Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm gonna go through the thread so far and add people, if you get requests from MarquiseMindfang that's why. If you didn't get one, add me if you like!

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Jesus christ, gently caress Agitha's level 3 unlock. I have her at level 75 and it's till not enough to power through. Dinolfos are just stupidly defensive or something I guess, and they swarm you.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

LordHippoman posted:

Has anyone completed the first illustration yet? I've gotten the Skulltulla on every normal mode stage, but I seem to be missing 2 pieces, and doing hard mode started a different illustration.

The first two Hard Legend Mode skulltulas complete it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kaubocks posted:

I was playing the game last night and because I'm a huge idiot who loves wasting time I spent a bunch of time not playing Legends or Adventure and instead just going into Free Mode and grinding out some of the "Kill X Enemies" skills on weapons. I could just play the other modes to unlock better weapons but w/e.

Anyway, on one of my Fire Rods I got Bombs+ which says it powers up bombs when you kill enemies. After futzing around with it for like 2 minutes before going to bed, I didn't really see it do anything. Anyone know how it works?

It means your bombs will auto-powerup all on their own after you kill X amount of enemies. I don't know how many X is but I'd wager around 200-500. Not played with it much.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So went to freeplay to grab 2 skulltalas on hard and I'm using the weapon it's asking, and taking next to no damage and I'm sitting on 1700 kills... can you not get them in freeplay?

Legend Mode 2nd Skulltulas are not one of the ones where you gotta do X amount of kills without taking Y mount of damage. For instance, the first one needs you to seal both mentioned keeps before activating the fairy fountain. ("Enact ???'s (Zelda's) strategy while halting the enemy's advance!")

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Jesus christ, gently caress any level with cuccoos. Why not just have them spawn in as a massive enemy horde and cut out the middleman, since it's impossible to avoid angering them to turn them against enemies?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Taear posted:

Any level I can control Sheik I'll be okay.

Surprisingly true. I manged to nab Shiek's level 3 at Lv31, whereas with someone like Agitha I needed at least Lv70.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Can someone give me a how-to-Zant and how-to-Ghirahim because they're really not clicking for me.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Gohma's upgraded special summons 2 of them either side like the Dodongo, and they do a sweeping conal laser in front of each of them.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I think The Imprisoned's weak point gauge takes 2 rounds no matter how strong you are.

Against Giant Bosses, Agitha's YYYX > (air)X > YYY > X absolutely wrecks their faces because they can't avoid the iffy hitboxes on the aerial hits.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Seven Tier 3 weapons left to unlock. :negative:

Lana's Summoning Gate, Ruto, Ghirahim, Zant, Darunia, Impa and Midna.

Then I'm free! Free! Except for the remaining A-Rank rewards! And A-Ranking every stage.

But basically free!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Mayheim posted:

The only thing I didn't like about Zant is that I felt like I am losing a lot of time to his weakpoint/special attack animations.

It feels to me like his Weak Point Smash misses a lot of the time. I know it can't, but it just doesn't do very much.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
This is cute, when you complete every map square once;

Still got Lana's Gate Lv3 to do, then go round A-Ranking everything with the appropriate people.

In between Smash games, of course.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Having just finished using the Summoning Gate, here's some tips if anyone cares;

Use Argorok all the time. Use the X move, if it's not Argorok dodge-cancel it and try again. If you're trying to clear crowds of mooks use Gohma's combo if she pops up. Argorok chews through captain HP meters like nothing. Just follow them with the fire stream while you're riding him and finish up with a blast (there's no on screen meter for this)

Don't bother trying to pull out a combo to deplete weak point gauges, just run up and hit X on them. It'll do a good third of the bar, and if you get Gohma it's an instant smash, not sure about the others but Argorok tends to miss.

If you're spamming X on a boss and you get Manhandla, and it's unblocked (the boss is in the cloud and taking damage) follow it up with YYYYX to have Argorok really ruin them. The Manhandla cloud slows down enemies to the point where they won't block the Argorok combo, and it does a good chunk of damage.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah I Groosenated my replies too.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Groose's moveset would involve that little robot that you use to fetch stuff from the surface. Also lots of punching. His magic finisher just has him flex while everything explodes around him.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Regy Rusty posted:

- Two cuccos fighting in a keep. Again I'm not sure how dangerous this gets if you don't put a stop to it.

If you leave them alone they eventually calm down... and form an Other Forces that takes over the base they were fighting in. They do this over and over, converting all your keeps.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The trick with the Imprisoned if you have bad ranged game like Fi is to bait the lightning attack by staying far away, then run under him and use YYYYYX. The lightning can never hit you if you're right under him. ou never get stomped because you're too far and you never get lightning'd because you're under him when it goes off. Only things that can hurt you are him falling over and him belly sliding.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Rocketlex posted:

We need a full-on Cucco Uprising DLC pack, a short Legends story where heroes and villains alike must band together to save Hyrule from a Cucco apocalypse.

Unleashed by Lana leaving the Summoning Gate open by accident.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
If I could donate rupees I would. I have like a mil just sitting around cos I already got everyone to 50 and their 3rd weapons.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, Agatha feels like I win battles in spite of using her rather than because of it.

