Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

I hereby confess that I once lied to my cousin about beating FFVI.

To be fair I think he was lying as well.

As a kid then I had the game on SNES (EU so having a USA console + cool exclusive games was :krad:). I could never loving get Sabin's Blitz move down so never passed that, and the save my aunt left on the cartridge was on the floating island, which I obviously sucked rear end at.

Fast forward just a few years later when he started braggin' about doing this and that on emulator, which I only read about in the strategy guide I had. So to defend my videogame honor I started lying that I'd done this and that as well from strategy guide memory (read that poo poo back and forth like the Bible). A day or two later he'd say he'd advanced to point X, so I lied I'd made it just past that, then the next day he was way ahead of me and I lied again. Soon we were advancing through the game on a break-neck pace through the power of lies. Either he lied as well or grinded like a loving sweaty ox in the field with a walkthrough as his plow.

I still haven't beaten it, I haven't even made it to the floating island by myself, but got close on the GBA version.

I still call it one of my favorite games, if not one of the best ever.

I will now perform videogame sudoku.

WTF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats weird om many levels

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

thats weird om many levels

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Omally posted:

i cheat when i play Europa Universalis and give myself unlimited money

I use cheat engine on my single player Steam games just to get better achievements than all my friends. Ryukyu World Conquest.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

TH-THIS IS MY AVATAR!

IT WAS MADE FOR ME!

DRR DRR DRR

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bolverkur posted:

TH-THIS IS MY AVATAR!

IT WAS MADE FOR ME!

DRR DRR DRR

:yikes:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I pay someone to play all my games for me just so I can pretend to be a cool gamer chick online. I don't even know how to work one of those stick thingies you guys use. It's me. I'm the fake nerd girl everyone is looking for.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kylra posted:

I pay someone to play all my games for me just so I can pretend to be a cool gamer chick online. I don't even know how to work one of those stick thingies you guys use. It's me. I'm the fake nerd girl everyone is looking for.

im sending a hitsquad to your house

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kylra posted:

*regretfully takes aim with a sniper rifle*

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

elf help book posted:

im sending a hitsquad to your house

Wormskull posted:

*regretfully takes aim with a sniper rifle*
I have been assured by my security team that they are all statistically proven to be able to kill at least 100 people before they die, and in just these kinds of situations.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 3, 2014

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
the first time I beat super mario 3 was like a week ago using save states

when I was a kid my mother would play thunder spirits on the snes while I was at school. she passed it and i never did until years later (again, emulator + save states)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the culminator posted:

you didnt beat it

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
i did tho

I don't really like it that much, + im a beast at World and Yoshi's island which are superior games so that makes up for it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

the culminator posted:

:whitewater:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

the culminator posted:

I don't really like it that much, + im a beast at World and Yoshi's island which are superior games so that makes up for it.

:whitewater: :whitewater: :barf: :whitewater:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you didnt

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

may as well watch the end of a game on youtube and say you beat it

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

the culminator posted:

i did tho

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I do that to games I never beat as a kid

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

the culminator posted:

when I was a kid my mother would play thunder spirits on the snes while I was at school. she passed it and i never did until years later (again, emulator + save states)

Your a fake gamer and I hope your shot dead in the streets by a roving gang of real gamers.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

the culminator posted:

i did tho

what the everloving gently caress is this?

save states?????? not liking smb3????

and people say my gaming taste is bad!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Your a fake gamer and I hope your shot dead in the streets by a roving gang of real gamers.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
*Pumps shotgun.*

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

VideoGames posted:

what the everloving gently caress is this?

save states?????? not liking smb3????

and people say my gaming taste is bad!
But...You ARE video games?

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Smb3 kinda sucks compared to the better mario games made immediately after and before it hth

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
Is it okay to like SMB1 more than SMB3?

...I'm asking on behalf of a friend.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

the culminator posted:

Smb3 kinda sucks compared to the better mario games made immediately after and before it hth

this is the wrongest opinion. and i let people think what they want about games, but this...this puts anything ive ever said to shame

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kylra posted:

But...You ARE video games?

i sure am, and i am also a person with some whack as gently caress tastes about games i like.
i am the bad opinion having goofball

Mobzy
Mar 22, 2010

I played Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, Half Life and Battlefield: BC2 using arrow keys instead of WASD.

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

over 2000 hours in dota 2

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Console Role Player posted:

Is it okay to like SMB1 more than SMB3?

...I'm asking on behalf of a friend.

of course

you just can't dislike smb3

Duke Jan
Dec 27, 2009

AGITATING SKELETON
When I first played SMB1 I complained that it was a rip-off of SMB3. I guess I was a pretty dumb kid.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mobzy posted:

I played Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, Half Life and Battlefield: BC2 using arrow keys instead of WASD.

I use my mouse left handed and I've always used the arrow keys, starting with doom all the way through wow and cs. I set all my abilities in wow to my numpad and enter/right shift etc

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i like avgn and think that the dumb compound swear word thing he does is only a small percentage of what are otherwise interesting and informative videos about old games and that to me is p. cool and enjoyable

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mung Dynasty posted:

i like avgn and think that the dumb compound swear word thing he does is only a small percentage of what are otherwise interesting and informative videos about old games and that to me is p. cool and enjoyable
That's what makes them so frustrating. Highlighting weird old games is cool, when he's being informative he's fine. Then he does some really fake forced anger shouting and it's awful and it makes the video suck.

Also he isn't funny. poo poo pickle.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's what makes them so frustrating. Highlighting weird old games is cool, when he's being informative he's fine. Then he does some really fake forced anger shouting and it's awful and it makes the video suck.

most game vids are almost entirely forced unfunny humor and zero interesting examination so the fact that avgns stuff is only partially garbage makes them better in this gamers opinion

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

:rolleyes:

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

FactsAreUseless posted:

um actually just like yahtzee the compound crazy swears are part of the charm and really funny hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Comparing poo poo like yahtzee to the A.V.G.N. ... Gtfo.

• Locked thread