Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Endorph posted:

i read it, i read the whole thing

you wrote game reviews for your friends and they paid for them but then you started making games up when you ran out of games to review and they bought them until they didn't and then they called their moms on you and there was an argument and a cop got called and you lost all your friends because you wanted five dollars
thank you for reading it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Endorph posted:

i read it, i read the whole thing

you wrote game reviews for your friends and they paid for them but then you started making games up when you ran out of games to review and they bought them until they didn't and then they called their moms on you and there was an argument and a cop got called and you lost all your friends because you wanted five dollars

pretty twisted, Sir John

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
sometimes I think about the wife and child I had in Harvest Moon 64, and how much I miss them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sir John Feelgood posted:

thank you for reading it
im going to dedicate the rest of my life to forgetting it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Confession:

I can't stop laughing at the people posting about the game legitimately in the AA thread in the middle of the meltdown with dick pics happening right now

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
when I was a kid, I'd go into training mode in soul calibur and make sophitia do some jump move on loop and set the camera angle reaaal low and well you can figure out the rest

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Widestancer posted:

Confession:

I can't stop laughing at the people posting about the game legitimately in the AA thread in the middle of the meltdown with dick pics happening right now

link plz

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Omally posted:

link plz

Archeage thread in MMO HMO in games

I'm in awful otherwise I would

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Widestancer posted:

Archeage thread in MMO HMO in games

I'm in awful otherwise I would

thanks im not up to date on all of my gaming acronyms

Koke
Sep 22, 2014

I really liked Invisible War.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
most of the games i really enjoy the most and have the most fun with are looked upon as bad by these forums.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

most of the games i really enjoy the most and have the most fun with are looked upon as bad by these forums.

stop teaseposting and drop some real turd examples on the floor like the bad dog you are

arf

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ლ,ᔑ•ﺪ͟͠•ᔐ.ლ

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

stop teaseposting and drop some real turd examples on the floor like the bad dog you are

arf

ok but i warned you

in no particular order games i like a whole heck of a lot:

diablo3 (dont like diablo2 much)
fallout3 (I rate it alongside NV)
borderlands 2
torchlight 2 (miles better than 1)
saints row 3 and 4 (way better than 1 or 2)
team fortress 2
path of exile
planetside2
skyrim (cant stand oblivion or morrowind)
mass effect 3 (really, really dislike me2 and how it changed ME1)
bioshock 1 (I also played through and completed infinite and the DLCS and had a fun time for what its worth even though the story and ending got a little weird)
dead island
civ 5
duke nukem forever
papers please

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

VideoGames posted:

ok but i warned you

borderlands 2
team fortress 2
path of exile
planetside2
bioshock 1 (I also played through and completed infinite and the DLCS and had a fun time for what its worth even though the story and ending got a little weird)
dead island
civ 5
duke nukem forever
papers please
You monster. Take that off your list right now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

VideoGames posted:

ok but i warned you

borderlands 2
team fortress 2
path of exile
planetside2
dead island
civ 5
duke nukem forever
papers please

*falls ill with Purestrain FailAIDS from reading this post*

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

VideoGames posted:

ok but i warned you

borderlands 2
team fortress 2
path of exile
planetside2
dead island
civ 5
duke nukem forever
papers please

these are all really shameful and i consider myself a sometimes lover of bad games that the goon hive mind hates but at least now i will feel more comfortable in the future if i wish to admit to my own likes in this or future imp zone confession thread because drat

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i told you guys. i play ALL kinds of games and like lots of games considered shameful and as a gamer and a person who is video games I dont have a problem with that at all and still enjoy them

:unsmith:

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

u know what ur right i learned something today, its always okay to enjoy games

(i also think sr3 and 4 are good games and better than 2)

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

ok but i warned you

borderlands 2
team fortress 2
path of exile
planetside2
skyrim (cant stand oblivion or morrowind) YOU GO TO IMP ZONE HELL FOR THIS
dead island
civ 5
duke nukem forever
papers please

it's at the most bad for being a pleb-list, not adhering to the super sayan gamer-senpai masterrace's opinions (which i guess is exactly what you stated by not adhering to these forums opinions). highlighted those i also think are gude or enjoyable. i watched a let's play of duke nukem forever where the guy was drinking beer as he played and ended up pretty drunk. that made the game a whole lot better, it's exactly the type of game to not play but watch being played and listening to drunken shittalk.

here is a list of my own of games that are poo poo that i like:

