Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Your Computer posted:

I also feel like I never actually have time to take over non-mission-related enemy keeps because by the time I take over the keep one (or several, even) of our keeps are overrun.

There's a fair bit of prioritizing you have to do. Not every callout is grounds for immediate action, a lot of scripted events are Spoken About as urgent but the characters will wait around for half an hour while you go clear out the other half of the map or do other prep work. There's some trial and error involved, some missions you won't clear the first time but if you've gone in with the goal of understanding what's going to happen the second pass should be easier. Pause frequently and check on the Enemy commanders, like I've had a mission where it warned me of a Bombchu across the map and silently spawned #2 right next to me, doing it in the called out order would've been a huge hit to time. Things will also get easier as you/your weapons get some more levels. On older Musou games I'd do the first clear on Easy just to get the hang of missions and objectives.

I've had a few missions where my home base was about to fall and I just booked it for the enemy commander instead. Surprising how often that's effective.

My NNID is JawnV6, add me for.. whatever Adventure mode shenanigans work out, I've done some missions for others but haven't yet seen a reward come back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Your Computer posted:

I'm assuming this also means unnamed characters (Hyrulean captains)?

In general, let Hylian Captains die. If it fails the mission, welp, now you know that's a critical one :v:. This game is far more generous with checkpoints than any of the others in the series. Also, if you're having a LOT of issues, use the in-mission save point if you're worried it's a critical juncture.

Unless the person crying out uses the words "immediate aid" and is on the Mission failure qualifications, I generally don't bother.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a good way to farm Rupees? I'm trying to do the Fi map where you have to kill 3 imprisoned ones and it just kicks my rear end, I can barely do damage to the first wave of enemies either. I didn't use her much so she's only like level 17 but the dojo cost is pretty absurd.

Do you have any Rupees+ weapons? Those took the ~2k I was getting from maps and turned it into 10k. That mod makes each mook spits a few rupees. Some of the Legend mode clears were worth ~40k iirc, not sure if that's the same reward on a re-run but that ought to be worth more than a few levels from 17.

Forgot to mention how much I like the co-op. Nice to know that the Wiiu can push out 2 different screens for the pad/TV (even if framerate takes a dive) and having an IRL human I can direct towards cross-map objectives is grand.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I'm having a hard time justifying DLC because there's already soooo much in the game. I just got to the playable Ganondorf, a couple missions after the first(?) split in the path. Only a quarter of the way through adventure. Still haven't A-ranked everything or gotten most of the t-2 weapons, much less t3?

I'm loving the game and want to support it, I'm just stuck looking at the purple 25k kills for the Master Sword unlock that's gated behind the rest of the game and doubtful I'll even finish that. Much less additional content beyond.
e:

HondaCivet posted:

I kind of wish they didn't let Tecmo/Team Ninja/whoever add new characters though, they just look kind of weird with the gang because they're so anime-y. And yeah, didn't really need giant anti-gravity boobs in my Zelda thank you.
Agreed.

JawnV6 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 30, 2014

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Bicyclops posted:

How is it that in this glorious year of 2014 I cannot just shove phrases into Google and come out with a complete guide to Adventure Mode that lists the rewards for every square and the requirements for getting each of them?

I'd just like to point out that this is how the Manual recommends looking for tips to complete the game. I remember when that was a phone number :corsair:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I haven't seen the Adventure Mode popup telling me a friend beat my map? I thought I'd seen a screenshot of something like that. Is there any feedback to me about people beating my Network Links or is it just a local challenge for me to beat the Network Links that I can see?

Ny NNID is JawnV6 but I didn't bold it the first time :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Is there a more reliable way to get specific weapons? Gunning for Rutos level 3, I'd like a much better level 2 for my next try. Did the same thing last night with a big slog of a mission that got me what I wanted, but a bunch of other level 1's.

I've been tapping my Link Amiibo in, I think I've got the level2 spinner unlock from it this morning. I was actually curious to see if you could sneak an infinite amount of weapons into the game by never going past the main menu, but if you just tap in and shut down it won't let you go to the main menu without selling off on the next boot.

• Locked thread