Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's her Giant's Blade, which is naturally a little curvy, in a medium that doesn't really do curves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Finished Zelda's level 2 baton with five seconds to go. Whew! Took out the first keep, ran after the messengers, dropped down onto Wizro, and then... I forget? I just remember I was in a hurry. A big hurry.

So much fun.

Meanwhile, the villains all seem really good, although I have a hard time seeing what Cia is doing and Wizro is powerful but erratic. What does Cia's darkness meter even do? Do you just rotate around to send her Dark Links out in an arc when you conjure them? Weighty questions, indeed!

Sadly, the Guardian of Time outfit doesn't make either Cia or Lana look any less ridiculous. It's just built into the way they move.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Bllllluuuuuh, Darunia's level 3. Why do shield moblins take so long to kill? I figured out the path that lets me clear all the keeps I need, but there are so many moblins around I can't avoid taking damage while clearing them out.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Aw, yeah, I got Darunia's level 3 hammer. Part of it was learning how to use his spin attack (it goes from pointless to all-powerful once you figure out how you're supposed to use it) and the other half was patiently repeating until I was able to get through without taking too much damage.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Meanwhile, doing Ruto's level 3 mission, and agh fighting Zant is an exercise in frustration.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dear god, Twili Midna is powerful.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I think they don't do the ones that players couldn't possibly dodge, like Sheik's special, but I've definitely seen Zant throw out his.

Incidentally I was finally able to beat Zant in a timely fashion after upgrading to the level 3 Digger's Mitts, and thus have completed Ruto's level 3 weapon.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Hekk posted:

I just completed the Legend Mode on normal but played through blind so I didn't pick up any of the golden skulltelas. Does that mean I have to play through every level on normal again to pick them up or can I just save and quit the level once I have gotten the skulltela?

You could also beat it on Hard for extra resources (although you'll have to do Hard Mode again to get the second Hard Mode skulltulas).

Note that the skulltulas in Legend Mode and Free Mode are the same so you can at least do it on any characters you like.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm prepared to like Lana and Cia if they get a makeover to look less like a J-Pop idol and a fetish model.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Got Zant's level 3 scimitars in 2 gos. Buff is real.

Incidentally, it looks like you can't choose a different weapon on weapon unlock missions anymore? At least, I didn't have the option on level 3 baton.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

So, I've just unlocked Toon Link and Skull Kid but don't have any of the materials I need to fill out their basic badges. Where's the easiest place to find that stuff?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Okay, just did a mission with Skull Kid to see what he's like, and it turns out the answer is "ridiculous." His C3 is just ludicrous as a crowd-cleared.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dunban posted:

How do you get the second Skulltula in Shining Beacon? It says that you need to defeat Volga twice, but after I defeated him once, he never showed up again.

I think you need to defeat him once before the big confrontation where Zelda depowers him, so that he shows up again for that confrontation.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dunban posted:

So I need to defeat him once before using the magic circle?

Yeah, possibly before you even get the opportunity to have the magic circle.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The fact that drunk Ganondorf says "Listen. Listen." is never going to stop being the best part of that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Hm, I unlocked a full illustration and the Rewards Map, but I can't get to anything on that map. Is that normal?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Possibly relatedly, what was the message that popped up when you open up the Lorule map for the first time? I wasn't expecting it and accidentally closed it before I could read it - I just saw that there was something about fairies.

It's basically "we stuck a new companion fairy somewhere in this map."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Breath of the Wild is certainly chock-full of potential new maps.

• Locked thread