Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do random people show up too or just friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is $20 DLC discount pack a temporary thing?

I'll get back to this game eventually but don't want to miss out on a deal. Nintendo is releasing too many good games this year.:v:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 17, 2014

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You have to complete the level to get the skulltula.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Tingle because I'm curious what design they'd go for him in this game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's cool that this endless game is still getting content.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's a free update for everyone.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Buy the Hero Of Hyrule pack. Has all 4 DLC packs together.

You can also buy the skinpacks for Link, Zelda and Ganon if you want since they aren't included in the above pack.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hopefully the character switching from the 3DS version also comes to Wii U then it'll fix that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looks like Toon Link is coming to Wii U too but will we get the Wind Waker map?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No and I'd be surprised if it's not considering the new characters are coming to Wii U.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It looks like the Windfall Island will be in the Wii U version judging from picture of Tetra looking surprised on the third scan unless there was another stage with windmills I'm forgetting about.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The person that uploaded this says you can only get the characters and Ganondorf's trident weapon transferred to Wii U. Hopefully they offer the Wind Waker map as DLC and not have it be just 3DS exclusive.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Unlucky7 posted:

On a New 3DS, it looks pretty good. On the OG 3DS, well...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4

Still looks pretty bad even on a New 3DS imo. So the game comes with a code and and doesn't connect to the Wii U version?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FirstAidKite posted:

Hopefully the codes work that way and aren't something tied to whatever NNID you're on when you play the game, cause I doubt I'd get the 3ds game cause it doesn't look that good but being able to trade or something for a wii u key sounds fine by me

I don't think anything else works like that. Pretty sure the Japanese version got codes that can be redeemed by any Japanese Wii U.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Toon Link's grandma using soup based attacks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxyclean posted:

Missed the direct, but apparently Medli was announced for Legends , and Legends is also going to get 4 DLC?

She's also coming to the Wii U version but it seems like the DLC isn't.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm gonna be so mad if they release Groose and he's stuck on the crappy 3DS version.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope there is an announcement soon on whether the hyrule warriors legends dlc will be exclusive to legends or available for the wii u version too

We don't know yet. They didn't say it was exclusive though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm pretty sure they just said that Ganondorf's new trident weapon would transfer with the characters and not the skin.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do we know if the 3DS exclusive adventure maps will also have new stages too?

Hopefully they could throw us the Wind Waker stage on Wii U too since it looks fantastic.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 18, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How many new stages did Legends get?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My physical copy didn't include a code to get stuff in the Wii U version.:smith:

Where is the new Linkle/Wind Waker stuff integrated? Is it mixed into Legends mode or what?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 26, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lemon-Lime posted:

It should absolutely have one, it's in the box as a piece of paper:

If it's not in there, either someone tampered with the game before you got it or the packaging plant hosed up, so maybe the retailer or Nintendo's support can help.

Yeah, I didn't get any insert. Not even the one behind your code. I'll try calling Nintendo.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 26, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, if the box was still shrink-wrapped when you got it, the packaging plant hosed up. If it wasn't shrink-wrapped, someone obviously stole the code and the place you bought it from is being poo poo. :(

It was shrink wrapped. Nintendo wouldn't help me either.:smith:

I think I'm just going to try to do the new content in this game since the thought of unlocking and leveling up everything again makes me sick. Please tell me the Wind Waker adventure map is easy to unlock.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Keiya posted:

neither sync with Wii U

I understand why they didn't do this but it still sucks. There's way too much content for me to start all over. I just got to Linkle's first mission and its pretty funny. When does the Wind Waker stuff pop up?

Thanks to Bruceski, by the way, for hooking me up with the Legends DLC on Wii U.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/713902200120979460

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Since Linkle is also getting a new weapon with the LA pack, I hope they give her some kind of crazy bomb arrow gun or something.

Bomb arrows should be in more Zeldas.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr. Trampoline posted:

For someone who hasn't played Hyrule Warriors at all (or any Musou games for that matter), which version would people recommend I get, Wii U or 3DS? I have a New 3DS so that's not an issue.

3DS is a much better value. It has exclusive new features, includes all Wii U DLC for free while getting new DLC that isn't coming to Wii U. Only go for Wii U if you want to play the game at higher res on a TV and/or you want to play co-op.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How's the 3DS version? Does it feel like a bad port or is it a fully fleshed pretty game that works well and is well worth the buck?

I like the action style of the game and the way it seems to be focused on unlocking new peoples and things and it feels kinda of arcadey. Is it better to play in small bursts or for long sessions at a time? The former is probably preferable to me.

Sorry if it's asked before, I didn't find the info in the OP and I haven't read much of the thread.

It pretty much is better in every way feature wise but I personally find this kind of game to be way too hectic on a small low res screen. I seem to be the minority on this one but something to keep in mind.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Isn't that just for the new characters on Wii U or are they adding more now?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rirse posted:

Not wanting to bring up a old thread, but after Breath of the Wild I can't wait for the new cast of characters from it to end up in Hyrule Warriors 2 or Extreme Legends or whatever. Especially Prince Sidon.

They could pretty much make a sequel with just BOTW characters and settings and I'd be down.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

kvx687 posted:

I've been noticing that sometimes random enemies will heavily slow down for some reason; it's not frame issues, just one specific captain or playable character will randomly execute an attack at about a third of their standard speed. It happens most often inside a fairy field, but not always, and I don't think my fairy has any ability that would cause this. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Maybe it's something the game does to try to prevent frame drops? Which version are you playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think the DLC is still worth it even if you don't plan on playing every extra adventure map. The characters alone are worth it imo.

• Locked thread