skyward Sword and finally give us Groose.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I imagine any further additions are going to be saved for Hyrule Warriors NX.

Well... yeah, they only seem to like doing one season pass per version of the game.

I hope that when we do get the game on NX (Because at this point is there any doubt we're getting one?) we have the ability to either transfer over our save or they give us a new story because I seriously don't wanna play the same legend mode again with minimal changes.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Maple could be a lot of fun.

Have her weapons be her broom/vaccuum/UFO. It'd work.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'm guessing Toon Zelda will be more based off her Spirit Tracks incarnation so maybe she'll be a ghost.

She's gotta be more fun that normal Zelda.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Emalde posted:

Please remember that all of the oracle/minish cap/etc stuff requires a lot of extra legal finagling because Capcom owns the licenses on those characters, which is why we don't have them. it's not because nintendo hates you and your favorite character

yes i know maple is in the lttp gba port, capcom was responsible for the work on that one too

So its one of those Geno from SMRPG situations?

So did Capcom do 4SA on the Gamecube too or did they authorize Vaati's inclusion?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah cuz didn't Capcom (well the Flagship subsidiary that also did the portable Zelda titles for them) also help make Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad? They used the titular mirror and Dark Meta Knight in Triple Deluxe, and Daroach showed up in Mass Attack with no issue. And maple was in ALBW even though she originated in the capcom titles.

I think its more a case of them just not finding use for them or that they were one-off characters.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Emalde posted:

...Irene?

The witch who gave you fast travel wasn't named maple? I swore she was.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. She was Irene. She was very clearly Maple with the serial numbers filed off but she wasn't Maple.

Shows what I know I haven't played ALBW since it was released.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Magic Fountain is easily the most useful skill. I used to keep base technician around just to repair the allied base but now i just fairy nuke everything.

This will easily get me back to where I was on the Wii U version.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Magypsy posted:

Is there like a guide that can tell you how to get the Magic Fountain skill? I can't be bothered trying to figure it out all myself.

Look in the skills for a skill with the description "Magic Meter doesn't deplete" and grind those personality traits (will most likely take a few refreshes and grinding for gratitude crystals so you don't feed it anything that will deplete its stats)

It only lasts for a few minutes at most but its great for cheesing quizzes and defeat all enemy stages.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Tetra seems to be the main target of 'worst character' nowadays.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I used to dread playing as the King but now I can just spam fairy bombs.

This is also true of characters who have low amounts of AoE attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Yuga looks really wierd in this artstyle.

• Locked thread