Don't diss Swagitha. :colbert: (notice the zero damage)

Seriously, her X makes her completely invincible. Tornados and divebombs all day.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Augh, that Challenge stage where you have to kill Wizzro (with Volga beating on you) and Cia (with Lana beating on you) and not take more than 4k damage for an A. AUGH.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm free! Free of Adventure Mode! All I have to do is get the Hard Skulltulas in Legend Mode and I've got everything. I suppose I should unlock the Master Sword too. gently caress the medals, though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm probably not going to end up getting all the Heart pieces/containers from adventure mode. But I do want to unlock all the characters (only Zant left!), weapons, and get all the skulltulas so I guess... I'll see.

Some of these stages are ridiculously hard. There's this one stage where you have to play as Zelda down at the bottom. It's not required to unlock anything, and the only prize is a Heart container for A ranking it. And it is insane. Your base is constantly being assaulted on all sides from a million different threats (bombchus, a summoner, a "scout captain" and two enemy captains who march on your base at various points), and every time I went to contain one, something else would sneak in and capture it before I could blink.

I'll come back to that one later. :sigh:

That stage sounds a lot like Zelda's level 3 Baton, Death Mountain, Bombchus, making up a morale deficit from the beginning, Summoner... et cetera. Kind of a pain.

But once you get the level 3 weapons most of the previous stages are a lot easier afterwards. After you get all the weapons it really is just cleanup.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Morale boosts are freaking huge to allied/enemy mooks. An ally with a morale boost will steamroll anything without one. An enemy with one needs to be killed RIGHT NOW because they can take keeps in a matter of a minute or so.

Also I find that if an enemy named character is engaged with an allied one, just running up and using your SP on the enemy one a few times then running away will usually let the ally win, this is good for A-Ranking maps or getting second skulltulas by avoiding drawn out duels where you're likely to be hurt.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Dinolfos are the worst because of Agitha's level 3 map. Where you're immediately mobbed by five of them.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Well, that's it. I got everything. All the Skulltulas, all the Heart Pieces/Containers, all the weapons. Haven't unlocked the Master Sword yet, and haven't A-Ranked the Rewards maps because they are hard as balls. If anyone has any tips for those, feel free to shout them at me. Boss Rush in particular murders me in almost no time, and I can't kill all the villains on their map in time.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

a cartoon duck posted:

Link's final weapon is absolutely amazing in every way. Definitely worth the trouble of A-ranking Zelda's rank 2 baton mission.

The fact that you are completely invincible during any of the X moves except for the basic X move itself is just the icing on the cake.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kaubocks posted:

I work so much overtime I'm never going to have time to play all this DLC. :negative:

There's a month off from DLC in December! (Boo!)

In other news Ganon's lasers in the Boss Rush reward map shredded me from full health to zero right befor eI was about to win. Fuuuuuuuck.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Goron Tunic unlocked!

I'm going to put the game down now.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hero Mode should be renamed Ridiculous Slog Mode.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Best way I found to do the level 3 gauntlet stage at the beginning was to just fire off YYX into the crowd indiscriminately until stuff dies back a bit. Just up to the three ground sparks. Try and aim at monsters with exposed gauges and if you drain one, run in for the finisher.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

bonzibuddy64 posted:

well, i don't know what to tell you. there's lots of other people in here saying you can leave volga alone. Try taking the first keep on your way up to Wizzro, the one that volga passes through, so he gets distracted in that keep too.

Also if you happen to run past him, empty your SP meter and dump your magic finisher on him to help out the mook forces in taking him down.

A few level 3 weapons and second skulltula maps involved me flinging 33% HP's worth of specials at a problem enemy and letting the mooks sort him out later.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Wild Knight posted:

I realized I don't have the magic armor badge for Zelda so...that would probably help for the damage rating.

Where do you find Redeads though? I can't think of any level offhand where they were prevalent.

First time I remember encountering them was Twilight Realm in Adventure Mode.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

mabels big day posted:

Sheik is probably the best character in the game for bullshitting tough missions because she can make herself invincible and fully recharge her special meter constantly

Yeah, even at low-30s her tier 3 weapon is an absolute cakewalk. Agitha's was still hard even at 70.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Fi is the spirit of the sword, not the sword itself. She could be transforming into a fascimilie of the weapon she inhabits, if you want to hand-wave it away. It's Ghirahim that literally is the sword.

Or, time travel. gently caress it.

It would make more sense if Zelda's justification for not believing Wizzro's fakery was "I'm the real Zelda and I would never be a douche like that in any universe." Or something.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So was it the evil spirit that gave her the added chest protection or was she always like that?

I just sort of assumed it came out of the Cia part of her's desire to be attractive to Link. Without actually knowing what he finds attractive she just went as generic "sexy" as she could.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fix posted:

What's up with the locked down skill on the Master Sword?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I heard it gives it the old "When you have full hearts it turns into a LASER SWORD" thing

If the Master Sword doesn't just do that anyway then yeah, it does. YX shoots two beams along the ground similar to Volga's move that does that. YYX becomes wider as two extra projectiles fan out with the centre one. I think YYYX might have a bit more range? Dunno about YYYYX.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Metrohunter posted:

There are also skills on OTHER weapons, that will not unlock until you have the Master Sword's skill unlocked. I found a level 1 naginata with one but I threw it away because butts.

I don't have the patience for it, but they give you a 30 point attack boost on five-star tier 3 weapons.

What they actually do, reportedly, is set the weapon's damage to 450. Even on tier 1 weapons.

Zant is really bad at weak point breaking, yes. Best way I found was to YX, spam X til you have to take a lie down, then hit your SP attack to instantly reset the crazy meter. I think it's that one you can A out of the over-crazy stun from. I know you can do it with the giant stomping attack.

• Locked thread