Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Duke Nukem Forever is a p. deece choice, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And preferring Skyrim to Morrowind, even though it isn't very good either, is perfectly reasonable. Farewell.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i think i might be the bridge between all kinds of imps.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
all of those are forgivable except duke nukem forever but thats not really a shame reaction so much as how the gently caress do people find that game fun

one of my tabletop group vehemently defends it as a good game and i just dont understand what he likes about it

please explain this to me i must be broken or something b/c i love bad games like wakfu and spiral knights and path of exile and roguelikes and still cant understand the nuke forever duke

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bathroomrage posted:

all of those are forgivable except duke nukem forever but thats not really a shame reaction so much as how the gently caress do people find that game fun

one of my tabletop group vehemently defends it as a good game and i just dont understand what he likes about it

please explain this to me i must be broken or something b/c i love bad games like wakfu and spiral knights and path of exile and roguelikes and still cant understand the nuke forever duke

dfuke nukem forever takes me back to a time when those games were all the rage. it is basically a 90s game brought forward with no changes. it is purely nostalgia of my times playing doom, quake and duke3d as to the reasons i enjoy dukeforever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The only games I haven't enjoyed are Dragon Age 2, Dear Esther and Metroid Other M

Also MMOs and MOBAs

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

i think i might be the bridge between all kinds of imps.

that's a terrible design for a bridge that just goes everywhere and nowhere at the same time also it's in the imp zone so ffffuck

if you want a good kickback to the times when FPS games weren't bullshit (by being :haw: and not just playing said old games) then Serious Sam is the :c00lbert: fix you need, not Duke Nukem Forever Puke Poopem Forever :smuggo:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

that's a terrible design for a bridge that just goes everywhere and nowhere at the same time also it's in the imp zone so ffffuck

if you want a good kickback to the times when FPS games weren't bullshit (by being :haw: and not just playing said old games) then Serious Sam is the :c00lbert: fix you need, not Duke Nukem Forever Puke Poopem Forever :smuggo:

I have played, and liked, all three Serious Sams, as well as the double ds :) I play all games I can.

currently loving the new gauntlet in case any imp needs a recommendation

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I played ArcheAge in the goon guild up until the pedo poo poo hit. Went on one raid or whatever and had spergy goons yelling in my ear about doing poo poo the right way and it was very not fun. MMOs are bad.

Also played Dota2 with goons once and it was a similarly unfun experience.

I keep buying 4X games even though I always end up hating them.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I have played, and liked, all three Serious Sams, as well as the double ds :) I play all games I can.

currently loving the new gauntlet in case any imp needs a recommendation

i take it back you're the best bridge

gaben bless you and godspeed

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

One time I went with a friend to wal-mart and we copied down half life 1 boxed cd keys to register on steam beta.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i cheat when i play Europa Universalis and give myself unlimited money

Duke Jan
Dec 27, 2009

AGITATING SKELETON
I used to play Red Alert 2 online with a hack that reveals the entire map and still could never win.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Get this

One time I copied that floppy

Duke Jan
Dec 27, 2009

AGITATING SKELETON

Widestancer posted:

Get this

:wth:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Widestancer posted:

Get this

ban this sick filth

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I WOULD steal a baby.

Gotta get that child support yanno?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Sometimes I question my devotion to the PC faith

especially around "pc master race" types

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i got depressed when i deleted heroes of newerth.

it took me a few days to be able to welcome the next chapter in my life.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The new LOTR game got me thinking of how cool a starwars asscreed could be, also how lovely it could be.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

one time i deleted my brother's secret of mana file without asking him because he deleted my DKC file without asking me

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Once when my brother was a young child he wanted to play the game i was playing. I gave him a controller that was lying around and told him he was playing. He wasnt, it was a single player game.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

i used to look at the other players screens in N64 games to make impossible shots

i belong in jail

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Once when my brother was a young child he wanted to play the game i was playing. I gave him a controller that was lying around and told him he was playing. He wasnt, it was a single player game.

This is one of my favorite rage comics.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Have y'all ever seen a baby try to play a videogame? The hosed up little retards can barely even hold the controller.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Babies can play tablet games because they were designed for hosed up little retards.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Who was enraged, in the comic.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Who was enraged, in the comic.

It's just a name. Rage Comics aren't always about "Rages".

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's just a name. Rage Comics aren't always about "Rages".
Ah.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I legitimately think Civ 5 with BNW was the best Civilization game and I have played Civ 2, Civ 3, Civ 4 + expansions and Revolutions

(Alpha Centauri is still Firaxis game though)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The younger brother, years later when he was reading Reddit and seen that his brother pulled the old Phantom Gamer trick on him.

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
My little brother was playing Mortal Kombat 2 on his own in 2-player mode so that he could win 50 matches in a row and fight Noob Saibot and after he won 49 games I picked up controller 2 and beat the poo poo out of him and made him cry.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The younger brother, years later when he was reading Reddit and seen that his brother pulled the old Phantom Gamer trick on him.
How could you give your own brother the Phantom Gamer Dominic?!

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

I don't understand why people like skyrim that game is boring as hell and everything is stupid

I play MOBAs but think if you don't want to spend a billion hours learning all the systems and poo poo that is a normal choice

one time on summer break I played some jrpg for like 40 or 50 hours straight until I started having audio hallucinations

I never beat the original prince of Persia although I tried a lot

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*falls ill with Purestrain FailAIDS from reading this post*

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

one year for christmas my brother got nfl blitz for the n64. i'm 3 years older and far more experienced with video games. he had never played before, either. we played a few times, and each time the game ended with him in tears because of how much i beat him by. i ruined his christmas.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

BigLeafyTree posted:

one time on summer break I played some jrpg for like 40 or 50 hours straight until I started having audio hallucinations

Going to wager this has happened to every person in this forum as some point.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I play mmos and archeage but I don't level up in them

I just mess with people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Third World Reggin posted:

I play mmos and archeage but I don't level up in them

I just mess with people

lol you delevel yourself irl for mmos

• Locked thread