Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Xad posted:

As someone who has played through a good portion of Legend mode in co-op, I can safely say that it's awesome. One person plays on the gamepad, the other plays on the TV using either a wiimote+nunchuk or a pro controller. P1 is still limited to whatever characters you can pick for that mission, but P2 can pick whoever out of the characters you've unlocked.

Weird thing though--it'll just spawn an "extra" copy of that character for them to play as. So if the mission includes Link and Impa, and P1 plays as Link, and P2 picks Impa, there will still be a CPU-controlled Impa helping you out in addition to your friend running around as Impa.

Aside from that, you can do co-op in literally any mode afaik, just make sure P2 hits + to join in when you're on the character select screen. The only limitation is that you can't both pick the same character.

EDIT: Oh also my NNID is XAdmiralMundane.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I'd heard something about performance problems with local co-op, can you say anything to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Er OK I'll rephrase to ask everyone . . . Are people finding the local co-op experience pleasant? I had heard about technical issues/framerate drops/resolution drops/etc. If it's only fun solo then I'll just wait for it to go on sale I think, I've got plenty of single player games in my backlog.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Just picked this up last night and played through the first level. Pretty fun although I'm looking forward to getting way more dudes/weapons/items, vanilla soldier Link isn't too exciting.

I kind of wish they didn't let Tecmo/Team Ninja/whoever add new characters though, they just look kind of weird with the gang because they're so anime-y. And yeah, didn't really need giant anti-gravity boobs in my Zelda thank you.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Dastardly posted:

Pyramid tits are alright though.

I don't know why she had pyramidal boobs. I guess they ran out of polygons? Or maybe the room is very cold?

Does anyone else find her pretty disturbing? It's that laugh mostly. And the almost-nakedness. She's like a crazy homeless woman you'd run into while hiking in a forest.

• Locked thread