-

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mung Dynasty posted:

u know what ur right i learned something today, its always okay to enjoy games

ive got one thing and onething only to say to you:

senran kagura

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

senran kagura

has one of the biggest threads on the games forum and also filled with anime titties so im not sure what ur tryin 2 say here guy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

it's at the most bad for being a pleb-list, not adhering to the super sayan gamer-senpai masterrace's opinions (which i guess is exactly what you stated by not adhering to these forums opinions).

its also that combined with the list of games that haven't played but thats another story for a different tme and p. sure ive already written this down around somewhere else.

also i dont know anything about any japanesegames and have never played them so senran kagura is a whoosh over my head.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

VideoGames posted:

its also that combined with the list of games that haven't played but thats another story for a different tme and p. sure ive already written this down around somewhere else.

also i dont know anything about any japanesegames and have never played them so senran kagura is a whoosh over my head.

its on sale on the nintendo eshop right now, check it out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

elf help book posted:

its on sale on the nintendo eshop right now, check it out

i dont have a nintendo system. im about 50 quid away from having enough for my wiiu though! (if bloody nintendo of Breat Britain bothered selling refurbished wiius over here like they do in the US id have gotten one months ago)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

VideoGames posted:

i dont have a nintendo system. im about 50 quid away from having enough for my wiiu though! (if bloody nintendo of Breat Britain bothered selling refurbished wiius over here like they do in the US id have gotten one months ago)

you arent a gamer imo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

paid full price for Brink
sorry man, i did too

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i resubbed to world of warcraft last week

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

zeal posted:

i resubbed to world of warcraft last week

lmao if u havent been subbed every month since 2005

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

elf help book posted:

you arent a gamer imo

look buddy i'll have you know i started my gaming life on the NES so i know a thing or two about a thing or two and smb3 is my most favourite game of all time so dont be coming in here and telling me im not a gamer because wiiu is flipping £240 over here and i will fight you in the parking lot bring your anim girls clothes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I bought the collector's edition of Duke Nukem Forever. It now sits prominently on my shelf, like the slave who would whisper warnings of mortality and hubris to a Roman general during a Triumph.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I like most of the games VideoGames professed to liking except Civ (I'm not into 4X games), Duke Nukem Forever, and BioShock Infinite.

Saints Row owns from 2 to 4 and anyone who disagrees can eat my giant purple dildo.

E: And Mass Effect 3. Holy poo poo that game blew chunks, and this coming from the guy that held ME2 as his #3 favourite game for a couple years.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I am Sexually atracted to crude japanese drawings

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I hereby confess that I once lied to my cousin about beating FFVI.

To be fair I think he was lying as well.

As a kid then I had the game on SNES (EU so having a USA console + cool exclusive games was :krad:). I could never loving get Sabin's Blitz move down so never passed that, and the save my aunt left on the cartridge was on the floating island, which I obviously sucked rear end at.

Fast forward just a few years later when he started braggin' about doing this and that on emulator, which I only read about in the strategy guide I had. So to defend my videogame honor I started lying that I'd done this and that as well from strategy guide memory (read that poo poo back and forth like the Bible). A day or two later he'd say he'd advanced to point X, so I lied I'd made it just past that, then the next day he was way ahead of me and I lied again. Soon we were advancing through the game on a break-neck pace through the power of lies. Either he lied as well or grinded like a loving sweaty ox in the field with a walkthrough as his plow.

I still haven't beaten it, I haven't even made it to the floating island by myself, but got close on the GBA version.

I still call it one of my favorite games, if not one of the best ever.

I will now perform videogame sudoku.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
My favorite thing to do when I am obviously better than someone at a competitive game is to string them out by crippling their ability to actually get ahead early on while setting up token losses to keep them playing by making them think they always have a chance.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch

Bolverkur posted:

I will now perform videogame sudoku.

Do you mean "videogame seppuku?"

Gaming confession: I don't care for FFVI. It's a fine game, but I find the unending praise associated with it a bit divorced from reality.

much like your posting. HI-OH!!! :D

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i played archeage for a day

i only play like one singleplayer game a year & its usually very enjoyable but then i go back to being yelled at on microphones in cs and dota

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Console Role Player posted:

Do you mean "videogame seppuku?"

how dare you insult my gamer bushido

this will be settled with an honorable duel as according to our ancient tenets

No equipment, Gau only, Floating Island.

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
lol you're alright, Bolverkur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*falls ill with Purestrain FailAIDS from reading this post*

• Locked thread