Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

but not Groose

tbh if Barkle was in, I'd forgive Groose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

WAR FOOT posted:

If anyone wants a WiiU code:

-

I'll take it! Thanks!

e: it's giving me a "not recognized" error. Does this mean someone else grabbed it?

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 4, 2016

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I thought of that, though o is not a selectable option.

e: Only other thing I can figure is we're in different regions. I'm in the US, are you?

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 4, 2016

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

cool_boy_mew posted:

drat, lucky

I got in way too late to enter the code bandwagon, still looking for an NA one

Same! A kind poster offered me theirs but I think we were region-crossed, so no go. NA here, too.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
With the wind waker release, is it now possible to purchase the new dlc just for WiiU as opposed to the WiiU/3ds bundle?

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Yeah as far as we know, that "summer" label is the most specific indicator.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
How did the level recap work? If you were above 99, were you lowered right to that? Or was it proportionately scaled (ie a level 127 got changed to 50-ish)?

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Oh I thought the "back to 99" thing meant the 255 cap on Wii U was also brought back down. Nevermind.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Armos Knight Posse and you get to confuse enemies with false doubles and naruto poo poo. Also features a self-destruct move and the ability to weigh down cool looking buttons

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

mabels big day posted:

The penguin guy who took Ricky's boxing gloves in Oracle of Seasons

This sentence is cracking me up. Zelda is good.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Actually I would be really interested in how certain Zelda boss mechanics translate when the player is in control.

I think many would not, because of a power imbalance (ex: boss has projectiles and you do not, or boss has element of surprise wrt which attack they throw out during a sequence). Bosses are also typically designed to be continually weakened, shifting linearly from one moveset "stage" to another. I guess the parallel is a fighting game because abilities, health, and opportunities are generally un-replenishable.

Regardless, if I'm just thinking instead of "fun powers that bosses happen to have," Aghanim would be neat in a "NO DAD, I CONTROL THE TENNIS GAME NOW" way.

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 6, 2016

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Final character leak chat:

I haven't played the Wii U version in a while and have never tried Legends. Are there any references to LTTP, the Capcom games, or FSA? I guess for the first one you could say Pegasus Boots fit the bill.

If it was just Capcom, it might make sense somehow. But it otherwise seems like a weird place to draw the line. I'm sure it also has to do with money and dev time, obvi.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Hey for those who don't know, the Wii U-only DLC packs seem to have been available since the Link's Awakening drop (US).

Season Pass:
"Legends of Hyrule"
(Medlii/WW stuff, other games onwards)

First round of 3DS characters:
"Legends Character Pack"
(Linkle, KORL, Tetra, Toon Link, Skull Kid, Ganondorf's trident)

Sorry if it was posted before. The DLC system is confusing if you're just jumping in. The eShop's descriptions are kinda vague too.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
On Wii U, you only get her in the "Character" pack. I'm not sure, but she may be automatically available in the 3ds game.

The Season Pass gets you characters and content for Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, Link Between Worlds (I think you meant this instead of LTTP), and Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

RMZXAnarchy posted:

What could they even do for a third round of DLC at this point?

I mean outside of the Oracles and Four Sword arc games they're really kinda out of options unless there's cool stuff in BotW or they decide to give a little more to Skyward Sword and finally give us Groose.

So far, there's no significant LTTP representation. Also a new storyline ala Linkle would be cool and the best way to celebrate my friend Groose teaming up for a cross-dimensional adventure with a rando subrosian.

So many potential fun characters to play as. I'd love:
- Any witch. Cast spells and drop items to help your generals.
- More playable villians (gimme WW's Anubis-y Iron Knuckle, or Dead Hand, or King Bulbo)
- Owl/GP/Rauru
- Fuckin' Hero's Shade
- Ezlo hat for Toon Link

Also: patch in the original dynamic eyes for Toon Link. He's not the same with that dead ahead stare.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I missed that part of the stream, only saw sand wand, train powers, and toon Zelda. What else?

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Was there a sand rod in PH or ST? I would only expect it in the LBW pack

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Seagull posted:

can't believe nintendo shot linebeck in the face live on stream

Not trying to goonsay you but "no Linebeck in the PH/ST DLC" has been known for a while. I'm already done with all the stages of grief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
It would be rad if Yuga had a move that turned enemies into paintings. Like, murder 20 dudes and they just clatter to the ground in a giant pile of frames. Also hoping for a silly cutscene where Ganondorf and Yuga high five.

• Locked thread